• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For a Few Dollars More 4K Blu-ray

United States 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray 

Kino Lorber | 1965 | 130 min | No Release Date

For a Few Dollars More 4K (Blu-ray)

Eastwood is a keen-eyed, quick-witted bounty hunter on the bloody trail of Indio, the territory's most treacherous bandit. But his ruthless rival, Colonel Mortimer, is determined to bring Indio in first...dead or alive! Failing to capture their prey—or eliminate each other—the two are left with only one option: team up, or face certain death at the hands of Indio and his band of murderous outlaws.

A Fistful of Dollars 4K Blu-ray

United States 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray

Kino Lorber | 1964 | 99 min | No Release Date

A Fistful of Dollars 4K (Blu-ray)

A mysterious gunman has just arrived in San Miguel, a grim, dusty border town where two rival bands of smugglers are terrorizing the impoverished citizens. A master of the "quick-draw," the stranger soon receives offers of employment from each gang. But his loyalty cannot be bought; he accepts both jobs…and sets in motion a plan to destroy both jobs…and sets in motion a plan to destroy both groups of criminals, pitting one against the other in a series of brilliantly orchestrated set-ups, showdowns and deadly confrontations.

• Like 1

Universal Nabs The Exorcist Trilogy With Ellen Burstyn to Reprise Role

According to The New York Times, Universal Pictures and Peacock have successfully acquired the rights to Blumhouse Production’s follow-up trilogy to William Friedkin’s iconic horror film The Exorcist for a whopping deal of over $400 million. This acquisition comes after it was reported last December that Halloween‘s David Gordon Green was in talks to direct. Now, it has been officially confirmed that he has signed on to helm the first film in the planned trilogy, which is expected to arrive in theaters in late 2023.

In addition, acclaimed actress Ellen Burstyn has also agreed to return to the franchise and will reprise her iconic role as Chris MacNeil after over 40 years since the original film made its debut in 1973. For her performance as a mother to a possessed child, she earned her second Oscar nomination for Best Actress.

Blumhouse’s The Exorcist trilogy is not being developed as a remake but rather as a direct sequel to the original horror feature. Joining Burstyn is Oscar nominee Leslie Odom Jr. (Hamilton, One Night in Miami) for the leading role of a father of a possessed child whose desperation leads him to track down Chris McNeil.

“Blumhouse has always experienced incredible partnership from the team at Universal, and I’m grateful to Donna Langley and Jimmy Horowitz for believing in the vision of David’s film and having the foresight to be flexible with distribution, so the team feels top-notch support through the lifeline of the film. They’re committed to theatrical exhibition and will also serving streaming viewers well by bringing an exciting franchise like the Exorcist to Peacock too,” Blumhouse CEO and Founder, Jason Blum said in a statement (via TheWrap). “I’m grateful to be working with David Robinson and the great team at Morgan Creek on this iconic franchise.”

Based on William Peter Blatty’s 1971 novel, the original film was directed by William Friedkin from a screenplay also adapted by Blatty. It starred Oscar winner Ellen Burstyn, Max von Sydow, Jason Miller, and Linda Blair. The Exorcist centered around the sudden demonic possession of a 12-year-old girl named Reagan after encountering an old Ouija board. In a last attempt to save Reagan, two Roman Catholic priests are enlisted to conduct an exorcism on her.

“There’s no better time to be joining forces with the team at Peacock, reuniting with the great team at Universal and finally getting to work with my friends at Blumhouse, than on this classic franchise,” Morgan Creek president, David Robinson said. “David Gordon Green, Danny McBride, Scott Teems, and Peter Sattler have put together a compelling continuation of this iconic tale and I can’t wait to bring this to fans around the world.”

The Exorcist sequel will be directed by David Gordon Green from a screenplay he will co-write with Halloween writers Scott Teems, Danny McBride, and Petter Sattler. It will be produced by Jason Blum, David Robinson, and James Robinson with Green, McBride, and Couper Samuelson to executive produce. It will be a co-production between Blumhouse and Morgan Creek Production, with Ryan Turek to oversee the project on behalf of Blumhouse.

