IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Thursday Psychos! Question for the masses. What is the one Group Buy or Online Purchase you passed on, but had instant regret once you saw it shown off? Mine was the House Mediabook Collection. I had forgot to preorder it, and then time went buy and PO closed and is now outrageouly expensive..

Oh God Panda GIF

8 Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

45 Days Until Retro Expo

149 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

154 Days Until Halloween

182 Days Until Thanksgiving

209 Days Until Christmas

216 Days Until New Year

260 Days Until Valentine's Day!

291 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

325 Days Until Easter

Mine are the UHD Club of Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049.

In fact, to this day I still don't understand why I didn't sign up, it doesn't make sense. But it was 2020, the confinement, the pandemic, I'd only been here half a year, and I was stupid enough to hesitate. 

Yes, stupid enough not to sign up.

There is also another GB that stayed in my mind without being able to erase it: precisely, another UHD Club, that of ‘The Green Mile’. I signed up, but as I had abandoned my membership I was left out. The worst thing is that I sold my HDZeta edition to be able to buy this one, and in the end I was left without both.

A drama.

Oh, and ‘2001 A Space Odyssey’. Absolutely! I didn't know Media Psychos yet, and it was not the same... But then I saw one not very expensive copy, I hesitated and ....

Since then I can hesitate according to my budget, obviously, but.... in the case of certain top titles for me, I apply that phrase of Pacino in Scent of a women, but with the editions.

‘In case of doubt........’

;) 

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 4

14 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Mine are the UHD Club of Blade Runner and Blade Runner 2049.

In fact, to this day I still don't understand why I didn't sign up, it doesn't make sense. But it was 2020, the confinement, the pandemic, I'd only been here half a year, and I was stupid enough to hesitate. 

Yes, stupid enough not to sign up.

There is also another GB that stayed in my mind without being able to erase it: precisely, another UHD Club, that of ‘The Green Mile’. I signed up, but as I had abandoned my membership I was left out. The worst thing is that I sold my HDZeta edition to be able to buy this one, and in the end I was left without both.

A drama.

Oh, and ‘2001 A Space Odyssey’. Absolutely! I didn't know Media Psychos yet, and it was not the same... But then I saw one not very expensive copy, I hesitated and ....

Since then I can hesitate according to my budget, obviously, but.... in the case of certain top titles for me, I apply that phrase of Pacino in Scent of a women, but with the editions.

‘In case of doubt........’

;) 

My biggest regret was not getting Cinemuseum The Thing. 

• Like 5

Happy Friday! Hope you have an awesome weekend!

Ninja Turtles Weekend GIF by chuber channel

Days Until Fan Expo - Dallas

44 Days Until Retro Expo

148 Days Until Cowtown Comic Con

153 Days Until Halloween

181 Days Until Thanksgiving

208 Days Until Christmas

215 Days Until New Year

259 Days Until Valentine's Day!

290 Days Until St. Patrick's Day

324 Days Until Easter

• Like 4

38 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

I don't know why, but the BluFans Green Mile was one I didn't get in on, and wish I had.  They are readily available, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it.  I tend to sign up for a lot of GBs other than Raro and CE, so don't have too many regrets.

Which The Thing did you end up with?  Did you get the FAC?

Edited by BreakBeatDJ
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

You probably wouldn’t have got a copy at the time anyway… I was online at the time it went live and actually had a copy in my basket an while checking out it disappeared and I got a  sold out message … well miffed… then it took a couple of years to get one at a reasonable price… now its super scarce and horrendously expensive….definitely a grail item if you can find one …

• Like 5

1 hour ago, ukade2327 said:

You probably wouldn’t have got a copy at the time anyway… I was online at the time it went live and actually had a copy in my basket an while checking out it disappeared and I got a  sold out message … well miffed… then it took a couple of years to get one at a reasonable price… now its super scarce and horrendously expensive….definitely a grail item if you can find one …

Cinemusem consistency is in the air unfortunately 😂

• Like 1

Awards

5 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

I’d never even seen that one.  It’s beautiful!

Having only been here less than a year, I’ve gotten in on the ones on offer that I wanted, for the most part.  No huge regrets, though I think I may kick myself for not getting in on the It GB.

I really only started collecting premium sets a few months before I joined on here (had a large movie collection, but nothing premium).  I’m glad I didn’t see that Cinemuseum release of The Thing on eBay, there’s no telling what I might have been willing to pay for it :)  

Of the sets I’ve seen, I’d love to have the Drive set that is zipped up in the jacket, and the BR 2049 set that comes with wooden horse and pistol (I’m not sure who made either of them).

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I’d never even seen that one.  It’s beautiful!

Having only been here less than a year, I’ve gotten in on the ones on offer that I wanted, for the most part.  No huge regrets, though I think I may kick myself for not getting in on the It GB.

I really only started collecting premium sets a few months before I joined on here (had a large movie collection, but nothing premium).  I’m glad I didn’t see that Cinemuseum release of The Thing on eBay, there’s no telling what I might have been willing to pay for it :)  

Of the sets I’ve seen, I’d love to have the Drive set that is zipped up in the jacket, and the BR 2049 set that comes with wooden horse and pistol (I’m not sure who made either of them).

The Drive set was from Mantalab and the BR2049 set was amazon Japan … 

IMG_5899.thumb.jpeg.c0881518e2a38341e8c2169f42cb41aa.jpeg

IMG_5898.thumb.jpeg.fe04f34d73b57a2df9295fcea5654047.jpeg

and here’s the CM The Thing….the other side is the Lenticular of the poster but this is the best side …

IMG_5900.thumb.jpeg.ab3475b1b67ee89e43470460eb832846.jpeg

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

I don't know why, but the BluFans Green Mile was one I didn't get in on, and wish I had.  They are readily available, but I haven't pulled the trigger on it.  I tend to sign up for a lot of GBs other than Raro and CE, so don't have too many regrets.

Which The Thing did you end up with?  Did you get the FAC?

@BreakBeatDJ, I ended up getting the Studio Canal Version, as the FAC was sold out as well at the time. Now I see the FAC version eBay and it's pretty reasonable, so i'll probably snag it at one point. What I really want is a HDZeta or Manta Evil Dead Trilogy Set.

2 hours ago, ukade2327 said:

and here’s the CM The Thing….the other side is the Lenticular of the poster but this is the best side …

That is such pretty sight @ukade2327, I'm not jealous one bit, not one bit, ok, maybe a lot, lol.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

image.png.ce375d88c02c15d3462e91805d8e885f.png

Drinking From The Saucer -- A POEM by JOHN PAUL MOORE

Drinking From My Saucer Cause My Cup Has Overflowed

I've never made a fortune, and it's probably too late now.
But I don't worry about that much, I'm happy anyhow
And as I go along life's way,
I'm reaping better than I sowed.
I'm drinking from my saucer,
'Cause my cup has overflowed. 

Haven't got a lot of riches,
and sometimes the going's tough
But I've got loving ones all around me,
and that makes me rich enough. 
I thank God for his blessings,
and the mercies He's bestowed.

I remember times when things went wrong,
My faith wore somewhat thin.
But all at once the dark clouds broke,
and the sun peeped through again.

So Lord, help me not to gripe,
about the tough rows I have hoed.

If God gives me strength and courage,
When the way grows steep and rough.
I'll not ask for other blessings,
I'm already blessed enough.

And may I never be too busy,
to help others bear their loads.
Then I'll keep drinking from my saucer,

May your cup overflow.🙏

Edited by Veum
  • Like 2

On 5/31/2024 at 3:00 PM, ukade2327 said:

Thank you!  Ye gods, I love it when a set is not only beautiful but perfectly representative of the film content.  These all fit the bill.

• Like 2