IGNORED

Rate The Movie You Recently Watched

Scary Hair

• ★ Administrators ★

The Darkest Minds

7/10

I never read the book, but this was a pretty entertaining young viewer fantasy/sci-fi type stuff which I happen to like. If you enjoyed The Hunger Games and Divergent then you'll probably like this. If not, then you should pass. It's set up for sequels if it does well.

• Haha 1

• Replies 289
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange days 9/10

@Scary Hair is responsible for me seeing this because somehow it completely flew under my radar.

Thanks Ann!!!

I really really liked it.

Unique story (back then) with brilliant cast. Cinematography was top notch too.

I highly recommend watching Strange days but I suppose everyone already did and I am last lol

• Haha 1

Paterson 8/10

This movie is about an ordinary guy living his ordinary life and we get to see one week of it. He is a bus driver and passioned poet.

There is no action, drama or anything like that. Just a normal guy living his life.

You may think that sounds very boring but that is really not the case. Actually it was pretty refreshing in its way and also very funny here and there.

Adam Driver gave an incredible performance, his best to date. Very adorable and charming throughout the entire movie.

The slow pacing might be a problem when it comes to rewatch value, hence 8/10 and not 9/10.

Highly recommended :)

• 2 weeks later...

The jackal 7/10

Good old fashioned action movie with solid story.

Negative: Casting Richard Gere as the cold-blooded ex-terrorist? C'mon ?

Lady bird 8.5/10

Sensational acting and even better directing!

This movie is a realistic view on the troubles a young teenage girl can have with her mother while growing up (and the other typical stuff).

It switches from sad to funny more than once.

Highly recommended.

A quiet place 8/10

I have a thing for post-apocalyptic scenarios ála The last of us.

The monsters in a quiet place must have been inspired by The last of us' 'clickers' :)

Anyway, you do not get to see how everything started. The movie starts 89 days after the event that started the whole situation.

Most of the dialogue is done in sign language because making any sort of noise will get you killed.

The intense atmosphere is almost touchable during the entire runtime of 90min.

I recommend seeing this movie!

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Upgrade 7.5/10

Not very polished but I'm a sucker for this stuff. Yes, it's a a pretty well worn concept (man gets "upgrade" with technology implant and can do cool stuff, including some gory killing) but it felt fresh all the way through. The acting was mostly good although it felt a bit stiff at times. Not much music or soundtrack at all. Worth a watch.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

The Benchwarmers  & The Beer League  :P

2 very stupid funny, corny movies full of "bad" actors and a bad story line. 

If you don't take life so serious and enjoy movies Adam Sandler type movies you will love them.  

These types of movies suit me perfectly.  

Easy to watch and puts a smile on your face one way or another.  

Of course they are not for everyone.  

But if you are the type who can laugh at lifes daily struggles and laugh at yourself when you do stoopid things you might enjoy them.  

Definitely not for Germans.  As Germans have no sense of humour at all.  

I judge movies for what they are, not what they are not.  

They both get a 9/10 for me in the stupid, corny comedy movie category.  

874192077_Kingpincopy.jpg.faba0fb92e84c79f65019eec27d2fdab.jpg

• Like 1

Avengers Infinity War 8/10

This movie is hard to rate.

With 8.6 on IMDB it is currently the highest rated movie of the MCU. I think there are better MCU's though.

They did a great job getting the enourmous cast the time they needed without feeling rushed. And before you saw what characters are now in the focus you kind of could guess it because of it's tone.

What I was disappointed about was the CGI, especially Thanos looked a little off at times e.g. when he was walking or climbing some stairs.

Overall this 149min movie stormed by and was an easy and entertaining watch.

I am probably one of the last Psychos to see it but I recommend seeing this movie, especially when you are a fan of Marvel movies.

Thanks for reading.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Wonder 8/10

A very emotional movie about a young boy with a deformed face growing up as an outsider and who is constantly confronted with rejection. 

The powerful performances of the entire cast make this a very rememberable movie.

Highly recommended watching with your girl.

@Catgirl did you see it? The German title is "Wunder" with Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson.

Edited by PRIAPISM

1 hour ago, PRIAPISM said:

Ready Player One 8/10

Wow I was so damn entertained lol 

Is it a perfect movie? No it is not. It has some flaws but I really didn't care.

It is an eye-candy from start to finish and fast paced! I had a blast with this one :)

For me it was a 9/10, just sit and be entertained  :)

Upgrade: 9/10 as well. Awesome movie, one of the best so far for 2018 imo :)

• Thanks 1

Jumanji - Welcome to the jungle 7/10

Hilarious popcorn movie for a relaxing Sunday afternoon.

I liked the idea of the story and it was also responsible for the actors likeable performances. e.g. the rock had to play a teenage nerd.

I had some good laughs :)

Recommended!

Revenge 7/10

The title gives it away. The story of a girl which was raped and left in the desert to die by three men.

