IGNORED

Rate The Series You Recently Watched

Scary Hair

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just finished Season 1 of The Newsroom on HBO. 

I was curious as to whether or not any Psychos internationally watched this series- since it does pertain almost exclusively to events that happen here in the U.S. Has anyone not from the U.S. seen this? I would really like to hear what you thought of the show without having to be connected directly the the events that occurred in it. 

It's an interesting situation. Between Aaron Sorkin's writing style and the near flawless directing of every episode- the Newsroom comes across as a cleanly created and very intelligent series.... hoooooowever- I will admit that while a bulk of the series consists of very apt and opinionated political discourse surrounding the current climate of the news media represented within the United States, there is a large amount of the show that is all about the exact type of "who slept with who" drama that I really could not care less about. More so- while I have been moved to tears multiple times throughout the course of season one- it is hard to distinguish whether or not the strong emotions that I have for the show are motivated solely by the series' craftsmanship- or whether the show is merely piggy-backing off of the emotions garnered by the real world events that were covered. 

Awards

5 hours ago, FN-2187 said:

I just finished Season 1 of The Newsroom on HBO. 

I was curious as to whether or not any Psychos internationally watched this series- since it does pertain almost exclusively to events that happen here in the U.S. Has anyone not from the U.S. seen this? I would really like to hear what you thought of the show without having to be connected directly the the events that occurred in it. 

It's an interesting situation. Between Aaron Sorkin's writing style and the near flawless directing of every episode- the Newsroom comes across as a cleanly created and very intelligent series.... hoooooowever- I will admit that while a bulk of the series consists of very apt and opinionated political discourse surrounding the current climate of the news media represented within the United States, there is a large amount of the show that is all about the exact type of "who slept with who" drama that I really could not care less about. More so- while I have been moved to tears multiple times throughout the course of season one- it is hard to distinguish whether or not the strong emotions that I have for the show are motivated solely by the series' craftsmanship- or whether the show is merely piggy-backing off of the emotions garnered by the real world events that were covered. 

I've watched every now and then. Not the best way I know. Like it tho.

I tend to follow happens around the globe so I pretty much know U.S. events too. Not bragging. But Finnish news covers everything so it's easy if one is interested. And I tend to visit CNN, BBC etc websites. I like abit similar Veep too.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, nefilim said:

I've watched every now and then. Not the best way I know. Like it tho.

I tend to follow happens around the globe so I pretty much know U.S. events too. Not bragging. But Finnish news covers everything so it's easy if one is interested. And I tend to visit CNN, BBC etc websites. I like abit similar Veep too.

Yeah it's weird watching Veep and seeing that the parody that they're aiming at is calmer than the turmoil actually happening in our government now. xD

• Like 1

Awards

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Just finished Season 3 of Jessica Jones.  All in all, I have been a big fan of the MCU on Netflix.  Daredevil probably was the strongest from start to finish, but Jessica Jones season 1 was amazing.  2 and 3 were good - 3 better than 2.  I am very disappointed in Marvel, Netflix and Disney in that these shows will not continue.

Did any of you watch these?

• 2 weeks later...

🥤Enjoying the 2nd season of Mayans on FX here in the USA! 🏍️

`Mayans M.C.' is the next chapter in the `Sons of Anarchy' saga. Set in a post-Jax Teller world, Ezekiel `EZ' Reyes is fresh out of prison and a prospect in the Mayans M.C. charter on the California/Mexico border. EZ, the gifted son of a proud Latino family and former golden boy, sees his quest for the American dream snuffed out by border violence. Faced with carving out a new identity for himself in his small town, EZ's need for vengeance drives him toward a life he never intended and can never escape.

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Chernobyl 10 out of 5 

Picked up an amray off flea bay . All the hype well I had to go and look .

What can I say only

THE BEST EVER TV SHOW .

No Spoilers  Episode 5 is one of the best ever stand out moments in celluloid. 

You think you know the story . Those of is old enough can remember seeing the events as they unfolded .

I can remember the disaster and THAT is what I found so chilling,  the amount we did not know .

Episode 1 is a slow burn set up .

Episode 2 , 3 , 4 are tension to the rafters and unfold the story with grace and intelligence. 

Episode 5 is MAGNIFICENT no other word .

All the hype is true . Rewatch value is infinite for me .

• Like 3

Mindhunter, 2nd season / Netflix 

Every fan of serial killer movies and David Fincher (who produced and directed several episodes on the show) owes it to himself to check out this brilliant and fascinating series revolving around a pair of FBI agents delving into the minds of some of the US most vicious serial killers. Dark and disturbing stuff. 

A solid 9 out of 10

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

My friends @Scary Hair, @R1s1ngs0n,

I would like to get both of those you mentioned + S1, S3 of Mr. Mercedes (maybe S2 for completeness... I did not enjoy that season as much!) so far on BD or maybe a Premium exclusives? 🙏

They both exist in standard Blu-ray.

No Premiums planned so far.

• Thanks 1

We have this sale coming up over here in the USA in November called BLACK FRIDAY! 😊

I have a lot on my list you know! 😉

When is Black Friday 2019
Black Friday 2019 Date: Friday, November 29th, 2019

When is Black Friday 2019?
Black Friday is always the day after Thanksgiving. In 2019, Black Friday will be on Friday 29th November 2019 . On this day, most major retailers open extremely early, often at midnight or earlier.

We also have what is called CYBER MONDAY! 😋

When is Cyber Monday 2019

When is Cyber Monday 2019?
Cyber Monday is always the Monday after Black Friday. In 2019, Cyber Monday will be on Monday 2nd December 2019 . On this day, most major retailers starts their sales online at midnight.

• 3 years later...