IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

A combination of OCD, steelbook addiction, and DOMINION hype led me to upgrade my copy of FALLEN KINGDOM to a steelbook that matches the 25th Anniversary steelbook set and the forthcoming Italian steel edition of DOMINION. I haven’t seen the latter, but will be blind-buying it to complete the set and because my kids are huge Dino-nerds. 

5B23AC6B-483F-4C9E-BBF1-5595B4466B0F.thumb.jpeg.dc1915f85352da0a569386793624aada.jpeg

7D8622EE-5D7D-4F9F-BB6C-04D73C6EBA61.thumb.jpeg.2e5c689c9adce2a179db8e72195c6d6e.jpeg

3EC47D2E-BFF1-451F-AFE8-C9EAD834E412.thumb.jpeg.82b0d39165d86472469e78a31c7446b8.jpeg

• Like 30

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
9 hours ago, MoneySniper said:

When I had initially got my HDz DL back in December 2020 I thought both the DL & SL were the best version you can get. Few months went by and for whatever reason I wanted the FAC release as well, and now I finally have it. 

If I could one have one I’d probably have to be pick the HDz SL. I think it looks absolutely beautiful. Just a shame it’s hard to come across. I’ve never seen it on eBay or anywhere else.

Yes both editions were reduced because of damage to a batch of the steelbooks. That's why they released the "empty" slips.

I think in the end HDz only released 300 of each edition complete with steelbooks etc. That's why they are difficult to find. The 4K SL was/is the most popular, making it even more difficult to find now. 

Some lucky members on here have both editions, plus Blade Runner 4K, and the MP/KS BR2049 Badge, all with the same #.  ;)

• Like 4

Il y a 14 heures, hal56 a dit :

New Mediabooks arrived today.

Since I couldnt get them directly, a big thank you goes out to Holger @Cornbuster for ordering and sending them to me.

Martyrs, padded MB, bluray, Cover B, limited 500 Edition:

image.thumb.jpeg.ceb036bf12afbdc4aa50db8d58d18e7e.jpeg

Really good choice ... Martyrs is a really good french horror movie ...

do not know what you get as bonus ... but on the french bluray, there is a great making of from the director Pascal Laugier 

When I saw your edition .. I checked on Amazon DE ... there is 3 different mediabook but the price is way too high. your edition is 79€ + shipping.

If you like horror movie from the same director ... you should check the good steelbook german  ... with nice finish and once again there is a long making of very interesting.

I really like this director ... there is the french singer "Mylene Farmer" in "Ghostland" ! You may also find a mediabook for "Ghostland" in germany. 

91Mdqds7LeL._SX342_.jpg A17zZEK6veL._SX342_.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Awards

My birthday today 34 getting old and this came through the post this morning so a good start to the day :)

As always thanks to all the members here involved for giving me the chance to own :).

Never forgetting @blu.steel33 as always great service getting it to me and I'm loving the new membership card which came with it and the wooden one :).

20220629_103722.jpg

• Like 34

vor einer Stunde schrieb vinny91:

Really good choice ... Martyrs is a really good french horror movie ...

do not know what you get as bonus ... but on the french bluray, there is a great making of from the director Pascal Laugier 

When I saw your edition .. I checked on Amazon DE ... there is 3 different mediabook but the price is way too high. your edition is 79€ + shipping.

If you like horror movie from the same director ... you should check the good steelbook german  ... with nice finish and once again there is a long making of very interesting.

I really like this director ... there is the french singer "Mylene Farmer" in "Ghostland" ! You may also find a mediabook for "Ghostland" in germany. 

91Mdqds7LeL._SX342_.jpg A17zZEK6veL._SX342_.jpg

Martyrs is one of my French Top 4 contemporary Horror movies with Inside, Frontiers and High Tension being the other 3.

I actually own this steelbook of Ghostland. Like you said: very nice finsh with debossing. Passed on the MB for that steelbook.

I am not sure if the making of is also on the new Martyrs Media Book edition - as its not mentioned on the cover. However, I own the NSM Records bluray too which includes the excellent 80 min making of. That alone was worth the price for the blu.

