Jump to content
R1s1ngs0n

Best Buy Chernobyl (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]

Recommended Posts

Well defiantly different and striking .

 

Looking at first glace and it is a MOOSIVE 

no way smh GIF by Originals

 

 

then that back corner pulling all of the image together a stroke of 

 

excited genius GIF

 

 

This series IS A MUST WATCH AND WAS BREATH TAKING IN BLU RAY 

 

IN 4K 

Regalt Staring GIF - Regalt Staring Stare GIFs

 

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

A bit odd using Edvard Munch's masterpiece as focal set point. As I have yet to see any of the series, I don't know where or how it would tie in so, yeah, bit of an odd choice.

Still, it's a pretty bold move and I like bold moves.

May need to check this out. 🙂

 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Grendel said:

A bit odd using Edvard Munch's masterpiece as focal set point. As I have yet to see any of the series, I don't know where or how it would tie in so, yeah, bit of an odd choice.

Still, it's a pretty bold move and I like bold moves.

May need to check this out. 🙂

 

 

PLEASE DO WATCH @Grendel

 

Episode 1 is quite slow  

 

5 eps in total 

 

The last IS A BENCHMARK  IN HOW A Story  should be told to avoid  a let down to the viewer .

 

A highlight  is both the Cinematography AND score.  

 

Both stark haunting and bring a extra depth to the desperation of all involved in the aftermath , of an event that never happened . 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

 

PLEASE DO WATCH @Grendel

 

Episode 1 is quite slow  

 

5 eps in total 

 

The last IS A BENCHMARK  IN HOW A Story  should be told to avoid  a let down to the viewer .

 

A highlight  is both the Cinematography AND score.  

 

Both stark haunting and bring a extra depth to the desperation of all involved in the aftermath , of an event that never happened . 

Cinematography in some of the scenes in the last episode are some of the best I've seen on TV.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Robertm89 said:

Cinematography in some of the scenes in the last episode are some of the best I've seen on TV.

It was so good. 
I was a little bummed at first that it was not in their language and subtitled, but I get why they did it in English. Too many people hate subtitles, and would not have watched.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Awards

 

 

4 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

The last IS A BENCHMARK  IN HOW A Story  should be told to avoid  a let down to the viewer .

 

 

Agreed Ann! Its that good I've watched this series 5 times!

 

4 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

Episode 1 is quite slow 

 

I enjoyed it right from the start. The thought of all that leaked radiation everywhere that you can't see, it almost made me feel dirty it was that tense

 

 

Those brave fireman that arrived right at the start

 

hU3qS4WPQgURfXHApq.gif.6e592b454b9e7c1e15837b688c3399fd.gif

 

And then later on,  when clearing the roof tops when each person could only have 60 seconds up there ....

 

icOqTvuiohFfImgMCc.gif.5a3277efb7ca39498f38fc0605d3fe59.gif

 

 

After looking at this new steelbook and taking it in for the past 24 hours it has grown on me a little...

 

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg.0c68ba330719389acf2c656c1e92ed6e.jpg

 

But I'm not sure if it suits the tragic true story of Chernobyl and the human cost that was involved. Think it deserved more. 

 

 

 

Edited by RileyLad
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, mgurau said:

It was so good. 
I was a little bummed at first that it was not in their language and subtitled, but I get why they did it in English. Too many people hate subtitles, and would not have watched.

 

 

Me too . We watch everything with subtitles .  

 

14 hours ago, RileyLad said:

 

 

 

 

Agreed Ann! Its that good I've watched this series 5 times!

 

YOU TOO 

 

Heart Love GIF by swerk

 

 

 

14 hours ago, RileyLad said:

 

 

I enjoyed it right from the start.

 

 

 YEP where I meant slow was that as a viewer we know the ending even tough the TRUTH will never be known 

 

 

 

 

14 hours ago, RileyLad said:

 

 

The thought of all that leaked radiation everywhere that you can't see, it almost made me feel dirty it was that tense

 

 

Those brave fireman that arrived right at the start

 

hU3qS4WPQgURfXHApq.gif.6e592b454b9e7c1e15837b688c3399fd.gif

 

 

The calm and nonchalance with the incident was treated with EVEN WHEN THE SERIOUSNESS WAS KNOWN 

 

scared classic film GIF by Shudder

 

 

 

 

14 hours ago, RileyLad said:

 

And then later on,  when clearing the roof tops when each person could only have 60 seconds up there ....

