IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, Parzival said:

But now unfortunately, cinemas will not be the same. 

Not been for 6 months due to pandemic, it may never be the same again 

Cineworld close to collapse I read this morning 

This effing Covid had ruined everything

So, unfortunately no  ticket collecting for a while 😪

agree with you, think it will get better with time it has to.

i know @Robertm89 went to see tenet, i have to confess have not been for a while now.

for me at the moment i dont want to chance it yet if i'm honest.

think it all take back off when we get the vaccine next year if lucky crossing fingers for april.

as i havent seen tenet yet, something i did see on ebay i would have got had i seen and liked be below.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tenet-6-cell-film-cell-style-display-16-x-8-FRAMED/224126443999?hash=item342efa21df:g:cxkAAOSwqupfP75U

but that give you the idea that adds to it all

basil 👍

• Like 2

2 hours ago, RAK said:

Good Morning @RileyLad we were just messing around. There was wasn’t any real hostility, Atleast I don’t think there was 😂 

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f***ed up maybe, but @Veum is funny how, I mean funny like he's a clown, he amuses you? He makes you laugh, he's here to f***in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is @Veum funny?

• Haha 3

also @Parzival

one film that i am seriously concerned for and desperately want announcement on bluray steelbook is 

Greyhound but as apple tv bought it straight to them and not cinema and they have rights at the moment, it concerns me this may never make to bluray but without knowing the details if they have a 6 month option or did they buy it forever?

and apple tv will hang onto it long as they can.

but i NEED this film for my collection even though have NEVER seen it yet as dont have apple tv.

can you tell i like WW2 films yet xD 

basil :D

• Like 2

@Basil

Haha I gathered 

I too went through a phase of watching every Nazi related film . Starting with Inglorious, then others such as Reader, Book thief, Schindler, Fury, Allied, Pianist, Valkyrie, woman in gold etc etc 

I think Hollywood also to some extent is obsessed with this era.. 

P.S one really haunting film is Night of the Generals starring Peter O Toole and Omar Sharif.. Quintessential Nazi film 

Edited by Parzival
  • Like 2

Spoiler
2 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

k4drIzcE2mPWU.gif.07edf792cd4ca85eb9529c7b7238d42f.gif

Thinking the same about you @Fortis93 my man....😂

3oEduJYHCOSohhcO6Q.gif.7a29858f64b416a5769ca985a0b87e13.gif

Were both doth due a upgrade...😂

I0BzOOugcKWu4.gif.851667b6f7b0cc7780e8854ee8a94f45.gif

I maybe too much for some people...

gdZnsWuO9SQiaTbzHv.gif.507e2f766d1310973bc9feaecf942306.gif

Could maybe tone it done just a wee bit

Y0xmlvJLOmDll1Yv3y.gif.779ddc5238888afc678975ddfee01f04.gif

If they can't handle The Lad, then they have no business calling themselves 'Media Psychos'.

• Haha 4

31 minutes ago, Parzival said:

Cineworld close to collapse I read this morning

I've just heard about it now ☹

Not good....

The 2 closest cinemas to me are supposed to be closing.. .

They say they will re-open. Guess they can't afford to pay the employees wages 😔

Bad times for so many industries....

21 minutes ago, Basil said:

as i havent seen tenet yet,

I'm supposed to be going this Thursday. Preying its still open. My mate has let me down past 3 weeks we were supposed to go see it. Tickets booked for Thursday 🤞

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Parzival said:

I think Hollywood also to some extent is obsessed with this era.. 

this is true as always a cash cow for them.

i went about 5 -6 years ago with my dad his brother and all my cousins to where the dday landings where and we did a weeks tour of it all. the whole region and until you see the beaches size and scale with you own eyes not one film puts that into proper scale, not even saving private ryan.

basically you look on the beach below the american cemetery, you look to the left and far as your eyes will reach into the distance cliff headland is about and similar looking to the right, so basically far as you eyes can see in both directions is beach and its vast in length and no film can put that into proper perspective.

and from doing the proper guided tour i learnt so much more than was ever taught at school.

Mulberry harbour Museum was an eye opener too, maybe we just had stop using inappropriate language history at school but as i say visiting there people could learn alot more.

one of the best things i ever did

basil :D

• Like 3

@RileyLad

Whatever you do, stay safe buddy 

A lot of people are still not convinced about how safe  cinema is, given the closed setting.

