IGNORED

Manta Lab Inglourious Basterds (Manta Lab Exclusive #23) (WEA Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

Benoit46

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 10 months later...
19 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

So how does this work? Inglourious Basterds 10th Anniversary Limited Edition Gift Set

$10 on amazon right now. It has all the Manta Lab extras in it.

Are the extras not exclusive to ML? I don't get it. 

IB.jpg

I have the manta OC set...

But all the editions are sealed...

I had to go watch the unboxing videos on YouTube to answer your question @SilentasKnight....

The booklets are different- the Manta Lab one is a better quality card, with better higher print quality etc

The 10th anniversary booklet is flimsy paper etc...

From what I can see the all the collectors cards are the same.... But whether these are as higher standard as manta labs i can't say....

Hope that helps

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SilentasKnight said:

It kind of feels. I don't know. People are paying $150 for these editions right now and you can get all the extras for $10. I know you get the slip and the steel, but it just feels wrong lol.

all what rileylad said plus does not have a WEA steelbook in it.

regards quality can't comment as haven't opened my all up yet.

have to be honest did not know that edition existed its one of two things in my eyes.

1. price point is a mistake on amazons part as normally just a BR cost $10 or is it black friday over there?

2. there having a clear out in prep for 4K releases coming next year.

also what you have to remember at the time a limited edition is at the point you buy it, there is nothing to stop the studio repackaging an idea and changing the contents of some of those bits and then is a new limited edition. 

not that i agree with that.

also just so you know for example a studio may offer a steel as exclusive for a period of time to sell the batch of units.

if not sold in the period of time the studios do then offer to other sellers, have seen this with zavvi then offered to amazon and hmv after the period of exclusivity ended.

so please be aware of that not that happens often but it does.

and don't get me started on second print runs that have happened in past again not often.

basil 👍

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Watch the unboxing videos on YouTube to see the difference mate

The manta booklet is very thick and well made.

Booklet in 10th anniversary is thin and flimsy. I dont think it has the same, or has as much content.

Manta lab is the way to go but I wouldn't like to pay the asking price now.

The 4k WWA artwork steelbooks for Inglorious Basterds are going to be released soon.

I hope they aren't the same artwork as Manta labs WEA steelbook...

Point is Hdzeta are supposed to be releasing a silver label release for Inglourious Basterds....

Could save your money for that....

Maybe other premium companies will release it too.... filmarena, weet etc

Just a thought @SilentasKnight....

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Manta lab is the way to go but I wouldn't like to pay the asking price now.

The 4k WWA artwork steelbooks for Inglorious Basterds are going to be released soon.

I hope they aren't the same artwork as Manta labs WEA steelbook...

Point is Hdzeta are supposed to be releasing a silver label release for Inglourious Basterds....

Could save your money for that....

Maybe other premium companies will release it too.... filmarena, weet etc

Exctly my thinking... I'm just waiting for the 4K releases and all retailers to profit on it...

I'm sure we will get something nice... ;)

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Exctly my thinking... I'm just waiting for the 4K releases and all retailers to profit on it...

I'm sure we will get something nice... ;)

Sure will....

Despite having the manta OC already, I will deffo be picking up Hdzeta 4K silver label....

Maybe filmarena and others if they put some  effort in and not just all produce the same looking slips...

One thing to remember is some Manta lab editions will turn up on ebay for sale...

People wanting to upgrade to 4k and thinning out their collection....

May push the price down a bit too once other premium options are available...

This happens when collection premiums....

2nd hand prices do change

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Sure will....

Despite having the manta OC already, I will deffo be picking up Hdzeta 4K silver label....

Maybe filmarena and others if they put some  effort in and not just all produce the same looking slips...

One thing to remember is some Manta lab editions will turn up on ebay for sale...

People wanting to upgrade to 4k and thinning out their collection....

May push the price down a bit too once other premium options are available...

This happens when collection premiums....

2nd hand prices do change

i'd love hdzeta just do GOLD 4k WEA that be interesting and turn things on there head :D

and is one of the best tarantino films ever, you think sell out? xD 

basil B| 

• Like 2

You’re correct @Basillad. It is prime day here so it’s 50% off. Still at $20 seems like a steal. If HDZeta makes a gold label I’d be ecstatic. OC for sure. 

I agree with you @RileyLad mate. The smart thing to do would be to wait and get whatever Hdz puts out or maybe someone else. I need that Aldos snuff box though 😉

My self control seems to be lacking as of late. I am on a mission try get premium Tarantino editions. Maybe I can find a psycho who will sell me theirs at a reasonable price. That would be some luck huh? 

• Like 1

• 6 months later...