IGNORED

Film Arena Media Psychos Filmarena Award

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

27 minutes ago, Gladiator_MV said:

@extantsrevenge  Hi, Nils... 🐿️ I would be ready for that...🙌 Filmarena Collector Award 🏆

...Here are 10 of my favorite pieces from my Filmarena Collection... All are the last Copies!

• FAC #65-67: Jurassic Park I - III ``800 of 800´´
  • FAC #24: Jurassic World ``2000 of 2000´´
  • FAC #106: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Hardbox with E1 + E2) ``750 of 750´´ + Bonus Lenti
  • FAC #10: 2 x Commando ``1500 of 1500´´ & unumbered + Bonus Collector's Card
  • FAC #82: The Punisher ``1000 of 1000´´
  • FAC #098: Gladiator ``600 of 600´´

DSC09125.JPG

DSC09132.JPG

DSC09137.JPG

DSC09145.JPG

DSC09153.JPG

DSC09159.JPG

This, to me, is more impressive than having the same number for all your stuff. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Gladiator_MV said:
  • FAC #65-67: Jurassic Park I - III ``800 of 800´´
  • FAC #24: Jurassic World ``2000 of 2000´´
  • FAC #106: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom (Hardbox with E1 + E2) ``750 of 750´´ +  Lenti
  • FAC #10: 2 x Commando ``1500 of 1500´´ & unumbered + Bonus Collector's Card
  • FAC #82: The Punisher ``1000 of 1000´´
  • FAC #098: Gladiator ``600 of 600´´

Wow very impressive numbers 😍😍😍😍

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

typography omg GIF by Omer

@Gladiator_MV

x-men wow GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

That is truely amazing, stunning.

The Collector Award is yours

filmarena collector.gif

Thanks for showing us such amazing pictures.

This is your fist Collector Award 😃

Also did you open most of these 😳, that must have taken a lot of courage.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

vor 4 Stunden schrieb extantsrevenge:

typography omg GIF by Omer

@Gladiator_MV

x-men wow GIF by 20th Century Fox Home Entertainment

That is truely amazing, stunning.

Thanks for showing us such amazing pictures.

This is your fist Collector Award 😃

Also did you open most of these 😳, that must have taken a lot of courage.

...Many thanks! Nils... 🤝

🤔☺️...No! Why?! They are my things...😄

...And I also like to look at beautiful things...😉 ...All are in top condition! 👍 I am a collector...😏 There are gloves and protective covers...😉👌👍

...But I also have a few items in their original packaging...😏

...At some point there will be small moisture spots under foil in originally packaged items... unfortunately... That doesn't look so great either...🙄😕

200.gif

Edited by Gladiator_MV
  • Like 4

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, CAYENNE-FAHRER said:

@extantsrevenge/Nils

when is the next level?

I would like to have 10 more members that submit for the Treasure Hunter, then we would be at 50

tenor.gif?itemid=8763953

Treasure Hunter.

I think that would be a good amount to introduce the next level.

We need 9 more on Blufans, 12 for HDZeta.

Excited Lets Go GIF by Mind Pump Media

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

@CAYENNE-FAHRER That is really really impressive! I wish I had gotten into this hobby much earlier. 

@extantsrevenge I am curious as to when these Premium Steelbook companies started. I see that MP has a date of 2017 on the bottom of the home page. Have you guys been collecting since before then?

When did FAC, Hdzeta and Blufans release their #1 editions?  

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

vor 1 Stunde schrieb SilentasKnight:

@CAYENNE-FAHRER That is really really impressive! I wish I had gotten into this hobby much earlier. 

@extantsrevenge I am curious as to when these Premium Steelbook companies started. I see that MP has a date of 2017 on the bottom of the home page. Have you guys been collecting since before then?

i started collecting in 2009

• Like 5

• ★ Administrators ★
15 hours ago, SilentasKnight said:

MP was actually created back in 2013 but this Version of MP started in 2017.

Blufans had the first release in 2012, HDZeta 2013, Kimchi 2013, FA 2015. I started buying premium releases in 2013 (3rd Blufans, 1st HDZeta, 1st Kimchi). Collecting Steelbooks started for me in 10 I think, but I collect Movies/Animes much longer, but before STeelbooks and premiums came around I was fine with 1 edition for a movie 😅

• Like 12

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, extantsrevenge said:

Blufans had the first release in 2012, HDZeta 2013, Kimchi 2013, FA 2015. I started buying premium releases in 2013 (3rd Blufans, 1st HDZeta, 1st Kimchi). Collecting Steelbooks started for me in 10 I think, but I collect Movies/Animes much longer, but before STeelbooks and premiums came around I was fine with 1 edition for a movie 😅

It is an interesting topic.

I would say that steelbooks really took off with the introduction of Future Shop Iron Man. (2008)

As ugly as it was, it took everyones imagination. Obvioulsy that train then kept rolling with every Marvel release.

The evolution of steelbooks into Premiums is a long one. Through bare steelbooks to the sometimes beautiful Asian slips. To the first Lenticular slips etc. HMV HK Lenti of Transformers 3 was something that everyone had to have. Looks absolutely dated now, but really started something that we are relishing now.

In some of those early years Nils mentioned, they weren't really what you would call premium releases. Just a bit of something extra stuffed in the steelbook etc.

Where we are now, is light years ahead of things like Kimchi T2 or Blufans Real Steel. And it is still an evolving market. The stuff coming out of these newer Asian retailers, like UHD and MAG for example,  is just superb. It doesn't matter that Studios are blindly running to streaming, these Premium releases are proof that physical media is very much alive and kicking.

Has it really been eight years for MP? Doesn't time fly when you are enjoying yourself.  :D

• Like 14

8 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

So was MP operating on a different GB website before 2017? 

That is interesting that FAC started 2-3 years after those other companies. It seems to me that FAC has way more releases now. They must of been churning through them at a much faster pace than everyone else. 

I feel like I have missed so much, but when I put it in perspective. In 2009 I watched Ironman and The Incredible Hulk in theaters. So premium Steelbooks are not even as old as the MCU, which the beginning of seems relatively new and fresh to me. Still it must be neat for you guys to be around since the start of something. I wish I was simply to spread the outflow of cash over a longer period of time. I don't think I will ever have a BVS boxset at this rate.

I recently acquired an Hdz San Andreas. When I received it I was puzzled as to why it didn't follow the normal Hdz format. Slip with a Steelbook and a folder inside. This just had a Steelbook inside a slip like Wet's WWA editions are. Then I looked it up on here and saw it was Silver #9. So this must of been when they were still establishing their brand and making a consistent product. It seems like everything pre 2015 just doesn't have the same quality as today.  

• Like 3