 

icOqTvuiohFfImgMCc.gif.5a3277efb7ca39498f38fc0605d3fe59.gif

 

The miners as well that Doctor Who Reaction GIF

 

 

 

14 hours ago, RileyLad said:

 

After looking at this new steelbook and taking it in for the past 24 hours it has grown on me a little...

 

imageproxy.jpeg.jpg.0c68ba330719389acf2c656c1e92ed6e.jpg

 

But I'm not sure if it suits the tragic true story of Chernobyl and the human cost that was involved. Think it deserved more

 

 

 

 

 

Yes that image is a strange choice yet the reactor in the background 

 

DEFFO deserves MORE 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if the series deserve this cover, but for me use The Scream is an interstesting idea.

I think that some theories says that the figure on the paint doesn't scream but try to block out the nature's scream, shivering with fear. So for me it fits with the disaster of chernobyl.

 

I think I might be tempted by this one, I don't know.

 

Confused Hm GIF

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have opposite different feelings.

 

For one side, I didn't like the Blu-ray steelbook cover we had seen until now. I respect those who like it a lot, but it reminds me too much of a video game, of the typical catalog background cover without prepare something thinking in its content.

 

Chernobyl-v1-0629-1500-fit-to-width-431x

 

This cover inspired by Edvard Munch's painting is pretty, but ... is it appropriate? Of course, I prefer it a thousand times over the other; what happened in Chernobyl seen through what the series tells and how they tell it can't be taken as a video game.

 

But  this new option, original and worked from the concept of despair and anguish of the original painting, although it shows much more effort than the other, and has good intention, even though it's beautiful ... it runs the risk of looking like a cartoon about Chernobyl. I don't know if it's because of the color palette, or it's our fault, but it doesn't convince me 100%.

 

It's something very subjective, of course, but I preferred some more solemn. An allegory to the frist episode final shots of happy people watching the spectacle of light and fire that they saw in the distance of the night, ignoring what was going to happen to them, ignorance and happiness vs. disaster. Or maybe something minimalist, with very little text. Even a design related to Pripyat today.

 

But I also recognize the ambition or risk taken by the designer, and that is something that I always appreciate.

 

For now, I'm curious to see the first images of that steelbook without the information from Best-Buy. To complete my feelings from reality.

If it gives me a good feeling, I'll buy it. I always end up rewarding efforts to do something "more".

 

But above all, in these times, I didn't expect "Chernobyl" to be released in 4K. And that makes this release always great news.

 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

I have opposite different feelings.

 

For one side, I didn't like the Blu-ray steelbook cover we had seen until now. I respect those who like it a lot, but it reminds me too much of a video game, of the typical catalog background cover without prepare something thinking in its content.

 

Chernobyl-v1-0629-1500-fit-to-width-431x

 

This cover inspired by Edvard Munch's painting is pretty, but ... is it appropriate? Of course, I prefer it a thousand times over the other; what happened in Chernobyl seen through what the series tells and how they tell it can't be taken as a video game.

 

But  this new option, original and worked from the concept of despair and anguish of the original painting, although it shows much more effort than the other, and has good intention, even though it's beautiful ... it runs the risk of looking like a cartoon about Chernobyl. I don't know if it's because of the color palette, or it's our fault, but it doesn't convince me 100%.

 

It's something very subjective, of course, but I preferred some more solemn. An allegory to the frist episode final shots of happy people watching the spectacle of light and fire that they saw in the distance of the night, ignoring what was going to happen to them, ignorance and happiness vs. disaster. Or maybe something minimalist, with very little text. Even a design related to Pripyat today.

 

But I also recognize the ambition or risk taken by the designer, and that is something that I always appreciate.

 

For now, I'm curious to see the first images of that steelbook without the information from Best-Buy. To complete my feelings from reality.

If it gives me a good feeling, I'll buy it. I always end up rewarding efforts to do something "more".

 

But above all, in these times, I didn't expect "Chernobyl" to be released in 4K. And that makes this release always great news.

 

 

 

After seeing the series I understood WHY that door as the cover yet as you to me it was not enough .

 

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

Decent film guys? Not seen it, so feedback would be welcome 👍

 

For me it is one of the best TV Shows in recent years. Narrated with precision and respect, and in a style absolutely appropriate for the story, it tells you everything that happened in Chernobyl on the day of the explosion and the following days. Slow when it should be slow, fast when it should be fast, and very talented in both directing and acting. It combines quality and entertainment. A little gem. In my opinion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys at cost, as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy