IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

6 minutes ago, Veum said:

Held up for the third day with a swollen left leg/knee/pain with no clue why it happened, it happened just out of the blue! 😞 

Good luck, man! I'm held up for my second day with a bum knee. I've been doing a ton more walking of late but apparently overworked myself and my knee is reminding me, once again, that I'm in the throes of middle age and not in my 20s anymore (and am paying for too many years of being sedentary, most likely). Meanwhile, I'm getting antsy to get my walking shoes back on and get outside! 

• Like 4

• Replies 30.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Good luck, man! I'm held up for my second day with a bum knee. I've been doing a ton more walking of late but apparently overworked myself and my knee is reminding me, once again, that I'm in the throes of middle age and not in my 20s anymore (and am paying for too many years of being sedentary, most likely). Meanwhile, I'm getting antsy to get my walking shoes back on and get outside! 

Yeah I’m hoping it heals up cause I need to cut our ornamental grasses soon for the spring season…

a little story that this happened to me awhile back and it was diagnosed as an IT Band (IT band syndrome can cause symptoms such as knee, thigh, and hip pain that may also burn or ache. The pain may worsen over time and lead to swelling. IT band syndrome may be triggered by certain conditions, running downhill, wearing non-supportive shoes, and not properly stretching.).

It is a very painful process as the searing/shooting pain is excruciating 😣 

• Sad 4

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ 🌬️here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏  :)

Fly Away Hair GIF

Day

4/1
55°Hi
RealFeel® 54°
RealFeel Shade™ 50°
Strong winds subsiding; some sun, then increasing clouds and cooler

...WIND ADVISORY IN EFFECT FROM 7 AM THIS MORNING TO 6 PM EDT THIS EVENING... * WHAT...West winds 25 to 30 mph with gusts up to 50 mph expected. * WHERE...Portions of central Indiana. * WHEN...From 7 AM this morning to 6 PM EDT this evening. * IMPACTS...Gusty winds could blow around unsecured objects. Tree limbs could be blown down and a few power outages may result. PRECAUTIONARY/PREPAREDNESS ACTIONS... Use extra caution when driving, especially if operating a high profile vehicle. Secure outdoor objects.

• Like 1

Hi Psychos,

So, I watched Dark Waters last night for the first time. Good movie. Got me a bit worried though. I heard years ago about non-stick pans being bad for you, but that didn't stop me buying them as they work so well. All of my cookware is non-stick.

I'm seriously contemplating on changing it out to stainless steel now.

Has anybody here actually made a move like that after seeing this movie?

• Like 3

Awards

On 4/1/2023 at 8:49 PM, Whodini said:

Hi Psychos,

So, I watched Dark Waters last night for the first time. Good movie. Got me a bit worried though. I heard years ago about non-stick pans being bad for you, but that didn't stop me buying them as they work so well. All of my cookware is non-stick.

Has anybody here actually made a move like that after seeing this movie?

I remember watching this and thinking that it's definitely not a good thing, but I was so tired of food sticking, that I "stuck" with Non-Stick items.

Good Morning Monday GIF by DINOSALLY

52 Days until Texas Frightmare Weekend

211 Days Until Halloween

234 Days Until Thanksgiving

266 Days Until Christmas

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

We changed ours out years ago to 3 or 5 ply stainless.  Put some olive oil or oil of choice on the bottom and give it about 5 mins on medium-low, it cures the pan and things barely stick.  I just made omelettes this morn for the house and no eggs stuck at all.  my two cents.  @nathan_s82

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

🥤🧋🎬 Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌧️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏  :)

🌪 😟 

tornado GIF 

image.png.3c3aff7ec4b4a6b615e1d317f2054308.png

March 31 - April 1, 2023 Tornadoes & Severe Storms

One of the largest tornado outbreaks in many years struck the Midwest and Southeast from Friday afternoon March 31, 2023 into the early morning hours of April 1, 2023. Numerous tornadoes and severe thunderstorms with large hail and damaging winds affected 16 states during this period, including Iowa, Wisconsin,  Michigan, Missouri, Illinois, Indiana, Ohio, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Tennessee, Mississippi, Alabama, Georgia, Texas, and Louisiana, with dozens of people killed and numerous other injured. Across Tennessee, 10 people were killed by the tornadoes in West Tennessee, including 1 in Tipton County and 9 in McNairy County. Middle Tennessee saw at least 5 tornadoes which caused extensive damage in Wayne, Lewis, Marshall, Rutherford, Cannon, Macon, and Franklin Counties, but luckily no one was killed. As of April 3rd, damage surveys to determine how many tornadoes occurred and how intense the tornadoes were continue, and all information on this page should be considered PRELIMINARY.

Day

4/3
74°Hi
RealFeel® 72°
RealFeel Shade™ 70°
Clouds and sun with a brief shower or two
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

@Basil and @Veum FNAC Casablanca is even cheaper than the Novamedia and comes with a fullslip and some goodies, fyi.

Thanks @Boilersteel for calling out this edition.

I have this edition and can confirm it's a bit nicer than most UCEs I have, the slip has no folds and the printing of the extras is decent.

I think @Veum already has it. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Basil said:

@Veum mike you into old films you seen this from nova looks right up your street

974b459fa7545b70a624b003a2749910.jpg

https://novamnm.com/product/blu-ray-casablanca-2disc-4k-uhdbd-steelbook-le/2799/?cate_no=82&display_group=1

basil 👍

1 hour ago, Boilersteel said:

@Basil and @Veum FNAC Casablanca is even cheaper than the Novamedia and comes with a fullslip and some goodies, fyi.

39 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Thanks @Boilersteel for calling out this edition.

I have this edition and can confirm it's a bit nicer than most UCEs I have, the slip has no folds and the printing of the extras is decent.

I think @Veum already has it. 

🧋🤠 🎬 fellas I have this and it is enough! :)

Casablanca 4K Blu-ray 

SteelBook / Ultimate Collector's Edition / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray

Casablanca 4K (Blu-ray)

• Like 6