IGNORED

Film Arena Media Psychos Filmarena Award

• ★ Administrators ★
16 hours ago, SilentasKnight said:

So was MP operating on a different GB website before 2017? 

That is interesting that FAC started 2-3 years after those other companies. It seems to me that FAC has way more releases now. They must of been churning through them at a much faster pace than everyone else. 

I feel like I have missed so much, but when I put it in perspective. In 2009 I watched Ironman and The Incredible Hulk in theaters. So premium Steelbooks are not even as old as the MCU, which the beginning of seems relatively new and fresh to me. Still it must be neat for you guys to be around since the start of something. I wish I was simply to spread the outflow of cash over a longer period of time. I don't think I will ever have a BVS boxset at this rate.

I recently acquired an Hdz San Andreas. When I received it I was puzzled as to why it didn't follow the normal Hdz format. Slip with a Steelbook and a folder inside. This just had a Steelbook inside a slip like Wet's WWA editions are. Then I looked it up on here and saw it was Silver #9. So this must of been when they were still establishing their brand and making a consistent product. It seems like everything pre 2015 just doesn't have the same quality as today.  

MP Version 1 ran on different software for those first few years. It was a bit clunky, but was a great starting point. 

I can remember being "on duty" when there were just a handful of members and watching the member total tick up. 5..6..7.. etc. 

This new software was introduced in a total revamp of MP in 2017. Existing members had to rejoin. This way we got rid of quite a few non existent members. 

It's not perfect, but it's a vast improvement on V1. 

On that subject, some of you will have noticed that the team have been tidying up the site a bit. So a big thank you to all of the Guardians and Mods who have been working on this. 

Also the ever present Nils. Who seems to do everything on MP. :D

On your point about HDz San Andreas etc....

HDz changed their design, and size, of slips at around the release of The Accountant. Before that they were basic and also featured Chinese characters on the spine etc. 

With the increase in size came the better goodies. So they became more like the Premiums we know now. 

I personally didn't like the early HDz releases. So I have sold all my pre Accountant Silver editions. I sold my Lawrence and Dragon sets too.(FS and 1/4) 

By default I have a box set of Gladiator and SPR. (the re-release of them in 4K, which I strongly disagreed with) I have the 4K Interstellar "addition". 

I regret not getting the original Interstellar Box set. But it was before our agreeement with HDz to get the lowest # for our GBs. (T1 onwards)

So it would have been a random # mixed in with all those #3s. That would upset my OCD. :D

Anyway we are digressing from what is supposed to be a FAC Awards Topic.

We have been through the evolution of Premiums, to the evolution of MP and the evolution of HDz Premiums.  Not bad for a FAC topic. :D

• Like 8

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
4 hours ago, bilbon said:

I also take advantage of my reception of Kong Skull Island to participate in this prize that I have not yet had for all this time

as a bonus they are not FAC cats        😆😉

20210515_112235.jpg

20210515_103749.jpg

🥤Very nice collection @bilbon however I’m allergic to cat hair 🤧 

BTW, where’s my Kong Skull Island 😑 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Guiltybyproxy said:

I am, actually. I need my friends. It's been rough. Lost my dad last August, and my fur baby of 15 years on May 8th. This is the place I need to be to cheer me up. Y'all are the best 

Sorry about your loss buddy. I have had two Uncles and a cousin go in the last 6 months. It has been a rough year for a lot of us. 

Luckily MP is filled with great people doing great things. Cheering us up is just one of them. 😁

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

2 hours ago, Guiltybyproxy said:

I am, actually. I need my friends. It's been rough. Lost my dad last August, and my fur baby of 15 years on May 8th. This is the place I need to be to cheer me up. Y'all are the best 

@Guiltybyproxy sorry to hear of your dad, I know exactly how you feel as I lost both of my parents when I was real young & we lost our only baby many tears ago 😢 

I can also relate w/your loosing your pet as we also lost our beloved basset & shar-pei many years ago and they were our family and I still miss them so much 😔 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, SilentasKnight said:

Sorry about your loss buddy. I have had two Uncles and a cousin go in the last 6 months. It has been a rough year for a lot of us. 

Luckily MP is filled with great people doing great things. Cheering us up is just one of them. 😁

Thank you for your words. I appreciate them greatly 

• Like 2