Edited by ShadowWarrior
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scarlett Johansson Is Suing Disney Over 'Black Widow' Streaming Release

Scarlett Johansson has reportedly filed a lawsuit against the Walt Disney Company after the release of Black Widow, per a story from The Wall Street Journal. The suit, filed by the actress on Thursday in L.A. Superior Court, alleges that Disney entered breach of contract by releasing the recent MCU movie both in theaters and on the Disney+ streaming service on July 9.

According to the report, Johansson's suit said that her contract with Disney guaranteed an exclusive theatrical release for Black Widow, with her salary conditional on the film's box office performance. A line in the suit says that "Disney intentionally induced Marvel’s breach of the agreement, without justification, in order to prevent Ms. Johansson from realizing the full benefit of her bargain with Marvel."

Per the complaint filed by Johansson and her team, there had been pre-pandemic concerns that Black Widow would be made available on Disney+, and representatives for the actress reached out to Marvel and Disney for confirmation. In a March 2019 email included as part of the lawsuit, Marvel Chief Counsel Dave Galluzzi said that the release plan for Black Widow would adhere to a traditional theatrical model, adding, "We understand that should the plan change, we would need to discuss this with you and come to an understanding as the deal is based on a series of (very large) box office bonuses." The suit also alleges that when Johansson's representatives attempted to renegotiate her contract after Black Widow, Disney and Marvel never responded to those efforts.

As of this reporting, Disney has not released an official response. Meanwhile, Black Widow will be released on all major digital platforms on August 10, with a 4K, Blu-ray, and DVD release following on September 14.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

universal-classic-monsters-4k-release-da

Disney Marvel Studios | Werewolf By Night - TBA

Marvel Studios Reportedly Planning Werewolf by Night For MCU Project

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x720.

mcu-werewolf-moonknight.jpg

Quote:

Marvel Studios is about to expand heavily on its catalog of characters over the next couple of years, especially as all-new properties come to theaters and Disney+. This even includes the studio's first real dip into the supernatural and mystical side of the MCU with entries like Oscar Isaac's Moon Knight on Disney+.

The series is currently filming in Budapest, although story details for Marc Spector's first solo project remain a mystery for the time being.

Isaac will be joined by Ethan Hawke as one of the villains in Moon Knight, although it's unclear what specific character he will play even from looking at set photos of him in costume. In fact, there have been no rumors pointing to any specific big bad that the hero will face, although the character boasts an impressive rogues' gallery from the comics.

In that light, news has just come regarding one specific villain for whom Marvel Studios may have plans for in this show.

Filmmaker Kevin Smith suggested on an episode of his FatMan Beyond show, via ComicBook, that former Marvel TV head Jeph Loeb turned Smith down from using Werewolf by Night in a Howard the Duck show he was working on for Hulu.

Smith spoke about wanting to "take a stab at all the f***ing '70s characters" in this new show, which included Jack Russell on the list. When running his idea by Loeb for how he would have used Werewolf by Night, Loeb shot down the idea and simply said "the movie division was using him:"

"Two years ago when we announced, 'Hey, we're gonna be doing Masters of the Universe!' which is now about to happen, we also announced 'Hey, we're gonna be doing Howard the Duck!' over at Hulu, remember that? For a red hot minute, I was working on Howard the Duck and before Dave [Willis, Aqua Teen Hunger Force co-creator] involved, when it was just me, Jeph Loeb was like 'Hey man, I think you'd be good for Howard the f--king Duck.' I reached out to Walter Flanagan from Comic Book Men and told him I'm gonna take a stab at all the f--king 70s characters. Walt was giving suggestions and Werewolf By Night was absolutely on the list."

"In my head, as I started building my season, I was like, 'Alright. Episode 5. Werewolf by Night.' The idea of our story was that Howard was trapped here and he was trying to get pages of the Darkhold, which would allow him to go back. There's Howard as I'm laying it out and then I go into Jeph and told him what I wanted to do, and that's when they said 'You can't use Werewolf by Night,' and I asked why. They said the movie division was using him."

