IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/21/2022 at 11:14 AM, Casiusco said:

Yesterday a woman I know came home for a few minutes looking for something. Seeing the shelves with my editions, she made a surprised face, and said:

"Wow, you like movies... But... wow, what a waste of space..., my husband also had... and I threw them away, all ended up in the garbage can. I don't go through that..."

That sad remark deserved only one reply.

fawlty-towers-john-cleese.gif

• Haha 7

On 9/21/2022 at 2:53 PM, GuyIncognit0 said:

This is a great metaphor and very much how it worked for me. I'm getting better with movies but books are another issue, ha. Thanks for sharing your experiences as well. 

I'll just keep plugging along and diving into some of these "slower" films. It has certainly become enjoyable and they provide a nice balance between exercising my mind and 

relaxing. My interpretations are probably not "correct" but I appreciate the process. Those films also make me appreciate the medium a bit more. I find the use of various camera angles, lighting, etc to tell a story much more interesting that the seemingly endless exposition of some of the big budget films.  "The Assistant" is probably the last movie I watched that did this well. I know that film has its critics but I enjoyed it.

You said it: "balance"

I need it, blockbusters, empty not-thinking films, and... films that needs an effort, or patience, or pay extra attention... to open my mind.

Yes, I need it. 

Good for mind, but also good to don't have a feeling about to be loosing time. Or feel that I don't take new steps.

When I see too much films of one of this two positions, I need the other.

And yes, sometimes it's about enjoying, other times about the process, and other times... at least for mi.... it's like an event, not to recognice something that I already know, but to let me go and face something unexpected, dificult, or different; like another kind of experience, saying to myself: "lest's see where it takes me".

Sometimes goes well, sometimes goes bad. Yes.

But both for auteur or experimental films, as well as for commercial films.

PS: Thank you for your comments! ;) 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Thursday all! I think I would have just cried if that happened to me @Casiusco, and then politely ask her to leave my man cave now.

I was listening this that woman, and I felt like Hannibal Lecter in "Red Dragon", as if that lady were the musician who previously was out of tune.

YEs, she was a good candidate to the next dinner.... :P 

• Haha 5

15 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Does this thing EVER move?!!

S8JOGqd.jpg

no not really you do aload of stuff then they move the goal posts then is unachievable.

i have you know when they first switched it on most of us where at the top ranking like me mike hollywood been here years with highest post count etc etc

then like 3 days later we where all down a level and i had at the time 183,000 points til next rank pmsl

now like 6-8 months later im 121,538 till next rank

so like to think at that rate for me its about a year at least with average of 140 likes a day, its complete joke really.

the average user will never reach that ever in ten years.

so i just ignore it xD 

basil xD 

• Haha 3

5 minutes ago, Basil said:

no not really you do aload of stuff then they move the goal posts then is unachievable.

i have you know when they first switched it on most of us where at the top ranking like me mike hollywood been here years with highest post count etc etc

then like 3 days later we where all down a level and i had at the time 183,000 points til next rank pmsl

now like 6-8 months later im 121,538 till next rank

so like to think at that rate for me its about a year at least with average of 140 likes a day, its complete joke really.

the average user will never reach that ever in ten years.

so i just ignore it xD 

basil xD 

Well that's depressing. 

Sad Bunny GIF

Did Mike set the bell curve? 😆

• Haha 3

oh yes good morning checking with you all, reason i say that was in hospital A&E yesterday carted away in an ambulance xD 

they wanted me to go to hospital tests to see if my brain was alright xD 

turns out im ok but there not sure about the scanner now xD 

and now today back at work after a good sleep, sat in the ambulance for 3.5 hours as there was a queue at the hospital (whole thing took about 12hrs) 🙄

anyway turns out im ok and NOT had a stroke, so pleased with that.

From Russia With Love Cat GIF by James Bond 007

(thats for you lindy ☝️xD )

Good Morning GIF by TravisNot Dead Yet Rogermoore GIF by James Bond 007

200.gifGame Of Thrones Reaction GIF by Bud Light

basil xD 

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Well that's depressing. 

