Movie News

Veum

• Replies 995
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Folks;

Well, it's been pretty difficult to not see a multitude of trailers for the "Train To Busan" follow-up film, "Penninsula" as of late, if you spend any time at all viewing Youtube.

I dunno friends, they've got me a little worried...🥴

I realize it is not meant as a direct sequel, which is fine but it looks like it received a larger budget and they elected to spend most of that money on wild and crazy CGI chase scenes.

I can't say for sure how this was funded but this has Hollywood suits in a room, group-think what plays best to teenagers with hummingbird attention spans, raising a looming shadow in the background to me.

I will certainly give it a shot and see for myself of course but I'll be picking up a WellGo amaray release before I plunk down cash for a One-Click. 🙂

Hopefully, they've just shoe-horned all the crazy cgi chases into the trailer to attract the cool kids and we'll get a great flik.

Hope so!  😎

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Well, it's been pretty difficult to not see a multitude of trailers for the "Train To Busan" follow-up film, "Penninsula" as of late, if you spend any time at all viewing Youtube.

I dunno friends, they've got me a little worried...🥴

I try to avoid all that and go in with as clean a slate and as open a mind as possible, which is easier said than done in this digital age.

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

'The Devil All the Time' Trailer: Tom Holland, Robert Pattinson Lead Town of Sinners in Backwoods Ohio

image.jpeg.3bc47b069145d992da4266d2257f3cf9.jpeg

The Netflix psychological thriller also stars Bill Skarsgard, Mia Wasikowska, Sebastian Stan, Riley Keough, Jason Clarke and Eliza Scanlen.

The backwoods of Ohio are harboring sinister secrets and ominous characters in this first trailer for Netflix's The Devil All the Time.

Tom Holland and Robert Pattinson lead an all-star ensemble in the Antonio Campos-directed film that counts Jake Gyllenhaal among its producers. The cast also features talent like Bill Skarsgard, Mia Wasikowska and Sebastian Stan. Based on the Donald Ray Pollock novel of the same name, The Devil All The Time follows how the lives of a preacher, couple and sheriff become darkly entangled with a young boy named Arvin Russell (Tom Holland) in the town of Knockemstiff, Ohio.

"How and why people from two points on a map without even a straight line between them can be connected is at the heart of our story," a voice in the trailer can be heard saying over a montage of the faces and landscapes that occupy the small town.

Arvin's father has died, and as he admits that he knows what his daddy did, viewers see Skarsgård's character violently shoving a suffocating man's face into the mud. Soon after, the movie's rather rough-looking cast of characters is all introduced. Hovering in various places — the woods, the lake, the cemetery and a church — the camera finally lands on Pattinson's preacher shakily delivering scripture to his flock.

"That ain't no preacher," Holland's Arvin says while behind the wheel of a car. "He's as bad as they got on the damn radio."

A match is then literally and figuratively struck as a burned-out field, and a forest full of crosses visually give way to a voice-over promising that "When they look back on it, they had no other choice."

The role of Pattinson's preacher then becomes clearer as he proclaims to have "started something" called "the delusion." That's when the people of Knockemstiff go from unsettling to increasingly depraved, as they're overcome by "sin." Murder, guns, alcohol, sex, and more take center stage as the thriller's trailer comes to a visual and musical crescendo.

"What I'm about to do, I do because I have to, not because I want to," Arvin says as the trailer ends.

The upcoming psychological thriller also stars Riley Keough, Jason Clarke, Haley Bennett, Harry Melling, Eliza Scanlen and Pokey LaFarge. Co-written by Antonio Campos and Paulo Campos, and also produced by Randall Poster, Riva Marker and Max Born, The Devil All The Timearrives on Netflix on Sept. 16.

