IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Good morning, everybody!

Ā 

Today there is a bit of fog in the city, as if someone had put a lid right on top of us.

But it's appreciated, a little calm in this intense sun.

Ā 

Of course, the climate is changing. Now it's kind of crazy. It has changed a lot since I was a teenager: the real summer starts later, ends later, sometimes it rains when it never rained, or it's excessively hot; as soon as you don't see clouds in months, as it doesn't stop raining. You never know.Ā 

Ā 

One of the last years I have come to wear a t-shirt at Christmas, and have to bundle up in May.

Ā 

A couple of weeks of cold and rain can suddenly come to you in summer, and you can be on the beach the first week of October in flat autumn.

Ā 

Now choosing vacation weeks is like playing roulette.

Ā 

But the farmers have it worse: some heat arrives, the fruits and flowers are born, suddenly an intense cold arrives... and it burns everything.

Ā 

I hope that, whatever it is, you are well, and that you can enjoy yourself a little. After the last few years, we all need it! :)

Ā 

Have a nice day!

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Veum said:

šŸ„¤šŸ¤ Ā last night was the 1st night I did not need the morphine pill although still having trouble sleeping good enoughā€¦ Wed. Going to take another blood test to see if Iā€™m still slightly elevated! šŸ˜‘ šŸ©øĀ 

Ā 

Funny thing is my personal doctor predicted my pain would probably go away this weekend & he was right (seems most likely it was a gastro/intestinal virus which can still give severe pain in sides/back).Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

Ā 

Take care, @Veum

Ā 

And don't forget, if you can, to try to enjoy the summer a little. Drink something delicious, rest, take a little trip, take advantage of the sun, delicious food, be with friends.

Ā 

That's my recipe!

Ā 

It won't take away your pain, of course, but it will make everything a little easier.Ā 

Ā 

Tell this to your doctor, and I'm sure he'll tell you that I'm right. ;)Ā 

• Like 4

22 hours ago, Veum said:

šŸ„¤šŸ¤ Ā last night was the 1st night I did not need the morphine pill although still having trouble sleeping good enoughā€¦ Wed. Going to take another blood test to see if Iā€™m still slightly elevated! šŸ˜‘ šŸ©øĀ 

Ā 

Funny thing is my personal doctor predicted my pain would probably go away this weekend & he was right (seems most likely it was a gastro/intestinal virus which can still give severe pain in sides/back).Ā šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Ā 

Bored Gilligans Island GIF by TV Land Classic

A virus definitely better than other options. Glad youā€™re starting to feel better šŸ‘

• Like 5

One step forward, two steps back as I tried to sleep in my own bed but was not to be as I had to retreat to my chair AGAIN šŸ„±Ā 

Ā 

The main side/back pains have subsided but I can feel it is still dormant & could flair up at any time. Needless to say this has left me more tired & sluggish then I want to be. šŸ˜žĀ 

Ā 

Having slight pain in both arms, Iā€™m just falling apart & too young of an age for this to be happening to meā€¦ oh well Iā€™ll endure like I always do & hope for better days/ nights, send a litttle šŸ™ for ā€˜Ol Veum he can use it! šŸ˜”Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

• Like 5

• ā˜… Administrators ā˜…
12 minutes ago, Veum said:

One step forward, two steps back as I tried to sleep in my own bed but was not to be as I had to retreat to my chair AGAIN šŸ„±Ā 

Ā 

The main side/back pains have subsided but I can feel it is still dormant & could flair up at any time. Needless to say this has left me more tired & sluggish then I want to be. šŸ˜žĀ 

Ā 

Having slight pain in both arms, Iā€™m just falling apart & too young of an age for this to be happening to meā€¦ oh well Iā€™ll endure like I always do & hope for better days/ nights, send a litttle šŸ™ for ā€˜Ol Veum he can use it! šŸ˜”Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

Hang in there buddy!!! šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»šŸ™šŸ»

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Never got a chance to see it, but it definitely looks interesting. Iā€™ll add it to the list!

Ā 

I really like how the film mixes the impressive fight and competition, with the human side, how they assumed it inside, how that sport fight, its tension and consequences, affected them beyond the topics and the public image.Ā 

• Like 3

RIP MONTY NORMAN (1928-2022)

Monty-Norman-The-composer-of-the-theme-s

It is with great sadness that I just learned of the passing of Mr. Monty Norman, composer of the James Bond Theme (and the accompanying soundtrack for Dr. No).

Outside of this unique contribution, he was not a very well known composer and it's doubtful if his theme would have been as successful had John Barry's genius arrangment not transformed it into such an enduring and iconic piece of film music.

He died aged 94, leaving the world an immortal piece for which he will forever be remembered - not a bad legacy.

Ā 

• Sad 13

26 minutes ago, damships said:

Hanging these bad boys up today and tomorrow. But, before I doā€¦who wants to have a lightsaber fight in the backyard. šŸ˜ˆ

Ā 

the phantom menace jedi GIF

70BDB2C0-726F-42AC-8307-D1F75AD61D73.jpeg

Ā 

@damshipsĀ are you going to clip them on the wall like pairs of them fighting if not may i suggest that could be very cool if you have the spare wall space to do so?

• Like 4