As one of the biggest names in comic book movies, Smith's quotes certainly hold weight, especially considering that Werewolf by Night is a key player in Marvel Comics' history.

Nearly two years ago, rumors first teased that Marvel Studios had plans to bring Marvel Comics' popular werewolf into the MCU, although the capacity of his arrival wasn't known at the time. Looking at his ties to Moon Knight, especially with his show having recently been announced at the time it seemed most likely that the two would find their way into a Marvel Studios property together.

Moon Knight originally made his comics debut in "Werewolf by Night #32" from 1975, so it seems only right that Jack Russell would be an important piece of the story in the live-action Moon Knight series for Marvel Studios. Taking into account how Egyptian mythology plays into Marc Spector's origin story, bringing werewolves into play here as well could be a fairly easy entry point.

With story details still unknown for Oscar Isaac's solo series still likely remaining under wraps for some time, fans wait to find out if Marvel's well-known lycanthrope will make his first appearance alongside the mystical anti-hero. The rumor is a thrilling one nonetheless, and it seems as though Marvel has plans to bring him into play at some point in the near future.

Moon Knight is currently filming and will release on Disney+ sometime in 2022.

Marvel Studios Reportedly Planning Werewolf by Night For MCU Project

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

Brendan Fraser Joins Apple’s Killers of the Flower Moon & Legendary’s Brothers

According to Deadline, Brendan Fraser (The Mummy trilogy) has officially been tapped to join two high-profile movie projects in the form of Apple TV+’s Martin Scorsese-directed Western crime drama Killers of the Flower Moon and Legendary’s forthcoming comedy feature Brothers. Fraser is set to portray the role of a lawyer named WS Hamilton in the Leonardo DiCaprio-led film, which is currently filming in Oklahoma. As for his role in the star-studded comedy movie, further details about its characters and plot are still being kept under wraps but it is also currently in production in Atlanta, Georgia.

Based on David Grann’s acclaimed 2017 best-selling non-fiction crime novel, the plot is set in 1920s Oklahoma and explores the serial murders of members of the oil-wealthy Osage Nation, a string of brutal crimes that would later become known as the Reign of Terror.

Killers of the Flower Moon is being directed and produced by Scorsese from a screenplay he co-wrote with Eric Roth. It will feature an ensemble cast including Leonardo DiCaprio, Robert De Niro, Jesse Plemons, and more.

Brothers is being directed by Max Barbakow (Palm Springs) from a screenplay written by Macon Blair (Green Room, I Don’t Feel at Home)) and Etan Cohen (Tropic Thunder, Get Hard).

Described as in the same vein as the 1988 classic comedy Twins, the film will be led by Emmy winner Peter Dinklage and Oscar nominee Josh Brolin along with acclaimed actress Glenn Close. 

He was great in No Sudden Move 

• Like 2

Limited NOTLD Steelbook from Amazon.de

Night of the Living Dead (Uncut Kinofassung - Steelbook) [Blu-ray]

€ 22.99 Delivery for € 12.18: Friday, Aug 20.

image.jpeg.fb4c3d953e3f3163ac5cec08d52fc71e.jpeg

Sony also releasing NOTLD Amazon.de Exclusive with Digibook

Night of the Living Dead (Uncut Kinofassung - Ultimate Collector´s Fan Edition (Figurine) Exklusiv bei amazon.de [Blu-ray] Amazon Exclusive Edition

image.thumb.jpeg.aa58a219a2f7398800564ccab316c841.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.cebab990bbadc754b1220493ca93d1ca.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Veum

Warner Bros. has announced an October 22 release date for Clint Eastwood’s latest movie, “Cry Macho.”

New release date:Sept. 17th

The Western story is based on the 1975 novel by N. Richard Nash and stars Eastwood along with Eduardo Minett and Dwight Yoakam.