Hollywoodreporter.com

• Like 3

Metal Gear Solid Creator Wants An Old Guard Actor For Solid Snake

image.jpeg.ed1ff931c8175d1fb7e8cd01294e9dad.jpeg

Video game adaptation movies have technically started to find their footing following the back-to-back successes of Detective Pikachu and Sonic the Hedgehog. However, while these more family-friendly projects with cute mascot characters seem to be working, movies based on more mature games are still having difficulty. One video game based movie that is hoping to end that pattern is the Metal Gear Solid movie. The film is still in very early development, and there's a lot we don't know, but franchise creator Hideo Kojima just came up with a new potential star in The Old Guard's Luca Marinelli.

Cinemablend.com

• Like 3

‘The Godfather Part III’ New Edit, Complete With Different Ending, Coming to Theaters

The Godfather Part III

Paramount/Courtesy of Everett Collection

Paramount Pictures will release a new edit and restoration of Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather Part III” in theaters in December, followed by a digital and DVD debut.

The film, which bowed in 1990, has been retitled “Mario Puzo’s The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone.” Paramount said Thursday that the new cut achieves the original vision that Coppola and screenwriter Mario Puzo had for the movie.

“The Godfather Part III” was released 16 years after “The Godfather Part II” and focused on the efforts by Al Pacino’s Michael Corleone to free his family from the crime business. Diane Keaton and Talia Shire reprised their roles, but Robert Duvall refused to return as Tom Hagen. The film was nominated for seven Oscars. Coppola cast his daughter Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone — a performance that was widely panned by critics.

The pic is perhaps best remembered for Pacino’s reading of the line, “Just when I thought I was out … they PULL me back in.”

“‘Mario Puzo’s The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone’ is an acknowledgement of Mario’s and my preferred title and our original intentions for what became ‘The Godfather: Part III,’” Coppola said. “For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots, and music cues. With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to ‘The Godfather’ and ‘The Godfather: Part II’ and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it.”

Coppola and his production company American Zoetrope worked from a 4K scan of the original negative to undertake a frame-by-frame restoration of the new version and the original “The Godfather: Part III.”

“Mr. Coppola oversaw every aspect of the restoration while working on the new edit, ensuring that the film not only looks and sounds pristine, but also meets his personal standards and directorial vision,” said Andrea Kalas, senior vice president of Paramount Archives.

‘The Godfather Part III’ New Edit, Complete With Different Ending, Coming to Theaters

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Spoiler
14 minutes ago, Veum said:

The Godfather Part III

Paramount/Courtesy of Everett Collection

Paramount Pictures will release a new edit and restoration of Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather Part III” in theaters in December, followed by a digital and DVD debut.

The film, which bowed in 1990, has been retitled “Mario Puzo’s The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone.” Paramount said Thursday that the new cut achieves the original vision that Coppola and screenwriter Mario Puzo had for the movie.

“The Godfather Part III” was released 16 years after “The Godfather Part II” and focused on the efforts by Al Pacino’s Michael Corleone to free his family from the crime business. Diane Keaton and Talia Shire reprised their roles, but Robert Duvall refused to return as Tom Hagen. The film was nominated for seven Oscars. Coppola cast his daughter Sofia Coppola as Mary Corleone — a performance that was widely panned by critics.

The pic is perhaps best remembered for Pacino’s reading of the line, “Just when I thought I was out … they PULL me back in.”

“‘Mario Puzo’s The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone’ is an acknowledgement of Mario’s and my preferred title and our original intentions for what became ‘The Godfather: Part III,’” Coppola said. “For this version of the finale, I created a new beginning and ending, and rearranged some scenes, shots, and music cues. With these changes and the restored footage and sound, to me, it is a more appropriate conclusion to ‘The Godfather’ and ‘The Godfather: Part II’ and I’m thankful to Jim Gianopulos and Paramount for allowing me to revisit it.”

Coppola and his production company American Zoetrope worked from a 4K scan of the original negative to undertake a frame-by-frame restoration of the new version and the original “The Godfather: Part III.”

