• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Veum said:

I do not have the steel but I have this:

image.jpeg.acfc99b3b6a2b184dd10c8f2390480f1.jpeg

After the vicious slaughter of his family by stone-cold mercenary Sub-Zero, Hanzo Hasashi is exiled to the torturous Netherrealm. There, in exchange for his servitude to the sinister Quan Chi, he’s given a chance to avenge his family – and is resurrected as Scorpion, a lost soul bent on revenge. Back on Earthrealm, Lord Raiden gathers a team of elite warriors – Shaolin monk Liu Kang, Special Forces officer Sonya Blade and action star Johnny Cage – an unlikely band of heroes with one chance to save humanity. To do this, they must defeat Shang Tsung’s horde of Outworld gladiators and reign over the Mortal Kombat tournament. Prepare to witness all of the bone-crushing action in this riveting Mortal Kombat Legends animated feature!

image.thumb.jpeg.e43f2ad96bcabf87029bd1966fe0cb32.jpeg

Oh Wow!! I didn’t know there was a 4K edition!! I think the SB was only BluRay disc.

I think I’ll get this one too then!!... 😃😃😬

• Like 3

Nomadland (starring Frances McDormand, dir. Chloé Zhao)

image.jpeg.cc217da361de13aee4334c09088af00f.jpeg

Nomadland will begin streaming on Hulu on February 19, 2021. One the same day, Nomadland will open in theaters wide.

Fox Searchlight Pictures has acquired worldwide rights to writer-director Chloé Zhao’s road drama “Nomadland,” starring Frances McDormand.

The film follows McDormand’s Oscar-winning role in Searchlight’s “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri.” David Strathairn, Linda May, and Charlene Swankie also star.

“Nomadland” is a Highwayman Films, Hear/Say Productions, and Cor Cordium Productions project. The film is produced by McDormand, Peter Spears, Mollye Asher, Dan Janvey, and Zhao.

The movie follows a woman in her sixties, who after losing everything in the Great Recession, embarks on a journey through the American West, living as a van-dwelling modern-day nomad.

“As I fell in love with the American west, it was impossible not to become fascinated with the roads that lead to the many adventures beyond the horizon,” Zhao said. “I’m very fortunate to be able to hit the road with a talented team and collaborate with a cast of professional and non-professional actors who are deeply giving and inspiring. I can’t wait to share their stories and what we’ve discovered along the way.”

Zhao also used non-professional actors in her indie drama “The Rider.”

The deal was brokered by Fox Searchlight’s Megan O’Brien with WME, UTA, and Lichter Grossman on behalf of the talent and filmmakers. The movie is based on Jessica Bruder’s non-fiction book “Nomadland: Surviving America in the Twenty-First Century,” which McDormand and Spears optioned soon after it was published in 2017.

Frances McDormand’s ‘Nomadland’ Bought by Fox Searchlight

• Thanks 4

• 1 month later...

Sony Pictures In the Line of Fire 4K UHD (1993)

In the Line of Fire (1993) will get a 4K UHD release on June 15.

image.jpeg.0afa1b5e93b42e0a711d738ce19cc46a.jpeg

Aging Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan, on duty the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated, is still unable to forget his failure on that fateful day, even as he nears retirement 30 years later. When a psychotic man calling himself Booth threatens to kill the current president, Horrigan discovers that the man knows far more about him than he knows about the man. Booth dares Horrigan to catch him, taunting the troubled agent with his past disappointments, as Horrigan desperately tries to protect the President and regain his self-respect at the same time.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Veum said:

Sony Pictures In the Line of Fire 4K UHD (1993)

In the Line of Fire (1993) will get a 4K UHD release on June 15.

image.jpeg.0afa1b5e93b42e0a711d738ce19cc46a.jpeg

Aging Secret Service agent Frank Horrigan, on duty the day John F. Kennedy was assassinated, is still unable to forget his failure on that fateful day, even as he nears retirement 30 years later. When a psychotic man calling himself Booth threatens to kill the current president, Horrigan discovers that the man knows far more about him than he knows about the man. Booth dares Horrigan to catch him, taunting the troubled agent with his past disappointments, as Horrigan desperately tries to protect the President and regain his self-respect at the same time.

gran torino GIF

• Haha 1

shark attack sequel The Meg 2

image.thumb.jpeg.d52a3d7806508d9a46467a19cf29cfed.jpeg

The director of Kill List, SightseersA Field in EnglandHigh-Rise, Rebecca, and new movie In the Earth, Ben Wheatley will next be directing shark attack sequel The Meg 2 for Warner Bros.

Speaking with ComicBook.com this week, Wheatley touched upon the massive scale of the upcoming action-horror sequel, as well as playing in an already-established sandbox.

Ben Wheatley Talks ‘The Meg 2’ and the “Insanely Large Scale” We Can Expect from His Biggest Movie Yet

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Second Sight

Following some speculation we can confirm we will be releasing The Hitcher on Blu-ray! We would have loved to release a 4K, however original elements are missing or no longer exist and this therefore won’t be possible. We’ve searched via several film archive associations with worldwide members plus other routes. Only prints exist, and then very rarely. We will be using the existing master taken from a print which is in the best condition we have seen. However, further restoration work is being done on the master to address several issues that we can improve upon, including some image warping caused by rips/tears. Hours will be spent in manual restoration for further dirt and scratch removal, splice removal, improved stability and flicker repair. We are also re-grading to balance colour given the print source. We aim to give The Hitcher the best possible presentation it has ever had.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1772x1141.

183223143_2132807460187009_3805974587509

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, RAK said:

Sounds like this might be your cup of tea.

cup of tea pinky GIF by Worcester Warriors

Maybe as I like the A.I. Doll in the Humans series! :)

In the near future, technological advances have brought about the creation of life-like humanoid servants, called Synthetics—or synths—that help busy families simplify their lives.

• Like 2