IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

9 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

And you thought I was guardian material mate .......

are_we_learning_yet3c4ff1841c.gif.2300db65d23363f919624f2750954bf1.gif

Tho if I was, things would be different....

FB_IMG_1609020562320.thumb.jpg.bd48498608eab0cf7db8d5ee568f7c49.jpg

I'd be running a tight ship around here!!!!!

3 minutes ago, RAK said:

adam sandler mov GIF

ben stiller GIF

@RileyLad almost thought I was talking to @DodgyDave for a second there 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

If you were a guardian, I'm sure there would be a greater degree of law and order around here...

l0MYDt5vUKRRgMeQg.gif.2a84b2e3f1248b5fa3f3e139069533e3.gif

There will be no late payments....

eSQiwbVrb7Nmg.gif.39257e969415e54b1a63aec4109f6729.gif

Or you will be punished...

YzpZhRiLJPeik.gif.16e3ae47913d9094f7875867502da715.gif

And I'll be running a thorough inspection...

QAtLRc6EvY7YgchGKn.gif.79b982abf5b313dacaae5224106c4b82.gif

4 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I still do. xD

If you were a guardian

Too late...

l0MYwJIOZEbRbx4ha.gif.77902bc21809f3f35e104c71c578e594.gif

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, Basil said:

@Veum happen to stumble on this thought you might like cos of the drummer xD 

basil :D

2 hours ago, Basil said:

and stumbled on this take on mandalorian metal mash up, im going to have to watch this series at point xD 

Thanks @Basil 🦊 very nice and entertaining! 😊

• Like 1

In these times in which the publication of films in physical format is faced with difficulties, or challenges, at the same time that  majors decrease their volume of releases, each time emerge more small distributors and new labels that face the fabulous adventure of releasing movies on DVD, Blu-ray, or 4K.

In this context, I have found an initiative that, although for many it may not mean anything, can give some clues -or a good example- as to where certain types of special or collector's editions could end up going in the future: the preorder, sell before manufacturing, and carry it out only when costs are covered. 

(It may be that deep down is something that some already do with dissimulation.............)

A very interesting small spanish cooperative, founded by passionate people about auteur and independent cinema, have come to set up a film-making laboratory, a cinema bookstore, their own multi-screen cinema, carrying out promotional activities for this type of cinema among young people, and who also have started to create and distribute a few own DVD / Blu-ray editions, now developing a crowdfunding campaign to launch a limited collector's edition (500 copies) including two films by Portuguese director Pedro Costa:

- Horse Money

- Vitalina Varela

Both films Blu-ray and DVD with optional english subtitles; as well the short film "Our man" also by Pedro Costa with optional English subtitles. There will be other interesting additional content, but without English subtitles. And a 128-page book with exclusive texts supervised by the director in person, but only in Spanish.

If there is someone who is interested in this type of cinema -so "Cahiers du Cinema" style, with a lot of awards in this kind of festivals- so outside of blockbuster or commercial circles, and wants to have a collector's edition of this type of cinema, here is the link:

https://www.verkami.com/locale/en/projects/28101-pedro-costa-edicion-coleccionista-vitalina-varela-caballo-dinero-libro-como-podemos-vivir-juntos

By the way, from what I have read there, one of the people who is preparing the edition was the director of "Intermedio", a Spanish lost label responsible for having created some of the most admired and awarded collector's editions of auteur cinema until they disappeared some years ago. In fact, someday when I have time, I want to share some photos of those beautiful editions.

That is our world: one day you create editions that gain international recognition, and another day you have collaborate with a small cooperative and to rely on crowfunding to see your work finished.

What a world!

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Another morning, another day, another opportunity to be stronger than before! Psychos HAPpY 

THIN Tuesday

Spoiler

mu4X89v.jpg

G2KgooR.jpg

1G8QgLg.jpg

NWu0hst.jpg

VoyR6IT.jpg

ivyPPVm.jpg

lEknZm6.jpg

hRoTXsB.jpg

TfUpPrk.jpg

0PJmsJL.jpg

kBiAEhn.jpg

xNJKaIr.jpg

QHNoJm6.jpg

E3T4iWM.jpg

Good Morning Psychos! I hope everyone is doing well & ready to take on the new week! Here’s to everyone having a Marvelous Monday!

giphy.gif

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2

46 minutes ago, RAK said:

What is going on? It keeps saying this, is the site being worked on again?

A5800CAC-76F9-458C-AB60-0A2B3027C139.png

genuinely don't know john just does stuff on site i think no one is told that when it just goes down no announcements, that or new provider is 💩💩💩

i grant you if it is john a announcement the site be down between x time to z time would be of more use

but only @Masterblaster has the answers :D

i have no idea GIF by PBS

Edited by Basil
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, RAK said:

What is going on? It keeps saying this, is the site being worked on again?

A5800CAC-76F9-458C-AB60-0A2B3027C139.png

I got this same message a few days ago right before the sale event was opened to Platinum members. Don’t know why, but every once in a while I get messages like this & a min or two later the site is back up like normal. After I refresh that is.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

I got this same message a few days ago right before the sale event was opened to Platinum members. Don’t know why, but every once in a while I get messages like this & a min or two later the site is back up like normal. After I refresh that is.

At least I know it’s not on my end. 

Thanks.

• Like 4

well this morning im a exceptionally happy bunny, i just see the weather forecast with there clever videos and if is correct there is 

China Snow GIF 

coming friday they did not say how deep it would be but being in the south of england i get may only get for a few hours but i hope it comes in severe, she is only in today tues and wed so after that no driving.

so for you all

• Like 7