IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

• Replies 16.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^^ Well, that ed of "The Game" doesn't look too shabby.

True, it's a long way off from a Premium but it does appear to have some cute associated 'naff.

I lucked in to picking up the Arrow Academy 'book' styled spec ed release and of course, the biggest issue is, it's too damn big, heh.

Not exactly shelf friendly, that's a given.

I did a cruise about to see if anyone still has it on offer but no, all retailers I'm familiar with have sold out.

Personally, I think I'd pass were I given the option to purchase it again but... it does have one helluva nice book to accompany it at least.

Retail Image (Amz.uk):

The Game

My copy (shows size compared to other boxed eds and amarays:

image.thumb.jpeg.af9dd33d37577174e60bfa683afc01ca.jpeg

• Like 23

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, ncraft said:

They did the same type of embossing for Prometheus as well. Pretty cool effect!

They did it for Covenant, Prometheus and Alien so far. They did promise that all the Alien series would feature a "3D" slip.

BUT, as we haven't seen or heard anything about the series since Alien, I'm beginning to doubt that it will happen. 

Has there been a 4K release of Aliens? Maybe that will kick start them again? Although they haven't made much effort to release WEA of anything for quite a while.

Time will tell.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, DodgyDave said:

Has there been a 4K release of Aliens? Maybe that will kick start them again? Although they haven't made much effort to release WEA of anything for quite a while.

Time will tell.

This was announced back in February of this year:

Now that Disney+ has launched ‘Star’ – their adult section on the streaming network, a few films are conspicuous in their absence. Three of them, we have been exclusively told, are currently undergoing a 4K remaster ahead of their debut on the service alongside a 4K Blu-ray release of each of the films.

Aliens, Alien 3 and Alien: Resurrection are the only films in the Alien series not to have 4K editions available but this is set to change with the plan being to release them on Disney+/Star initially with a subsequent 4K Alien Collection heading to 4K Blu-ray some time in 2022.

We are trying to clarify what we can expect in terms of the versions of the films included in the set – both Aliens and Alien 3 have highly regarded director’s cuts on other formats, so we hope they’ll make it to 4K in some way too. We also expect the 4K Blu-ray releases to include new features and footage that has previously not been made available. We’re trying to confirm more on this right now.

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/home_releases_news/aliens-exclusive/

Hopefully, this is true and they're not pissing about.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 6

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

This was announced back in February of this year:

https://www.thedigitalfix.com/film/home_releases_news/aliens-exclusive/

Hopefully, this is true and they're not pissing about.

That's good news as long as it isn't streaming only!

I didn't realise that the other two had not had a 4K release. Probably because, after Aliens, they were crap until Prometheus came along and I wasn't interested in them.

(Other opinions are available :D)

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, DodgyDave said:

That's good news as long as it isn't streaming only!

I didn't realise that the other two had not had a 4K release. Probably because, after Aliens, they were crap until Prometheus came along and I wasn't interested in them.

(Other opinions are available :D)

I quite like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant (and already have the FAC release for both along with the first Alien).

I'm a little disappointed we didn't see anything for Aliens since this year marks the 35th anniversary of the movie.

• Like 7

• ★ Administrators ★
6 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I quite like Prometheus and Alien: Covenant (and already have the FAC release for both along with the first Alien).

I'm a little disappointed we didn't see anything for Aliens since this year marks the 35th anniversary of the movie.

35 years? 

Feck, tempus fugit. 

• Haha 9

9 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

@ncraftGorgeous! I'm painfully regretting not picking up the Alien Maniacs box before COVID hit when it was still hovering around ~$400 if I remember correctly. Maybe I'll treat myself for christmas or something if one pops up :D 

I've seen this particular edition for as low as $99 USD on ebay, sealed. Generally, seems to hover around $125.00. I've yet to see the Maniacs box pop up, but I would think it would be pretty expensive right now!

• Like 4