Movie Trailers

Basil

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

I'm with @MikeH5856 I'll have to go back and watch part 1 again. I vaguely remember what happened. I remember a big ship shooting things and stuff....that's about it lol. oh and a lot of warhammer 40k influence in outfits and terminology  

I sure hope Cavill's Warhammer series for Amazon is more memorable! That announcement finally got me on the bandwagon with that segment of geek culture. Well, the books at least... I'm trying to avoid the miniatures and getting into the tabletop gaming, but between the handful of Horus Heresy books I've read and the Rogue Trader game on PS5 I've become a wee bit obsessed. 🤣 For all Rebel Moon might've borrowed, it's certainly nowhere near as captivating or interesting as what little Warhammer lore I've picked up over the last year or so. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'll watch it, but hopefully they give us a recap of the first movie. I know I watched Part One, but I have absolutely no recollection of it, it was so forgettable. 🤣 Guess I'll be keeping my expectations low for this one, and hope the eventual director's cuts fare a bit better.

I watched the first 20-25 minutes and just couldn’t get into it.  I didn’t tit was bad, necessarily, just kind of . . . there.  Is it worth finishing?

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I watched the first 20-25 minutes and just couldn’t get into it.  I didn’t tit was bad, necessarily, just kind of . . . there.  Is it worth finishing?

You're not missing out on anything special if you don't finish it. It definitely is the kind of movie that's "just kind of... there." It's pretty disposable cinema, and that's about all I remember from my watch.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jwhitm3 said:

I've tried to finish it 4 times and still haven't made it to the end.

I finally watched it all the way through on the third attempt. I'd get 20 30 minutes in and end up turning to or finding something else to do. I finally watched it when I was caught up on everything else I wanted to watch at the time 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I sure hope Cavill's Warhammer series for Amazon is more memorable! That announcement finally got me on the bandwagon with that segment of geek culture. Well, the books at least... I'm trying to avoid the miniatures and getting into the tabletop gaming, but between the handful of Horus Heresy books I've read and the Rogue Trader game on PS5 I've become a wee bit obsessed. 🤣 For all Rebel Moon might've borrowed, it's certainly nowhere near as captivating or interesting as what little Warhammer lore I've picked up over the last year or so. 

Ultramarines omnibus was the first 40k book I got then the blood angel soul drinkers and space wolves omnibus next. Got into the horus heresy books then bought the ultramarine movie voiced by Terence Stamp and Sean Pertwee more books many more books then the space marines game on ps3 and I was 100% hooked by then. I just hope they get the grim dark part down right. I know gamesworkshop is trying to get Warhammer more mainstream but I hope it doesn't lose that very real grim dark ugly there is only war feel 40K delivers so well in the books. I hope it does not get the the rings of power wheel of time or the whitcher treatment from the powers that be meddling about in things they dont understand. Let Cavill cook and 40K will be a fantastic series done right with respect.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Ultramarines omnibus was the first 40k book I got then the blood angel soul drinkers and space wolves omnibus next. Got into the horus heresy books then bought the ultramarine movie voiced by Terence Stamp and Sean Pertwee more books many more books then the space marines game on ps3 and I was 100% hooked by then. I just hope they get the grim dark part down right. I know gamesworkshop is trying to get Warhammer more mainstream but I hope it doesn't lose that very real grim dark ugly there is only war feel 40K delivers so well in the books. I hope it does not get the the rings of power wheel of time or the whitcher treatment from the powers that be meddling about in things they dont understand. Let Cavill cook and 40K will be a fantastic series done right with respect.