Obviously, I am also a big fan of Bustillo/Maury. Hope, that especially Livide will also get a nice release in the future.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

il y a une heure, hal56 a dit :

Martyrs is one of my French Top 4 contemporary Horror movies with Inside, Frontiers and High Tension being the other 3.

I actually own this steelbook of Ghostland. Like you said: very nice finsh with debossing. Passed on the MB for that steelbook.

I am not sure if the making of is also on the new Martyrs Media Book edition - as its not mentioned on the cover. However, I own the NSM Records bluray too which includes the excellent 80 min making of. That alone was worth the price for the blu.

Obviously, I am also a big fan of Bustillo/Maury. Hope, that especially Livide will also get a nice release in the future.

It seems we got common taste for french horror movies :)  Maybe you already know, but I just checked & saw on google, there is plenty of mediabook in Austria for horror movies.

I forgot to talk about "High Tension" which is excellent , I saw it in theater at the time, never saw at the movie such tension. And so, you can find some mediabook in Austria.

I'm absolutly 100% agree with you, the making of from Pascal Laugier movies are as excellent & important as the movie itself.

I never saw movies from Bustillo / Maury ... but I'll check & try to watch their movies ;) 

It's sad because we do not have many horror / survival movies in France ... there are mostly comedy or drama in theater. 

Another must have in a collection ... never find a nice steelbook or digibook for a decent price .... movie called "Eden Lake", for me it's the best UK survival / horror movie.

Of course ... we can't miss "The Descent" from Neil Marshall. Next movies from this director are not very good. But "The Descent" is a big slap 

I have this steelbook , but you may find mediabooks in Germany / Austria

The Descent - Steelbook Édition Limitée Blu-ray | Zavvi France The Descent 1 "Limited 111 Mediabook Edition" Cover A OOP: Amazon.de: DVD &  Blu-ray   The Descent - Abgrund des Grauens Uncut Mediabook (Blu ry   DVD) Cover B  Limitiert auf 333 Exemplare: Amazon.de: DVD & Blu-ray

If you did not see it ... check the movie "Revenge", pretty good survival / horror , there is 2 different steelbook ... first one is glossy & embossed title, it's a spanish edition.

Revenge-steelbook-ES-1-1.jpg   Revenge-steelbook-ES-2.jpg

and the second one, is a german edition, still available , full glossy ... but if you get it in Italia, you'll get the bluray + the soundtrack on CD. 

Did not like quiet enough this movie to buy steelbook. 

Revenge-steelbook-1.jpg

Edited by vinny91
  • Like 25

Awards

vor 2 Stunden schrieb vinny91:

It seems we got common taste for french horror movies :)  Maybe you already know, but I just checked & saw on google, there is plenty of mediabook in Austria for horror movies.

I forgot to talk about "High Tension" which is excellent , I saw it in theater at the time, never saw at the movie such tension. And so, you can find some mediabook in Austria.

I'm absolutly 100% agree with you, the making of from Pascal Laugier movies are as excellent & important as the movie itself.

I never saw movies from Bustillo / Maury ... but I'll check & try to watch their movies ;) 

It's sad because we do not have many horror / survival movies in France ... there are mostly comedy or drama in theater. 

Another must have in a collection ... never find a nice steelbook or digibook for a decent price .... movie called "Eden Lake", for me it's the best UK survival / horror movie.

Of course ... we can't miss "The Descent" from Neil Marshall. Next movies from this director are not very good. But "The Descent" is a big slap 

The Descent - Steelbook Édition Limitée Blu-ray | Zavvi France The Descent 1 "Limited 111 Mediabook Edition" Cover A OOP: Amazon.de: DVD &  Blu-ray   The Descent - Abgrund des Grauens Uncut Mediabook (Blu ry   DVD) Cover B  Limitiert auf 333 Exemplare: Amazon.de: DVD & Blu-ray

If you did not see it ... check the movie "Revenge", pretty good survival / horror , there is 2 different steelbook ... first one is glossy & embossed title, it's a spanish edition.

and the second one, is a german edition, still available , full glossy ... but if you get it in Italia, you'll get the bluray + the soundtrack on CD. 

Revenge-steelbook-1.jpg

The Spanish Revenge one is f*n amazing... where did you got it from? Was it Amazon.es?