It is hard to watch at times as there are some pretty gory scenes! It truly deserves the rated 18.

I had a great time watching! Check it out when you can.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, PRIAPISM said:

Revenge 7/10

The title gives it away. The story of a girl which was raped and left in the desert to die by three men.

It is hard to watch at times as there are some pretty gory scenes! It truly deserves the rated 18.

I had a great time watching! Check it out when you can.

I got the German Steelbook which is uncut and yes it is truly deserving of its 18 cert ..... I don’t think I’ve seen so much crimson in a movie for long time ..... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, deckard99 said:

Peppermint - 7.5/10

Jennifer Garner is very good in this movie about a soccer mom transforming herself and going all "john wick" on some baddies who done her wrong. Nothing innovative, but entertaining throughout.

mmmm Jennifer Garner. 

I'd love to get me some of that all dressed up in her Elektra outfit. 

Oh yeah!   

• Haha 1

Oldies yet goldies from me 

Jake Speed out of 5

Ultra low budget , in a way Taken before Taken with a inept Brian Mills.  4 backsides on seats for the whole move . 

With the Late GREAT John Hurt paying an ozeing slimebalk of a bad guy .

Everyone enjoying the same thing , that around here is a rare Gem .  

The new 2K restoration by Arrow is a nice , refreshing make over for an 80's fun classic. 

Raise The Titanic 4 out of 

long drawn out , still enjoyed it after not seeing it in so many years .

Set long before the weak of the Titanic was located .

A complete fantasy of bringing the Titanic back to the surface of the Atlantic Ocean. All in the name to recover a long lost mineral that may start a global arms race .

Each attempt to bring Clive Cusslers tales of NUMA and Dirk Pitt to the big screen have failed. May be one day ....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Seems to be Retro with me of late 

Time After Time 10 out of 5

Almost 40 years old and better than some of today's movies. 

H.G Wells tracks Jack The Ripper acoss time from the streets of Whitechapel to 1983 San Francisco as Jack carrys on his notoriety into our time .

A desperate game of Cat and Mouse is played for the highest stakes .

Shape Of Water 5 out of 5

A brilliant piece of Cinema ,  infinate re watch value .

Masterclass in every field . 

• Like 1

First Man - 9.5 out of 10

The best movie I have seen in 2018. Very powerful, intense, intimate, and visceral filmmaking. I was sweating through every mission even though I knew the outcome, and I got goosebumps when Armstrong left the lander to take his first steps on the Moon. After WhiplashLa La Land, and this, Damien Chazelle can really do no wrong in my mind. Ryan Gosling was a great choice to play Neil Armstrong. Claire Foy was remarkable as well.

• Like 1

Awards

• 2 weeks later...

Bohimiam Rapsody 

where to start at the beginning I guess and that is what the this movie does .

Almost impossible to fit the entire story of the group Queen into a few hours .

This does just that and does it extremely well . 

Light and dark,  love and tears 

Friends till the end .

The Live Aid Wembley Stadium recreation like everything else magnificent 

giphy.gif

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

MEG (2018) 4.5/10

I was really looking forward to this movie because a great shark movie is garantueed fun.

Well, I didn't get what I was hoping for.

The CGI was mediocre at best for 2018.

The ending was over the top. Jason Statham must be some sort of superhero.

My main conplain tho is the utterly implausible behaviour of the characters throughout the entire movie.

You would expect a at least a little respect and fear for a 25m shark.

They saw the shark destroy several ships but yet they think it is a good idea to approach him with a ship and even jump in the water to give him an injection by hand. That is just one example of many.

Realistic bahaviour = zero.

Feel free to skip this movie or at least be drunk while watching 🤣

• Like 1

Le 18/09/2018 à 11:47, larson1977 a dit :

Upgrade: 9/10 as well. Awesome movie, one of the best so far for 2018 imo :)

There are very good ideas in Upgrade, but the film clearly lacks financial means ... Too bad, it will be a 7/10 for me

• 6 months later...
On 10/27/2018 at 2:22 PM, Scary Hair said:

Bohimiam Rapsody 

where to start at the beginning I guess and that is what the this movie does .

Almost impossible to fit the entire story of the group Queen into a few hours .

This does just that and does it extremely well . 

Light and dark,  love and tears 

Friends till the end .

The Live Aid Wembley Stadium recreation like everything else magnificent 

@Scary Hair you forgot the rating on this one! 😛

Captain Marvel - 7.5/10

So this one was tough to rate. I didn't actually see it in theaters because I wouldn't really consider myself a Captain Marvel fan so I waited until it was released and grabbed the steelbook at Best Buy. While the story was pretty predictable, I have to say it was still a really well done film. Very entertaining and it's always awesome to see more female super heroes in the spot light. In terms of that, I have to say I still give Wonder Woman the edge as my favorite female super hero movie. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Awards