The screenplay is written by Nash and Nick Schenk.

Set in 1978, Eastwood plays a one-time rodeo star and washed up horse breeder who takes a job from an ex-boss to bring the man’s young son home and away from his alcoholic mom. Crossing rural Mexico on their back way to Texas, the unlikely pair faces an unexpectedly challenging journey, during which the world-weary horseman may find his own sense of redemption through teaching the boy what it means to be a good man.

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io

image?url=https%3A%2F%2Fstatic.onecms.io

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings Sets Premiere Date as Season 1 Wraps Filming

lord-of-the-rings-series-e1627930908999.

Amazon Studios has announced that production on the upcoming first season of their highly-anticipated Lord of the Rings series has finally been completed in New Zealand. The filming wrap also comes with the release of the first official image from the untitled series which you can check out below, providing us a glimpse of the first episode.

Hailing from J.D. Payne and Patrick McKay, Amazon’s The Lord of the Rings series has been slated to make its long-awaited debut on Friday, September 2, 2022, exclusively on Amazon Prime Video in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide, with new episodes available weekly.

“As Bilbo says, ‘Now I think I am quite ready to go on another journey.’ Living and breathing Middle-earth these many months has been the adventure of a lifetime. We cannot wait for fans to have the chance to do so as well,” Payne and McKay said in a statement.

• Like 1

The Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection (1931 - 1937) from The Film Detective

The Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection [Special Edition]

The Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection from The Film Detective

The Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection [Special Edition]
  • List Price: $49.95  
  • Your Price: $29.97
  • The Sherlock Holmes Vault Collection

Four Classic Mysteries, all beautifully restored, with exclusive special features make this Vault Collection a must for any Sherlockian.

What's Inside

Disc 1 

• The Fatal Hour (1931) featuring Arthur Wontner 
  • with full commentary track and essay 
  • Disc 2

• The Triumph of Sherlock Holmes (1935) featuring Arthur Wontner 
  • Disc 3

• Silver Blaze (1937) featuring Arthur Wontner 
  • Disc 4 

• A Study in Scarlet (1933) featuring Reginald Owen 
  • Also including: 

• 4 original poster replications
  • Newly restored shorts
  • Exclusive Interviews and Commentary with film history icon, Samuel M. Sherman
  • Radio Recreation of Sherlock Holmes
  •  

Bonus Materials

• The 4 original film posters, replicated as postcards, in the box set
  • A whole host of newly restored Sherlockian shorts
  • Exclusive interview and original production featuring film history icon, Samuel M. Sherman
  • Each feature includes its own commentary track
  • Each feature will include a full color booklet with original essay, by various authors and historians
  • Radio Recreation of Sherlock Holmes

• Like 1

Nicholas Hoult To Star In ‘Renfield’; Universal’s Latest Monster Movie Focused On Dracula Henchman

Nicholas Hoult
Nicholas HoultKeith Mayhew/AP

EXCLUSIVE: Less then a week after landing a starring role in Searchlight’s The Menu, Nicholas Hoult looks to have found another project to add to his dance card. Sources tell Deadline that Hoult is on board to star in Universal Pictures’ Renfield, a monster movie centered on Dracula’s familiar henchman. The Tomorrow War director Chris McKay is on board to helm the pic, which is based on an original story outline from Robert Kirkman. Ryan Ridley wrote the script.

McKay’s producing partner Samantha Nisenboim will be joining the project as executive producer. The film will be produced by Skybound Entertainment’s film team including Kirkman, David Alpert, Bryan Furst and Sean Furst.

• Like 3

^^ Wow, does Nicholas Hoult ever look a lot like Richard Thomas (aka "John-Boy") 😮

I'm curious where they go with this idea for "Renfield".

I mean, he didn't have any special abilities, other than his dietary habits certainly evidenced one helluva constitution.

They've labeled it a "Monster Movie" so not really sure what beasties may come to play.

