IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

So my kids were like why doesn't dad have an Advent calendar, as they have lego ones.  Well now I have one as well that my wife surprised me with, and it has chocolate and other treats.  I am almost as excited as them.  First one had dark chocolate and next had a truffle.  I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Sticking Tina Fey GIF

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

So my kids were like why doesn't dad have an Advent calendar, as they have lego ones.  Well now I have one as well that my wife surprised me with, and it has chocolate and other treats.  I am almost as excited as them.  First one had dark chocolate and next had a truffle.  I feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Sticking Tina Fey GIF

Im contemplating picking one up today for myself 😆 Why should the Kids have all the fun right?! 😂

• Haha 6

Saturday Saturday alright alright!!

I woke up optimistic that . . .

@Boilersteel will soon be taking stair steps two at a time

@damships dog is fully recovered from Thanksgiving

@Reagh’s DK OC re-animated itself in the night and is fully intact

@upmaniac is recovering nicely and will continue flexing his collection with more awards

Enjoy the weekend everybody!

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Wanted to share this here as I just found it weird but worth noting.  This was something I have noticed about recent purchasing from Zavvi.

FYI something changed with the Zavvi website recently and for some reason the US site prices are much higher than the UK site ones in pounds (even after currency conversion).  Change Region and Language to United Kingdom, but even with that it gives the elevated price if you use US dollars or Euros, so in addition to that above you need to change currencies to pounds GBP, and then finally that will get you the reduced price.  Then hopefully find a credit card that doesn't charge conversion fees.

This is a new hoop to jump through with Zavvi that could cost you a lot of money, so just be aware of this weird issue.

Note this doesn't hold true for all items, so it is best to look at each item individually with the different regions and currencies to find the best prices. It definitely seems like the case for the MCU mondo steelbooks, The Fifth Element, Monsterverse collection, and Matrix collection steelbooks.

Edited by Boilersteel
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

9 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

Wanted to share this here as I just found it weird but worth noting.  This was something I have noticed about recent purchasing from Zavvi.

FYI something changed with the Zavvi website recently and for some reason the US site prices are much higher than the UK site ones in pounds (even after currency conversion).  Change Region and Language to United Kingdom, but even with that it gives the elevated price if you use US dollars or Euros, so in addition to that above you need to change currencies to pounds GBP, and then finally that will get you the reduced price.  Then hopefully find a credit card that doesn't charge conversion fees.

This is a new hoop to jump through with Zavvi that could cost you a lot of money, so just be aware of this weird issue.

Note this doesn't hold true for all items, so it is best to look at each item individually with the different regions and currencies to find the best prices. It definitely seems like the case for the MCU mondo steelbooks, though.

Absolutely worth the effort going back and forth, checking prices.  I didn't know this was new, it's been that way since I've been making orders.  Good to know.

I just saved myself about $200 on a big order(s) by checking both US/UK USD/GPB.

Sometimes sales are even drastically different on the same item.

Another note on pre-orders - they don't adjust to lowest price, as I'm sure many of you know.  I keep a spread sheet of pre-orders and if the price drops, just start a chat on Zavvi and they will give you a credit to your account for the difference.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

45 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Another note on pre-orders - they don't adjust to lowest price, as I'm sure many of you know.  I keep a spread sheet of pre-orders and if the price drops, just start a chat on Zavvi and they will give you a credit to your account for the difference.

Thats not necessarily true .. I preordered the Star Trek Strange New Worlds Season 1 Steelbook at £59.99 and when I check my preorder list  it is now £39.99….

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

Thats not necessarily true .. I preordered the Star Trek Strange New Worlds Season 1 Steelbook at £59.99 and when I check my preorder list  it is now £39.99….

Oh that's awesome.

Yeah, that hasn't happened for me.  I wonder if it's a USD thing.  I had to ask for credits for Casablanca and TOC Star Trek and a couple of others.  If they sell out in pre-order then obviously it doesn't matter.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Oh that's awesome.

Yeah, that hasn't happened for me.  I wonder if it's a USD thing.  I had to ask for credits for Casablanca and TOC Star Trek and a couple of others.  If they sell out in pre-order then obviously it doesn't matter.

It wouldn’t shock me if it’s a US thing. They tend to ignore the US site a bit…

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

Have a Great Saturday everyone. Plenty of Trees going up this weekend I should imagine? 🎄

The tree is a bit of a sore subject around our house.

We have a pre-lit artificial tree that is four levels. I spent HOURS working on the first level because half of the lights were out. I was changing bulbs and fuses and wasn’t having much luck. I must have accidentally bumped a loose bulb and the thing suddenly lights up again. Huzzah!

Celebrate Double Dare GIF by Nickelodeon

Well, I’m out of the house for a few hours and I come home and notice the tree a bit askew. Turns out the kids were running around it. Guess what? Lights out again!

Stressed Over It GIF by HULU

I spent another hour or two with the bulbs and find the source of the issue. I mark these bulbs with some of my daughter’s barrettes so I know which ones to change once some new bulbs come in. So, I go upstairs for some well-earned rest and not 10 minutes later I hear my daughter yelling at my son “Don’t touch that!”. Guess who removed the barrettes??

Scared Oh No GIF

Back to square one…and there’s three more levels of this $**@.

Christmas Vacation GIF by filmeditor

• Haha 6
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

Note this doesn't hold true for all items, so it is best to look at each item individually with the different regions and currencies to find the best prices. It definitely seems like the case for the MCU mondo steelbooks, The Fifth Element, Monsterverse collection, and Matrix collection steelbooks.

Thank you for the heads up!

22 days until Christmas!

• Like 6