IGNORED

KINGPIN's Lair. Will be updated frequently with my pick-ups.

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Yeah Big Trouble is beautiful.  I was so envious when you and everyone else got theirs.  

Jigsaw is nice.  

I'm starting to get frustrated with Zavvi's lack if interior artwork especially for what I paid for Jigsaw.  

But the outside is finished nicely with like a spot gloss on it. 

Zavvi seem to be churning out so much older stuff at a rate of knots atm..well I guess it's just easy $$ for them :(

As soon as the comedown happens from Thor Raggy they will probably release a lenti version too..why oh why don't they just release one top class unbeatable WEA version for collectors  :(

7 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

AWESOME SET AND Pictures @Kingpin 1f917.png2764.png.

We are more than happy to help spend other people's money 1f44d.png1f61a.png1f61a.png.

Nothing at all Wrong with Revenge Of The Nerds 1 and 2 where so brilliant ??

Love the series.  Reminds me of youth.  :D

It's also why I bought the Porky's sets and the steelbook.  

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

@Kingpin

Nice to see you managed to get a copy ............ It sure is a lovely edition ...

Thank you.  I am a sucker for red and black. ;) 

Just came back from the Post Office.  

John from Manta Lab came through like he said he would with the Lenti of La La Land.  

I was shipped the Full Slip originally when I ordered the Lenti.  

Their customer service was great and a pleasure to deal with regarding the mixup.  :) 

For @Scary Hair I also added the Revenge of the Nerds box set and a couple other comedies that came today also since she seems to have a good sense of humour. :D

IMG_20180321_183553.jpg

1 hour ago, 45Caliber said:

@Kingpin The Atomic Wedgie Collection. Wasn't that the name of Cher's last boxset too? I'm glad you got your La La KP, though imo is was a happy accident to also get that beautiful FS.

I'm not touching the Cher comment.   LOL 

Yeah I would agree with you about ending up with both the FS and Lenti.  

Now it's killing me I don't have the box set. 

19 hours ago, Kingpin said:

But see if you can spot the mildly infuriating issue with the second picture.  1f621.png

Is it that they're DVD? Because I wasn't aware the Creature and Invisible Man Legacies were released on Blu-Ray yet. I guess before reading further because I like guessing games.

14 hours ago, Kingpin said:

IB from the UK showed up today also.  

Awesome pickup!

4 hours ago, 45Caliber said:

Is it that they're DVD? Because I wasn't aware the Creature and Invisible Man Legacies were released on Blu-Ray yet. I guess before reading further because I like guessing games.

Awesome pickup!

Phantom of the Opera doesn't have a slip.  :( 

I was going to buy the incomplete bluray set but I read the DVD's were actually quite good and being as this was a mostly "Need for the media library" and not a "must have" it was no big deal. 

I rarely buy DVD's.  Only if the movie is not available on BR.

8 hours ago, Kingpin said:

Phantom of the Opera doesn't have a slip.  :( 

I was going to buy the incomplete bluray set but I read the DVD's were actually quite good and being as this was a mostly "Need for the media library" and not a "must have" it was no big deal. 

I rarely buy DVD's.  Only if the movie is not available on BR.

On the plus side, they botched the audio mastering on the blu-ray of Werewolf of London, whereas is was supposedly fine on the DVD. The levels jump up and down throughout the whole movie.

10 minutes ago, 45Caliber said:

On the plus side, they botched the audio mastering on the blu-ray of Werewolf of London, whereas is was supposedly fine on the DVD. The levels jump up and down throughout the whole movie.

I can't stand bad audio...or video for that matter. 

There is a channel called "Slice" and it doesn't matter if there are movies or shows the levels are always going in and out.  

Annoying as F!

10 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

I can't stand bad audio...or video for that matter. 

There is a channel called "Slice" and it doesn't matter if there are movies or shows the levels are always going in and out.  

Annoying as F!

Sometimes they do the best they can with the source material available. I have the Criterion Island of Lost Souls and even though it's restored, it's still in really bad shape in parts. There's no excuse for messing something up that was fine before, however.

43 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

Couple Zavvi's today and MR. MIYAGI in his famous movie House of Luk in DVD.  :D

Paddington has some nice debossing on it.  Real nice. 

IMG_20180326_132611.thumb.jpg.1d9eb77c283eb4bceada3ee29225306b.jpgIMG_20180326_132817.thumb.jpg.5e7a04fbf7318015de23f573052facbd.jpgIMG_20180326_132905.thumb.jpg.4a96f3c0c9b4a8a4276fe827574b4287.jpg

Have not seen those Paddingtons. But familiar with original stuff ... are movies really that good ? I like - for excample - Wes Anderson movies ...

10 hours ago, nefilim said:

Have not seen those Paddingtons. But familiar with original stuff ... are movies really that good ? I like - for excample - Wes Anderson movies ...

I haven't seen them yet but since Nicole Kidman is in there I have to have them.  :D

41 minutes ago, Kingpin said:

I haven't seen them yet but since Nicole Kidman is in there I have to have them.  :D

Now that's what I call good taste!!!! :D

giphy.gif

Also, you're making me want to attempt to take pics of my collection again as it has expanded a LOT since I last posted. But alas, I'm lazy! I'll just like and lurk yours in enjoyment!!

Archived