IGNORED

THE BATMAN

xSNAKExPLISSKENx

5 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

Robbie was on a tv show for a bit, blade was like twenty years ago, JW isn't a superhero, and batman's never had one. I think muscle car was the exact way to go, we've already had a bunch of crazy high tech batmobile why not something that seems like he made it himself. 

You think Bruce Wayne tinkers like Dom Toretto do you? 🤣🤣

Fair enough if that’s your opinion mate, but it doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Haha 2

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Fortis93 said:

I'd also add the style of direction and cinematography. A lot of David Fincher vibes there, too.

Just of curiosity, what's everyone's favourite Batman film?

Has to be Batman Returns , just piping Batman to the spot .

so in order

Batman Returns 

Batman 

Batman Begins 

The Dark Knight

4 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

He has the most plot armor of any fictional character ever. Hes always "prepared" for any situation possible. Hes always "right", etc. 

I also hate captain America 

WITH THAT STATEMENT 

I Love You Lova Ya GIF

• Haha 6

4 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

I also hate captain America 

4 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

WITH THAT STATEMENT 

I Love You Lova Ya GIF

giphy.gif

Not Steve MotherFu#king Rogers???!!!!

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

Has to be Batman Returns , just piping Batman to the spot .

so in order

Batman Returns 

Batman 

Batman Begins 

The Dark Knight

I can get down with this list 😘

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

Fair enough if that’s your opinion mate, but it doesn’t sit right with me at all.

Honestly yeah. I'd much rather see a smart detective Bruce Wayne that builds his own gadgets than an average intelligence batman that just takes pre existing military tech and has someone paint it black for him, or just literally buys it from china

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Intentcoin said:

Honestly yeah. I'd much rather see a smart detective Bruce Wayne that builds his own gadgets than an average intelligence batman that just takes pre existing military tech and has someone paint it black for him, or just literally buys it from china

I think you missed my point mate but that’s cool 😂👍🏼🍻

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

giphy.gif

Not Steve MotherFu#king Rogers???!!!!

I can get down with this list 😘

giphy.gif

Have you ONLY just found THAT OUT 

confused cat GIF

Chris Evans was WAISTED as Capt America 

HE could have done so much more with the character  not so paint by numbers and an emotional soggie cold sponge  

Squeezing Sponge GIF - Sponge SpongeSqueeze SqueezingSponge GIFs

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

@Pbsw23 

Thinking about it they both do have a lot in common, their all about “FAMILY” & they both are prepared for anything & no matter the circumstances are completely unfazed by the dangers they are in. Damn I can’t wait for Toretto to become a Justice League member 😂

• Haha 5

12 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Pbsw23 

Thinking about it they both do have a lot in common, their all about “FAMILY” & they both are prepared for anything & no matter the circumstances are completely unfazed by the dangers they are in. Damn I can’t wait for Toretto to become a Justice League member 😂

I swear, if Batman hints that the Muscle car due to be a Batmobile was his dead Dads treasured project, I’m walking out 😂🙌🏼

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Haha 4

40 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

@Scary Hair

No I knew how you felt, but I have never asked you to unpack your feelings why you feel this way.

HE could have done so much more with the character  not so paint by numbers and an emotional soggie cold sponge  

I agree there was a lot of story left on the table, but I don’t believe Chris Evans was wasted. Throughout all the movies Steve Rogers goes through a lot of different emotions.

He has to deal with being a man from a different time, he lost his first love due to his duty to his country so he is dealing with regret.

His best friend becomes one of his biggest enemies & it’s not by choice. He also is dealing with being the symbol for America, he represents all of what’s great about America, but America isn’t prefect & that is conflicting for him, because he has honor. 

All this & he also has to be the leader of a Superhero team. I think besides for Tony Stark, Steve Rogers has the most to deal with as a character. 

Edited by Hollywood E Rock
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

giphy.gif

confused cat GIF

Squeezing Sponge GIF - Sponge SpongeSqueeze SqueezingSponge GIFs

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

Are you telling us, that you have Actually sat and watched these now Ann?!! 😱🤣👍🏼

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Scary Hair

No I knew how you felt, but I have never asked you to unpack your feelings why you feel this way.

I agree there was a lot of story left on the table, but I don’t believe Chris Evans was wasted. Throughout all the movies Steve Rogers goes through a lot of different emotions.

He has to deal with being a man from a different time, he lost his first love due to his duty to his country so he is dealing with regret.

His best friend becomes one of his biggest enemies & it’s not by choice. He also is dealing with being the symbol for America, he represents all of what’s great about America, but America isn’t prefect & that is conflicting for him, because is has honor. 

All this & he also has to be the leader of a Superhero team. I think besides for Tony Stark, Steve Rogers has the most to deal with as a character. 

As I say AS a viewer WE all SEE different things .

For me the connection was not there , MAYBE IF i had have seen Capt America before Avengers Assemble that would have helped .

because I saw them out of order I think it messed with my head and it was a WTF Chris Evans from Capt to Curtis Everett 

PRIME Example and a thread Hijack in a way . I WILL come back to The Batman

I saw BlackKlansman at the weekend , I was Bowled over by Adam Driver and his performance .

