IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I reserve final judgment until I see the actual movie, based on fresh reviews for ´Joker’ and the recently released official trailer, it seems to confirm what I suspected since first seeing the teaser - this is going to be a very different movie from TDK...and a better one at that. 

While Ledger was indeed phenomenal and deserved every accolade he got, I find TDK to be an uneven affair when he’s not onscreen.

Phoenix looks all set for awards season and his Joker looks to be the most fleshed out and interesting incarnation so far - bring it on!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/31/joker-movie-review%3Famp%3D1

Edited by R1s1ngs0n
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Although I reserve final judgment until I see the actual movie, based on fresh reviews for ´Joker’ and the recently released official trailer, it seems to confirm what I suspected since first seeing the teaser - this is going to be a very different movie from TDK and a better one at that. 

While Ledger was indeed phenomenal and deserved every accolade he got, I find TDK to be an uneven affair when he’s not onscreen.

Phoenix looks all set for awards season and his Joker looks to be the most fleshed out and interesting incarnation so far - bring it on!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ign.com/articles/2019/08/31/joker-movie-review%3Famp%3D1

I enjoyed TDK far more than i thought I would .

It's the TDKR I struggle with  no matter how many times ir mood I view it the connection is just not there. 

The extended cut of Gladiator  Phoenix is superb  as Comodus . Also its a brutal watch in some places due to the content try

A Beautiful Day / You Where Never Really Here , if you have not already .

I think this Joker will be unlike anything that has gone before .

• Like 3

3 hours ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Although I reserve final judgment until I see the actual movie, based on fresh reviews for ´Joker’ and the recently released official trailer, it seems to confirm what I suspected since first seeing the teaser - this is going to be a very different movie from TDK...and a better one at that. 

@R1s1ngs0n

I, like you I’m reserving my opinion until I see the film. I’ve only seen a teaser trailer & to be honest I didn’t need to see that. Once I heard there was a stand alone Joker movie I was already sold. I don’t have any expectations as to if it will be better than TDK or not. If I was to give my opinion I don’t believe this movie needs to be better, & Joaquin’s take on the Joker doesn’t have to be better either. 

What has to be done is the actions of the characters have to make sense with the plot of the film. To many times I think creators spend to much time on trying to top what came before to the point where characters actions don’t make sense with the story being told or the plot takes a back seat for action. Hopefully like you said it’s going to be an interesting fleshed out take, that is entertaining to watch.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@R1s1ngs0n

I, like you I’m reserving my opinion until I see the film. I’ve only seen a teaser trailer & to be honest I didn’t need to see that. Once I heard there was a stand alone Joker movie I was already sold. I don’t have any expectations as to if it will be better than TDK or not. If I was to give my opinion I don’t believe this movie needs to be better, & Joaquin’s take on the Joker doesn’t have to be better either. 

What has to be done is the actions of the characters have to make sense with the plot of the film. To many times I think creators spend to much time on trying to top what came before to the point where characters actions don’t make sense with the story being told or the plot takes a back seat for action. Hopefully like you said it’s going to be an interesting fleshed out take, that is entertaining to watch.

Early reviews are in from Venice, and they’re glowing.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/08/31/venice-dispatch-joker-ema/

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Scary Hair said:

I enjoyed TDK far more than i thought I would .

It's the TDKR I struggle with  no matter how many times ir mood I view it the connection is just not there. 

The extended cut of Gladiator  Phoenix is superb  as Comodus . Also its a brutal watch in some places due to the content try

A Beautiful Day / You Where Never Really Here , if you have not already .

I think this Joker will be unlike anything that has gone before .

At the time of it’s release I wasn’t a fan of the Dark Knight Rises, but now I’ve grown to accept the stuff that sucked to me. I laugh at it now. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Steelbook Indy said:

Early reviews are in from Venice, and they’re glowing.

https://www.awardsdaily.com/2019/08/31/venice-dispatch-joker-ema/

I always enjoy film reviews after I have seen a film. Since I watch a lot of movies I’ve never needed to read reviews before hand. There was a small period when I did & I found that I enjoyed movies more when I didn’t. 

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 1

🥤good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 🤠

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89767167195685f525a1b

I’ll be going through my many horror films today to pick which ones I want to start in my 61 days of spooky, horror, Halloween thread... pleasant nightmares, muhahahaha!👽

Check it out if you like! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897d3ef45ffdfad47eabb

Edited by Veum
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Veum said:

🥤good morning here, good day there... Veum here! 🤠

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89767167195685f525a1b

I’ll be going through my many horror films today to pick which ones I want to start in my 61 days of spooky, horror, Halloween thread... pleasant nightmares, muhahahaha!👽

Check it out if you like! 

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c897d3ef45ffdfad47eabb

@Veum

You getting ready for 61 days of Horror & sharing your picks

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Veum

You getting ready for 61 days of Horror & sharing your picks

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

@Hollywood E Rock  yup I will have some today as I’ve already started! 9C089B5C-F5C0-489E-AEF2-B38A0BC13222.gif.f21ddcd7d5ac41a4bb37bac090b683c3.gif

How about you joining in and watching your fav horror movies and sharing my friend? 👻

giphy.gif?cid=8fc3c89704b052f943781f4ea8

Edited by Veum