IGNORED

X-Men :The New Mutants (2018)

nefilim

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
9 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

I just read that the release was moved to February 22nd 2019 1f631.png Looks like the studuo was not happy with this at all, otherwise I would not understand a 10 month move.

I noticed :(

I really hope they stick to their plan for making this going for the horror! The trailer gave me a Nightmare at Elm Street feeling.... and I frigin' love NOES :)

• 1 month later...

Anya Taylor-Joy confirms reshoots for New Mutants will add a new character.

" I do think that there is a great responsibility to make sure the movie is done right and that we deliver the fans something that they can all feel happy about and excited about. So, I don’t think it being delayed is a bad thing because it’s definitely more important to make sure that we get it right than rushing to make a date. So, hopefully, all of these reshoots and adding of the new character that will give the fans an altogether satisfactory, wonderful product. "

AnotherPimmmc.thumb.jpg.796164b14091757fc9238326efbe01b8.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You know- I really applaud FOX for doing something different with the Super Hero brand that they have... and while a majority of their X-Men films have been generic and... well, bad...

I do appreciate the genre shift that they seem to be tackling when it comes to the X-Men franchise. 

Legion was an engaging psychological thrill ride crafted by a team with an uncanny (pun not intended) and unique vision.

Logan was a fantastic character study of a film that deconstructed the barriers normally created by the genre itself. 

Even Marvel Proper with Netflix crafted Jessica Jones- a unique take on recovery and trauma told through the lens of a super hero guise....

I think that approaching these comic book franchises with some different visions would be key to the longevity of medium... I can only take so much of Action/ Comedy films before I detest the sheer notion of quips in any film (I'm at that point already). And with so much of the comic book adaptation name being tarnished by aggressive mediocrity like The Gifted, Inhumans, and The Defenders- I truly hope that The New Mutants will allow for a broader approach for comic books to make their way in to different forms of film and TV. Perhaps getting some lower budget DC Vertigo adaptations with concise and unique upcoming filmmakers attached to them? Maybe we can get a Marvel MAX line to be helmed by the team that brought us The Raid films?

My only concern is that New Mutants just looks kind of... bad...? Like- I'd hate for the entire idea of comic book genre films being swept away for more things in the vain of Doctor Strange because The New Mutants film ended up being on par (in terms of quality) of a February release horror film.

I want to appreciate the idea of The New Mutants being successful but it's hard when all I do is shovel the trailer in with other films like Winchester.

Awards

2 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

Pushed even further back. New release now August 2nd 2019 (so 1 1/2 years after the original release date). Has extensive reshots.

Isn’t this the same one where there were rumors it looked like total crap? Or the trailer dropped and people were sorely disappointed? Can’t remember. Regardless, I expected a push back on this one.

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, atomicblonde said:

Isn’t this the same one where there were rumors it looked like total crap? Or the trailer dropped and people were sorely disappointed? Can’t remember. Regardless, I expected a push back on this one.

Yeah this is the one. I read test screenings did not went well at all. What is surpringing is the 2nd push back, but that might be connected with the one for X-Men Dark Phoenix.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nefilim said:

Interesting read : HERE

@FN-2187 @extantsrevenge

Very interesting- and I'm glad to see my favorite (sarcasm intended) Hollywood term being used... "Fixable-Mess". 

It's always interesting to see what happens to films that are given extensive reshoots. In some cases- like Rogue One- the reshoots can be apparent, distracting, but arbitrary; and in other cases it can end up like Fant4stic and Justice League where it feels like the film was frankenstein-ed together. 

• Like 1

Awards

• 1 year later...

So strange, I remember first hearing about this movie back in 2017 and being excited about it and actually kind of forgot about it. Just remembered it today and decided to do some searching because I seriously thought I had maybe missed it's run in theaters somehow...But on the contrary it seems it's just been delayed multiple times...Which could either be a very bad or a very good thing. Official release date now seems to be set for April 3rd, 2020 which is a very odd time for a horror/thriller movie.

If they have made significant changes though, I do hope they release a new trailer since the first one was released back in Oct 2017. 

• Like 1

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★

it would not surprise me when this movie will never make it to the cinema. Somehow I have the feeling Disney is not that interested in it and after the nor good performance of Dark Phoenix they might even use this Movie as a big draw for the Disney Steaming Service instead of a theatrical release.

3 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

it would not surprise me when this movie will never make it to the cinema. Somehow I have the feeling Disney is not that interested in it and after the nor good performance of Dark Phoenix they might even use this Movie as a big draw for the Disney Steaming Service instead of a theatrical release.

I'm totally wanting to see this. I'd own the steelbook for it on the premise and name alone. It would be a blind buy, but I've liked all the X-Men since they were re-cast with McAvoy and Fassbender. I can't see how a mutant horror would disappoint, as I loved Brightburn. 

• Like 1