I doubt Dracula would suffer any interlopers and if he is not in it (I certainly expect a cameo though, heh), the setting may be other than the sanitarium.

I guess we'll see...🕷️

edit: just read the linked post and apparently it's expected to focus during 'present day'?

Not sure how that works...

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Grendel said:

^^ Wow, does Nicholas Hoult ever look a lot like Richard Thomas (aka "John-Boy") 😮

I'm curious where they go with this idea for "Renfield".

I mean, he didn't have any special abilities, other than his dietary habits certainly evidenced one helluva constitution.

They've labeled it a "Monster Movie" so not really sure what beasties may come to play.

I doubt Dracula would suffer any interlopers and if he is not in it (I certainly expect a cameo though, heh), the setting may be other than the sanitarium.

I guess we'll see...🕷️

edit: just read the linked post and apparently it's expected to focus during 'present day'?

Not sure how that works...

Yeah @Grendel this is just me but they have been totally woeful with their adaptations of my beloved Universal Classic Monsters. I really am not hopeful for this but want it to be more in the ”classic” realm (I do not see this as they want to add some humor to it… I really do not see them doing a great job ala Abbott & Costello meet Frankenstein  mode/classic , hey) of the “ORIGINALS”!

• Like 1

The Don Knotts Collection (Shout Select) - October 5th, 2021

Shout! Factory will be releasing a Don Knotts Collection through their Shout Selects line.

SjTyCDY.jpg

Includes:

• The Ghost And Mr. Chicken
  • The Reluctant Astronaut
  • The Shakiest Gun In The West
  • The Love God?
  • How To Frame A Figg

A staple of everyone’s favorite classic American television shows, Don Knotts carved a hilarious swath through some big-screen Hollywood hits as well. The king of fish-out-of-water comedies, Knotts stumbles and bumbles his way through five laugh-out-loud adventures including: The Ghost And Mr. Chicken, as a timid would-be reporter who finds himself trapped in a haunted house for the night; The Reluctant Astronaut, as NASA’s least-likely-to-succeed spacefarer; The Shakiest Gun In The West, as a clumsy dental student who finds adventure and love on the prairie; The Love God?, as a hapless, straightlaced copy editor scapegoated into fronting a bawdy girlie magazine; and How To Frame A Figg, as a toady bookkeeper framed for financial corruption by big-time city officials and their even shadier supercomputer!

• Like 1

Sonic Movie 2: Idris Elba Cast as Knuckles

Idris Elba has apparently confirmed that he will voice Knuckles the Echidna in the upcoming Sonic Movie sequel.

Elba posted a picture of Knuckles' iconic, well, knuckles on the actor's personal Instagram account seemingly confirming that he has joined the cast.

While we knew that Sonic's friends like Tails will take a more prominent role in the sequel, but a leak from earlier this year also suggested Knuckles will join the cast as well.

Elba has seemingly gone ahead and confirmed those rumors himself with his Instagram post along with the caption "Knock,knock..." and hashtags for #SonicMovie2 and #Knuckles. Elba also tweeted the same image.

Knuckles is an ally and sometimes enemy of Sonic in the games. As a member of the Echidna clan, he's tasked with protecting the Master Emerald. We'll see what side he's on when Sonic Movie 2 is released.

Elba is currently seen in The Suicide Squad which is in theaters and HBO Max. Check out IGN's review of James Gunn's soft reboot here. Also, check out IGN's Sonic Movie review for a recap on the video game adaptation.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CSZ78KAi66e/

• Thanks 1

South Korea Long Day’s Journey Into Night (地球最後的夜晚) [Artcrafts]

Artcrafts will be releasing Bi Gan’s second feature film Long Day’s Journey Into Night on bluray. The edition comes only with a single 2D disc, a director's interview booklet and 4 artcards.

PREODER DATE: August 12th, 2021.

RELEASE DATE: August 19th, 2021.

