IGNORED

KINGPIN's Lair. Will be updated frequently with my pick-ups.

7 hours ago, nefilim said:

Awesome Haul !

Hope Criterion releases SotL on Region B too. Just ordered Criterion's Stalker and Midnight Cowboy.

Seen Split ? It's great !

1f44d.png

I wasn't interested in Split until I saw the trailers and kept hearing how great a movie it was.  

I also couldn't turn down the price of $50 for it. 

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO these aren't Steelbooks but I still wanted to show them.  

I was excited when I saw Ichi the Killer on preorder I had to have it.  

Also here is a DVD Boxest of 300 with artcards an embossed front and debossed album with a lenticular images in an acrylic holder. Really nicely done.  And it was on sale at Amazon for $20 CAD. 

FAC Independence Day Resurgence FAC. 

IMG_20180406_174616.thumb.jpg.b45d90a398c6a1dcca33a15cd14841cf.jpgIMG_20180406_174647.thumb.jpg.997f5cd0ec1ab015fd91de0df27dba82.jpgIMG_20180406_175349.thumb.jpg.9ed47d68fb489aa24b2a18d5bc17a1fb.jpgIMG_20180406_175610.thumb.jpg.5da132c03cda62e87a0efa458a022c7b.jpgIMG_20180406_175707.thumb.jpg.174e9c5bb5e4b86bb85fa719244c5aaf.jpgIMG_20180406_175907.thumb.jpg.cbca95b2c03d089b6a0e1aeecfa2252d.jpgIMG_20180406_175923.thumb.jpg.84f202666f36ba463bf0ed00ff4d2aeb.jpg

6 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

SO these aren't Steelbooks but I still wanted to show them.  

I was excited when I saw Ichi the Killer on preorder I had to have it.  

Also here is a DVD Boxest of 300 with artcards an embossed front and debossed album with a lenticular images in an acrylic holder. Really nicely done.  And it was on sale at Amazon for $20 CAD. 

FAC Independence Day Resurgence FAC. 

You reminded me I need to change the category header because we like more than just steelbooks here. That looks like all the 300 a man could ever need KP. ?

3 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

You reminded me I need to change the category header because we like more than just steelbooks here. That looks like all the 300 a man could ever need KP. 1f642.png

300 is one of those series I am always on the lookout for interesting things.  

Doesn't matter if it's DVD/BR/SB or whatever.  

If it's a nice set and I can afford it I buy it.  

The little lenticular card is cool.  

I can't show it but there are about 6-8 pictures from start to finish.  

I have that lovely dvd boxset of 300 as well but it was very shortly after, that they released the Blu so I never opened it.

Nice to see what's actually inside, heh.

I have it sitting in my bookcases vice film cases actually, in front of my "Greek & Roman" history books, (though I realize it is quite removed from actual portrayal of history) and it is quite a striking piece.

It was obscenely priced when it first came out ( as was the "Troy" set that sits beside it) but, whatever.

Still nice to have...?

18 minutes ago, Grendel said:

I have that lovely dvd boxset of 300 as well but it was very shortly after, that they released the Blu so I never opened it.

Nice to see what's actually inside, heh.

I have it sitting in my bookcases vice film cases actually, in front of my "Greek & Roman" history books, (though I realize it is quite removed from actual portrayal of history) and it is quite a striking piece.

It was obscenely priced when it first came out ( as was the "Troy" set that sits beside it) but, whatever.

Still nice to have...1f609.png

I was thinking of ordering a second one just to have it sealed.  But considering the price drop on it there is no need to hurry. 

As for "Ichi the Killer" another dvd I never got around to opening the dvd "bloodpack" of and just recently bought the Blu, so I guess there is no need now.

Quite  a bizarre film but I take bizarre in stride (to a point) so I'm fine with it.

Won't say I "LOVE" it but I undertsand what Miike was going for.

Imho, his "13 Assassins" is 10 times the film and I think "Blade of the Immortal" will be as well.

Ichi the killer was a film I heard about many many years ago.  

It's more of a reminder of my youth I guess.  I found it odd, bizarre as you say. 

I remember people telling me how it was banned in NA so it was something I had to find and watch. 

I found it online and thought it was a great addition to my library.

3 hours ago, Grendel said:

As for "Ichi the Killer" another dvd I never got around to opening the dvd "bloodpack" of and just recently bought the Blu, so I guess there is no need now.

Quite  a bizarre film but I take bizarre in stride (to a point) so I'm fine with it.

Won't say I "LOVE" it but I undertsand what Miike was going for.

Imho, his "13 Assassins" is 10 times the film and I think "Blade of the Immortal" will be as well.

13 Assassins is great. And just this week Blade of the Immortal steel was dispached from Zavvi, if I remeber corretly ! ?

Big thank you to @45Caliber for being the go between for me when the ebay buyer didn't want to ship to Canada.  

I appreciate your help my friend!  :) 

Got both Dredd and Deadpool FAC one clicks for a very decent price IMO.  

Sorry for the picture quality but I suck at photos especially when the items are glossy. 

IMG_20180409_172446.jpg

IMG_20180409_172418.jpg

51 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

@Kingpin Wow, I love that Red Sonja and I'm glad to see you got the Ex-Machina you were after.

I may have gotten my Karate Kid first, but I'm sure your collection is growing faster than mine. Not that I yearn to be in a race to the poor-house.

Nova and Kimchi have the same Red Sonja for sure.  

I never even bothered looking for it in North America to be honest. 

My Premiums aren't going fast but my overall library grows between 50 movies a month on the low side to over 200 a month on the high side.  

Karate Kid is the last Zavvi Sb I ordered.  I haven't bought anything from them in a while.  I cancelled all my preorders.  

I gave them enough money.  LOL  

Somewhere around 150 of my SB's came from them.  

2 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Love The Grey! And of course I see you picked up The Karate Kid and Mr. Myagi is gracing us with a collected gaze.

Not sure if you mean the movie, the One click or both.  But yeah I loved the movie.  I thought it was going to be terrible so it was a nice surprise.  

Archived