Sad Bunny GIF

Did Mike set the bell curve? 😆

think it was john could not could stomach the idea that mike would be a grand master more like xD 

only people i know that are be admin like @extantsrevenge who post that much would get it really.

all joking aside think mike must be grand master now he posted lots since then 

even @Hollywood E Rock is not a grand master yet which will upset him cos i like to call him grand master flash from back in the day xD 

Cracking Up Lol GIF

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Basil said:

oh yes good morning checking with you all, reason i say that was in hospital A&E yesterday carted away in an ambulance xD 

they wanted me to go to hospital tests to see if my brain was alright xD 

turns out im ok but there not sure about the scanner now xD 

and now today back at work after a good sleep, sat in the ambulance for 3.5 hours as there was a queue at the hospital (whole thing took about 12hrs) 🙄

anyway turns out im ok and NOT had a stroke, so pleased with that.

From Russia With Love Cat GIF by James Bond 007

(thats for you lindy ☝️xD )

Good Morning GIF by TravisNot Dead Yet Rogermoore GIF by James Bond 007

200.gifGame Of Thrones Reaction GIF by Bud Light

basil xD 

No long term effects of childhood exploits?

homer simpson GIFx ray homer GIF

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you were able to get quick medical care and that everything checked out okay.  👍

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

No long term effects of childhood exploits?

homer simpson GIFx ray homer GIF

In all seriousness though, I'm glad you were able to get quick medical care and that everything checked out okay.  👍

the only scary bit was when the room was spinning really bad like being on a roundabout, if my wife not been next to me to grab her i would have gone down like a sack of spuds onto the brick mantle piece and would have done some real damage to myself.

the 12 hour migraine before that should been a warning sign did not even think about that if im honest just got on with it as normal, pills where not shifting it 3 lots.

so ill take my lucky stars im all good really.

the only other sh1t bit was dam needles and then a cannula stuffed up inside my elbow. I HATE NEEDLES 🤮

anyway im good now thank god, so thats a win 👍

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

basil 👍

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, Basil said:

the only scary bit was when the room was spinning really bad like being on a roundabout, if my wife not been next to me to grab her i would have gone down like a sack of spuds onto the brick mantle piece and would have done some real damage to myself.

the 12 hour migraine before that should been a warning sign did not even think about that if im honest just got on with it as normal, pills where not shifting it 3 lots.

so ill take my lucky stars im all good really.

the only other sh1t bit was dam needles and then a cannula stuffed up inside my elbow. I HATE NEEDLES 🤮

anyway im good now thank god, so thats a win 👍

Happy Season 17 GIF by The Simpsons

basil 👍

Huge win. 👍

I'm not the biggest fan of needles either. That being said, I'll take one in the elbow before the back of the hand. I can't stand it when they use my hand.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Huge win. 👍

I'm not the biggest fan of needles either. That being said, I'll take one in the elbow before the back of the hand. I can't stand it when they use my hand.

im not sure they could use my left hand as i have a massive titanium plate in there xD 

only thing is inside of elbow is bruising up a bit gone that red bruising.

anyway got in early to work this morning around 4.30am try to catch up, no one here till 6.30am earliest. xD 

so far my unit cross fingers is towing the line and vacuuming down well, so hope to have it all done by lunch when im supposed to finish.

but need to get it done as off next 2 weeks for hopefully my house move, so need some good luck and wishes from yourself great believer in karma :D

lets hope the exchange happens today of the contracts and hopefully move next wednesday 🤞 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsPlease Help GIF by Rosanna Pansino

basil 🤞

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

im not sure they could use my left hand as i have a massive titanium plate in there xD 

only thing is inside of elbow is bruising up a bit gone that red bruising.

anyway got in early to work this morning around 4.30am try to catch up, no one here till 6.30am earliest. xD 

so far my unit cross fingers is towing the line and vacuuming down well, so hope to have it all done by lunch when im supposed to finish.

but need to get it done as off next 2 weeks for hopefully my house move, so need some good luck and wishes from yourself great believer in karma :D

lets hope the exchange happens today of the contracts and hopefully move next wednesday 🤞 🤞🤞🤞🤞

Best Wishes Reaction GIF by GIPHY Studios OriginalsPlease Help GIF by Rosanna Pansino

basil 🤞

Wishing you high productivity at work and luck with the house!

Han Solo Good Luck GIF by Star Wars

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1