PURCHASE LINKS: Nova Media

ARTWORK:

F6-C22-FFF-3748-4-E00-9-E08-B3-BE2-F5-B7
  • Thanks 1

United Kingdom Mae West In Hollywood 1932-1943 (Indicator)

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1000x1137.
brIv8D0.png

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1080x671.
zg9vYAw.jpg

Quote:
Release date: 22 November 2021
Limited Edition Blu-ray Box Set (9x UK Blu-ray premieres, 1x World Blu-ray premiere)

• NIGHT AFTER NIGHT (Archie Mayo, 1932)
  • SHE DONE HIM WRONG (Lowell Sherman, 1933)
  • I’M NO ANGEL (Wesley Ruggles, 1933)
  • BELLE OF THE NINETIES (Leo McCarey, 1934)
  • GOIN’ TO TOWN (Alexander Hall, 1935)
  • KLONDIKE ANNIE (Raoul Walsh, 1936)
  • GO WEST YOUNG MAN (Henry Hathaway, 1936)
  • EVERY DAY’S A HOLIDAY (A Edward Sutherland, 1937)
  • MY LITTLE CHICKADEE (Edward F Cline, 1940)
  • THE HEAT’S ON (Gregory Ratoff, 1943)

Includes an exclusive double-sided poster only available with direct orders from Indicators store (poster features original designs for She Done Him Wrong and I'm No Angel). While stocks last.

INDICATOR LIMITED EDITION BLU-RAY BOX SET SPECIAL FEATURES
  • 4K restoration of I’m No Angel
  • 2021 restorations of Belle of the Nineties, Go West Young Man and Every Day’s a Holiday from 4K scans
  • 2018 restorations of Goin’ to Town and My Little Chickadee from 4K scans
  • 2017 restoration of She Done Him Wrong from a 4K scan
  • High Definition remasters of Night After Night, Klondike Annie and The Heat’s On
  • Original mono soundtracks
  • Audio commentary on She Done Him Wrong by critic and film historian Pamela Hutchinson (2021)
  • Audio commentary on I’m No Angel by critic and writer Farran Smith Nehme (2021)
  • Audio commentary on Klondike Annie by academic and curator Eloise Ross (2021)
  • Audio commentary on Go West Young Man by writer and film historian Nora Fiore (2021)
  • Mae West at UCLA (1971): archival audio recording of the great performer in conversation at the University of California, Los Angeles
  • Introduction to My Little Chickadee by Harriet Fields, granddaughter of W C Fields (2021)
  • Lucy Bolton on Mae West (2021): the writer and academic discusses the irrepressible stardom of West
  • Christina Newland on Mae West (2021): the writer and critic looks at West’s glamour and attitudes to sex
  • Two Super 8 versions of I’m No Angel: a pair of original cut-down home-cinema presentations, each consisting of unique scenes
  • Super 8 version of The Heat’s On
  • Original theatrical trailers
  • New and improved subtitles for the deaf and hard-of-hearing
  • Limited edition exclusive 120-page book with a new essay by Iris Veysey, archival articles, a critical archive, and film credits
  • World and UK premieres on Blu-ray
  • Limited edition of 6,000 numbered units
  • MORE TO BE ANNOUNCED!
  • Like 1

:bullwhip:

United Kingdom Open Range (2003) - August 9th, 2021, From 101 Films.

wol_error.gif This image has been resized. Click this bar to view the full image. The original image is sized 1280x1706.
069a3a29-4c9c-453e-8812-0362bec1e3c7.jpg

Quote:
Western set in the 1880s, directed by Kevin Costner. Robert Duvall heads the cast as Boss Spearman, who, along with his partner Charley Waite (Costner) and their two helpers, Mose (Abraham Benrubi) and Buttons (Diego Luna), has been leading a quiet nomadic life driving cattle across the plains for the last ten years. Their peaceful existence comes under threat when the local cattle rancher Baxter (Michael Gambon) suddenly warns the foursome to get off his land. Boss, already riled by Baxter's dirty dealings, decides to fight back, and the film climaxes in a dramatic gunfight between Boss and Charley and Baxter's hired gunmen.
Trailer