Edited by javi
  • Like 4

il y a 20 minutes, Mutantsmiley a dit :

Have you guys been in my movie room again??

Hi @Mutantsmiley :) 

Very nice collecction edtions 👍 I wish I could have some mediabook, but now there are very expensive, 

Really wish to get a nice edition for "Martyrs" and "Eden Lake" for decent price.

Like everyone, I have limited budget, can't afford to spent 70€ in a Mediabook ... and when it's time for preorder it's sold out very fast due to the limit print run. 

Do not know if you agree ... but sometimes there is some text in german on front & back cover, and IMO , really don't like it. I would prefer english text or no text on visuals.

But it's obvious the text is in a german for a mediabook.

By the way, could you tell please how you get your golden piece and different card MP ? Do we have to pay to get them in the store ? 

Thank you ;) 

• Like 3

Awards

Been a while since a reception  post..

Thanks team MP for getting these on to me and @blu.steel33 for his always amazing packing skills. 

No way home weet OC, and a few best buys I needed for the collection courtesy of @Masterblaster. I loved Chernobyl and can't wait to check it out again. My card swag since I joined is looking good my MP card wallet is full now.

Snapchat-1832938740.jpg

• Like 32
  • Thanks 1

vor 31 Minuten schrieb vinny91:

@Mutantsmiley 👍

Like everyone, I have limited budget, can't afford to spent 70€ in a Mediabook ... and when it's time for preorder it's sold out very fast due to the limit print run.

In Germany we spend 70 € or more just for a Steel book from Canada, UK (incl.taxes), US or Asia. ;)

Some of them sell out very quickly, but to be honest, most of them you can find at collectors groups on Facebook for a very cheap price... maybe 5 percent of all Mediabooks are getting more and more expensive. But the other 95% staying at a normal price. Just don't pay these ridiculous eBay prices. ;)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

il y a 3 minutes, javi a dit :

In Germany we spend 70 € or more just for a Steel book from Canada, UK (incl.taxes), US or Asia. ;)

Some of them sell out very quickly, but to be honest, most of them you can find at collectors groups on Facebook for a very cheap price... maybe 5 percent of all Mediabooks are getting more and more expensive. But the other 95% staying at a normal price. Just don't pay these ridiculous eBay prices. ;)

I checked on different website for "Maryrs" Cover B Mediabook, it's 75€ or 79€ + shipping. and same price for "Eden Lake" Mediabook. 

Also those site don't use paypal. No way I'll bought it. 

Those editions are a bit old, so I think it's more difficult to find. Actually I'm old school, just buying from GB MediaPsycho, or Amazon or Fnac in France. Don't buy anymore on Ebay, prices are so ridiculous, as you said ;) 

Never bought on facebook groups .... either I don't know the group or I miss the edition ... I'm not so old but not very good for buisness 😃 

• Like 3

Awards

1 hour ago, vinny91 said:

Hi @Mutantsmiley :) 

Very nice collecction edtions 👍 I wish I could have some mediabook, but now there are very expensive, 

Really wish to get a nice edition for "Martyrs" and "Eden Lake" for decent price.

Do not know if you agree ... but sometimes there is some text in german on front & back cover, and IMO , really don't like it. I would prefer english text or no text on visuals.

But it's obvious the text is in a german for a mediabook.

By the way, could you tell please how you get your golden piece and different card MP ? Do we have to pay to get them in the store ? 

Thank you ;) 

@vinny91 A gold coin is made every membership cycle. It is usually offered to everyone that wants one. If not than sometimes John might have extra ones that you can request to purchase.  The same with the membership card. If there are extras John may be able to sell you one.  Best to request that info direct from him. But be very patient,  with everything he has to do,  give him time to get to extra cards and coins. 

And the media books, I guess I'd rather just have the English on the covers,  but it's normally a German product so that can't be expected. And the foreign titles are never enough of a deterrent to stop me from getting it.  But super high prices would be....

The only issue i have at this point is finding something you would like to buy on Amazon,  etc and it not being shipped to"My" location.  That's a real drag!

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, vinny91 said:

Revenge-steelbook-1.jpg

I concur with Revenge as it is a very good female assassin film 🎞 

I have  The Descent right now from our local library and intend to watch…  maybe today! :)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1