Scary Hair

Rate The Series You Recently Watched

I just finished Season 1 of The Newsroom on HBO. 

I was curious as to whether or not any Psychos internationally watched this series- since it does pertain almost exclusively to events that happen here in the U.S. Has anyone not from the U.S. seen this? I would really like to hear what you thought of the show without having to be connected directly the the events that occurred in it. 

It's an interesting situation. Between Aaron Sorkin's writing style and the near flawless directing of every episode- the Newsroom comes across as a cleanly created and very intelligent series.... hoooooowever- I will admit that while a bulk of the series consists of very apt and opinionated political discourse surrounding the current climate of the news media represented within the United States, there is a large amount of the show that is all about the exact type of "who slept with who" drama that I really could not care less about. More so- while I have been moved to tears multiple times throughout the course of season one- it is hard to distinguish whether or not the strong emotions that I have for the show are motivated solely by the series' craftsmanship- or whether the show is merely piggy-backing off of the emotions garnered by the real world events that were covered. 

Awards

5 hours ago, FN-2187 said:

I just finished Season 1 of The Newsroom on HBO. 

I was curious as to whether or not any Psychos internationally watched this series- since it does pertain almost exclusively to events that happen here in the U.S. Has anyone not from the U.S. seen this? I would really like to hear what you thought of the show without having to be connected directly the the events that occurred in it. 

It's an interesting situation. Between Aaron Sorkin's writing style and the near flawless directing of every episode- the Newsroom comes across as a cleanly created and very intelligent series.... hoooooowever- I will admit that while a bulk of the series consists of very apt and opinionated political discourse surrounding the current climate of the news media represented within the United States, there is a large amount of the show that is all about the exact type of "who slept with who" drama that I really could not care less about. More so- while I have been moved to tears multiple times throughout the course of season one- it is hard to distinguish whether or not the strong emotions that I have for the show are motivated solely by the series' craftsmanship- or whether the show is merely piggy-backing off of the emotions garnered by the real world events that were covered. 

I've watched every now and then. Not the best way I know. Like it tho.

I tend to follow happens around the globe so I pretty much know U.S. events too. Not bragging. But Finnish news covers everything so it's easy if one is interested. And I tend to visit CNN, BBC etc websites. I like abit similar Veep too.

• Thanks 1

Awards

7 hours ago, nefilim said:

I've watched every now and then. Not the best way I know. Like it tho.

I tend to follow happens around the globe so I pretty much know U.S. events too. Not bragging. But Finnish news covers everything so it's easy if one is interested. And I tend to visit CNN, BBC etc websites. I like abit similar Veep too.

Yeah it's weird watching Veep and seeing that the parody that they're aiming at is calmer than the turmoil actually happening in our government now. xD

• Like 1

Awards

Just finished Season 3 of Jessica Jones.  All in all, I have been a big fan of the MCU on Netflix.  Daredevil probably was the strongest from start to finish, but Jessica Jones season 1 was amazing.  2 and 3 were good - 3 better than 2.  I am very disappointed in Marvel, Netflix and Disney in that these shows will not continue.

Did any of you watch these?