Hopefully it will be fine, if all people who go remain sensible.. (it shocks me how people out there, especially the 18 - 30s don't give a f*** and jeopardise it for the rest of us). 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, Parzival said:

Whatever you do, stay safe buddy 

A lot of people are still not convinced about how safe  cinema is, given the closed setting.

Thanks @Parzival

I will be sensible and wear my mask. Friends I know who have been to the cinema tell me the measures the cinema are taking are very good.

I dont go to the pubs or anything at this time so am sensible.....but think I need to see Tenet at the cinema to really appreciate it....

Anyway off to the shops now so mask on ....😷

Laterz English room 👋 

Edited by RileyLad
  • Like 6

35 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

You mean, let me understand this cause, ya know maybe it's me, I'm a little f***ed up maybe, but @Veum is funny how, I mean funny like he's a clown, he amuses you? He makes you laugh, he's here to f***in' amuse you? What do you mean funny, funny how? How is @Veum funny?

Hold On! Pump The Breaks! I said we were just messing around, never said he was funny.

• Haha 5

23 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Hollywood E Rock You'll appreciate this mate... 😁

This last week I decided to part with a few steelbooks in order to raise some cash for the MCU display. Last night I sat there deciding if I could part with anymore, and had the brainwave that I could probably raise quite a lot of cash from my diecast collection. So this morning I’ve been up in the loft shifting boxes about, armed with my trusty Stanley knife & tape gun.

I’ve opened up around 25-30 boxes (some really quite large) of Sealed Hotwheels, Johnny Lightning’s, Greenlights & M2’s. Didn’t even open the boxes of opened & displayed cars. Man..... I forgot about so many of the cars that I have! And how incredibly detailed some of them are.

Needless to say, I brought down just 1 small box of Hotwheels cars (mostly duplicates), as I cannot bare to part with any of the others!! 😂😂😂 I would imagine that I must have one of the best 1:64 Mopar Muscle collections in the UK! 🤓😆🍻

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Yeah same here regarding Matchbox. I had tonnes of them, and I do have some of those as well. I made a point of hunting out still sealed versions of my favs about 10 years ago. 57 Chevy black with flames, grey stock car AmX. I still have fond memories of spinning turnstile displays and searching through those blue boxes that they came in, trying to find a cool new one. ☺️ Do you remember the Shell vouchers as well? Man I had all of those cars! AND the Frosties cars where you had to collect cereal box tokens.

The Mopar Muscle obsession was inherited from my Dad. He’s owned quite a few of the real deals over the years, so spent my childhood going to car meets and cruising in big loud cars 😁 One day (I was about 20) he got a Johnny Lighting as a gift which was a replica of his car at the time, and that was it. It opened a whole new world to me and the collection began.

I used to have lots of 1:24 & 1:18 Bburago sports cars, but I sold all of those to start funding the 1:64 Muscle collection. I used to buy in bulk and ship from the states, and sell them here but it got harder & harder to do. 

I did find my original sealed 1989 Ertl Batmobile yesterday, and I still have my opened and played with one somewhere too. If I head into the loft again later, I’ll try and get some pics. 😊👍🏼

@Pbsw23,

Hot Wheels was a staple for me & my brother as little ones!😊

homer simpson GIF

2 hours ago, Parzival said:

So do I buddy 

I replaced the FAC discs with 4k 

So now it's a super charged super premium edition, F&F style 😉

@Parzival Nicely done!😊

Good Game Handshake GIF by Gaming GIFs

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

^ Why isn't this lad a Moderator or MP Guardian yet?

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

1 hour ago, RAK said:

Hold On! Pump The Breaks! I said we were just messing around, never said he was funny.

AD9ACDBF-68FA-48C8-BF71-D36FAACA3FF5.gif.7995d17c395a3149b8de4446ffa10a2b.gif

1 hour ago, RileyLad said:

Thanks @Parzival

I will be sensible and wear my mask. Friends I know who have been to the cinema tell me the measures the cinema are taking are very good.

I dont go to the pubs or anything at this time so am sensible.....but think I need to see Tenet at the cinema to really appreciate it....

Anyway off to the shops now so mask on ....😷

Laterz English room 👋 

jim carrey GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 5