“Mr. Coppola oversaw every aspect of the restoration while working on the new edit, ensuring that the film not only looks and sounds pristine, but also meets his personal standards and directorial vision,” said Andrea Kalas, senior vice president of Paramount Archives.

928DF6E5-ACC0-4526-8A92-5AD24A5992F4.png.24fb53f5db5305590d8d5a28254a1446.png

• Haha 4

• 3 weeks later...

Little Rascals Preservation & Restoration Project

Beloved and Iconic Little Rascals on Blu-ray Soon

Beloved by millions of film goers of all ages, and from all over the world -- Our Gang (The Little Rascals) is truly special. But as great as the Rascals are in terms of sheer entertainment, their presentations on home video or TV have always been lacking... but that is about to change.

See the Little Rascals like never before! Remastered in HD, uncut and fully restored.

58B4EC4A-93AB-4DE0-915A-193DFF1C5709.gif.3690c13dcc5df4ac436b0433294bfe5b.gif

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

UHD 4K LOTR and Hobbit Announced! A Special Message from Sean Astin October 7th, 2020 by Calisuri

But wait…There is more! Directly from our friends at Warner Bros.:

Warner Bros. is also announcing that in the summer of 2021 it will be releasing a 4K ULTIMATE COLLECTORS’ EDITION with theatrical and extended versions of ALL SIX of the remastered films and new bonus content.  Additionally, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first The Lord of the Rings film, a newly remastered Blu-ray trilogy of The Lord of the Rings films will be available in the Fall of 2021, also including the theatrical and extended versions.  

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

UHD 4K LOTR and Hobbit Announced! A Special Message from Sean Astin October 7th, 2020 by Calisuri

But wait…There is more! Directly from our friends at Warner Bros.:

Warner Bros. is also announcing that in the summer of 2021 it will be releasing a 4K ULTIMATE COLLECTORS’ EDITION with theatrical and extended versions of ALL SIX of the remastered films and new bonus content.  Additionally, to celebrate the 20th anniversary of the first The Lord of the Rings film, a newly remastered Blu-ray trilogy of The Lord of the Rings films will be available in the Fall of 2021, also including the theatrical and extended versions.  

mike go shove that in hdzeta gold thread m8 👍

basil :D

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Veum said:

@Basil are you calmly trying to say no one reads Veum’s Movie News 😂 

no not at all but the 4k ultimate editions of all 6 will def be hdzeta gold release, which will mean we now have a time frame of summer 2021 for the gold release and that help narrow things down for people.

which will be buy silver around dec 2020 or buy gold late summer early winter 2021 and that is NEWS :D

we have a rough time frame now

Old Spice Yes GIF

basil 👍

• Like 1

Spoiler
7 minutes ago, Basil said:

no not at all but the 4k ultimate editions of all 6 will def be hdzeta gold release, which will mean we now have a time frame of summer 2021 for the gold release and that help narrow things down for people.

which will be buy silver around dec 2020 or buy gold late summer early winter 2021 and that is NEWS :D

we have a rough time frame now

Old Spice Yes GIF

basil 👍

@Basil will it be for you...

shake it gold GIF  OR tin foil silver GIF by fashgif

Spoiler
3 minutes ago, Basil said:

no will have to be

200.gif&key=9703db675df751e0de1197960c07

that silver i believe will be pop art steelbooks if same as BB america, i dont do pop art steels i hate them. like artist that just can't be bothered lazy art.

especially when have great movie art to normally choose from.

lets hope zeta rocks it on wea

basil 👍

Looks like it will be a waiting game for me, cause of Best Buy sell outs 😔 

37 minutes ago, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Looks like it will be a waiting game for me, cause of Best Buy sell outs 😔 

they have not sold out, looking on other sites. if you go thru normal computer link says sold out click on it opens up and IS available to order.

people on phones cant order.

if still having issues dump you pc cache and should come back in 👍

• Thanks 1