Agreed. It sounds like Cavill will have some creative control, which I’m guessing he must have pushed for after The Witcher and all the rumors about that writer’s room dissing the source material so much. He’s such a huge fan of the property, and between him and Gameswork, I’m very hopeful everything will get nailed down just right. It needs to be big, dark, and bloody, not to mention occasionally horrifying and grotesque and supremely gory. God, I can’t wait for this show! They need to hurry the hell up! 😂

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Agreed. It sounds like Cavill will have some creative control, which I’m guessing he must have pushed for after The Witcher and all the rumors about that writer’s room dissing the source material so much. He’s such a huge fan of the property, and between him and Gameswork, I’m very hopeful everything will get nailed down just right. It needs to be big, dark, and bloody, not to mention occasionally horrifying and grotesque and supremely gory. God, I can’t wait for this show! They need to hurry the hell up! 😂

Yes man and show how fast space marines actually are. I think people forget because of how big they are and all the armor they wear that they are slow and clunky when in fact they are lightning fast. Check out death of hope on youtube the guy Mark who did that shows how fast they can be. He ultimately abandoned the project because people didn't like how he nailed the grim dark perfectly compared to how clean and pretty the astartes short videos were which were awesome too.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, LeadFarmer said:

Yes man and show how fast space marines actually are. I think people forget because of how big they are and all the armor they wear that they are slow and clunky when in fact they are lightning fast. Check out death of hope on youtube the guy Mark who did that shows how fast they can be. He ultimately abandoned the project because people didn't like how he nailed the grim dark perfectly compared to how clean and pretty the astartes short videos were which were awesome too.

Oooh, I’ll have to check that out! Thanks, man!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShadowWarrior said:

I am going to be the discordant voice.

I was not enthusiastic about it. At least for what it shows, it seemed to me like what we already saw in "Alien" (1978) done in the current way. He is a director who has shown some interesting abilities, but he run the risk of it being a meeting between "Alien" and what he did in "Life".

I'm going to see it in the cinema as soon as it is released, I'm a fan of this great saga, and I'll enjoy for sure; but, even if it has these kinds of scenes or situations that are already familiar, I hope it also has a certain amount of plot that contributes to making sense of the whole story.

Scott's prequels didn't do very well at the box office because people wanted to see the alien, but also very much because people wanted answers. It would be a mistake to stick with just the alien.

IMO.

• Like 8

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I am going to be the discordant voice.

I was not enthusiastic about it. At least for what it shows, it seemed to me like what we already saw in "Alien" (1978) done in the current way. He is a director who has shown some interesting abilities, but he run the risk of it being a meeting between "Alien" and what he did in "Life".

I'm going to see it in the cinema as soon as it is released, I'm a fan of this great saga, and I'll enjoy for sure; but, even if it has these kinds of scenes or situations that are already familiar, I hope it also has a certain amount of plot that contributes to making sense of the whole story.

Scott's prequels didn't do very well at the box office because people wanted to see the alien, but also very much because people wanted answers. It would be a mistake to stick with just the alien.

IMO.

As long as it remembers what has already been seen in Alien and not what has already been seen in Alien 3, Resurrection and Covenant; I am content.

Of course I hope that the film has much more than what it shows, I hate when the trailers tell too much, which is unfortunately already the order of the day. (It's not relevant but I remember the promotion and marketing of Cloverfield, a masterpiece)

I also hope that the protagonists behave and act like adults consistent with their roles and not like 2-year-old children.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Noir21 said:

As long as it remembers what has already been seen in Alien and not what has already been seen in Alien 3, Resurrection and Covenant; I am content.

Of course I hope that the film has much more than what it shows, I hate when the trailers tell too much, which is unfortunately already the order of the day. (It's not relevant but I remember the promotion and marketing of Cloverfield, a masterpiece)

I also hope that the protagonists behave and act like adults consistent with their roles and not like 2-year-old children.

You're right,  @Noir21

It's almost better that the trailer doesn't tell anything.

That's why I have high hopes.

And about that, lately when I go to the cinema I don't even read the synopsis. The less the better. Long live risk!

By the way, curiously, what the fans were most looking forward to... was not to see again something they already have, but to know more about the engineers. And so am I. :) 

• Like 3

I know this isn’t a movie *or* a trailer, but the link has 2 trailers for House of the Dragon, one for Team Black and one for Team Green.  As well as a release date:  6/16.

https://www.gamesradar.com/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-trailer-matt-smith-hbo-sky/?utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_content=total-film&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com

• Like 1