I HAVE NOT  seen him in the Star Wars Movies  not my thing either .

IF I had I may not have come to the conclusion that I think he is a FANTASTIC Actor .

Robert Patterson as Cedric Digory In Goblet Of Fire  he was bang on in that role ,

Twilight no way do not want GIF

NOW I hope I am wrong and Patterson Nails both Wayne and The Bat as to me Wayne is always the more complex shoes to step into as he has no anonymity due to his name .

THAT is what Batman Begins did so cleverly that Wayne ended up as a no one in Tibet .

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

Are you telling us, that you have Actually sat and watched these now Ann?!! 😱🤣👍🏼

No i get board . 

OHHH BIG Bad  going to distroy the earth .

NO its Ok Marvel is here 

All good back to the squil football score cards 

Thor 4 - Doctor Strange 2

Spiderman 3 - Iron Man 3

Black Widow 1 - GOTG 3

• Haha 4

7 minutes ago, Scary Hair said:

As I say AS a viewer WE all SEE different things .

For me the connection was not there , MAYBE IF i had have seen Capt America before Avengers Assemble that would have helped .

because I saw them out of order I think it messed with my head and it was a WTF Chris Evans from Capt to Curtis Everett 

@Scary Hair

You’re right, seeing them out of order has effected how you view the characters & you are also right about how he was used in the first Avengers movie. I was a little disappointed after viewing that movie because I didn’t believe the Director did a good enough job showcasing why Captain America is the Leader of the Team. 

Unfortunately sometimes with movies there is politics at play, & because Ironman’s character was established first & his movies where successful they spent a little to much time on Tony Stark. It’s safe to do so because the most popular character sells tickets, but the downside to that is other important characters to the story get shortchanged.

Captain America’s character is redeemed in his own sequel film The Winter Soldier. Every film after that Captain America is showcased as he should be, but there was some story elements that could have been explored more.

PRIME Example and a thread Hijack in a way . I WILL come back to The Batman

I saw BlackKlansman at the weekend , I was Bowled over by Adam Driver and his performance .

I HAVE NOT  seen him in the Star Wars Movies  not my thing either . IF I had I may not have

come to the conclusion that I think he is a FANTASTIC Actor .

As a Star Wars fan who hasn’t liked the new movies all that much, I can honestly say Adam Driver was actually really good. Least with what they gave him to work with.

Robert Patterson as Cedric Digory In Goblet Of Fire  he was bang on in that role ,

Twilight 🤢🤮

NOW I hope I am wrong and Patterson Nails both Wayne and The Bat as to me Wayne is always the more complex shoes to step into as he has no anonymity due to his name .

THAT is what Batman Begins did so cleverly that Wayne ended up as a no one in Tibet .

I think Robert was good in both series, & I believe people unfairly judge his acting abilities. The guy has done a lot of other movies since The Twilight series. But in his defense of the character in Twilight he played the role as it should have been played. It’s a goofy Teen Romance movie about vampires who sparkle In sunlight. I mean is there really any other way to play those characters then how all the actors did 😂?

I like those movies, (I would never say their good, least not by traditional standards) I had more fun watching them with my sister then I expected. People talk so badly about them, but they fall right in line with a lot of other teen entertainment. 

Anyways I have a lot of issues with Batman these days but Robert isn’t one of them. He wouldn’t have been my first pick for Batman, (He seems more like Robin/NightWing to me) but I do believe he has what it takes to pull off whatever it is Matt Reeves wants from him. Hopefully we all like what is presented, so far there is a lot of excitement which is good.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@Hollywood E Rock

The Telepathic Werewolf thing KILLED Twilight .

as well as the sparkles , COME ON admit  A vampie IS a cold souless killing machine not a glitter babe 

NOW I did not know Iron Man as a entity , Yes Hulk Bill Bixby as a Kid  same with Spiderman the animated and live action ,

I hooked onto the more weird and wonderful Marvel 

Dr Strange , Blade Morbius looking forward to that one By the way .

6 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Scary Hair

You’re right, seeing them out of order has effected how you view the characters & you are also right about how he was used in the first Avengers movie. I was a little disappointed after viewing that movie because I didn’t believe the Director did a good enough job showcasing why Captain America is the Leader of the Team. 

Unfortunately sometimes with movies there is politics at play, & because Ironman’s character was established first & his movies where successful they spent a little to much time on Tony Stark. It’s safe to do so because the most popular character sells tickets, but the downside to that is other important characters to the story get shortchanged.

Captain America’s character is redeemed in his own sequel film The Winter Soldier. Every film after that Captain America is showcased as he should be, but there was some story elements that could have been explored more.

As a Star Wars fan who hasn’t liked the new movies all that much, I can honestly say Adam Driver was actually really good. Least with what they gave him to work with.

I think Robert was good in both series, & I believe people unfairly judge his acting abilities. The guy has done a lot of other movies since The Twilight series. But in his defense of the character in Twilight he played the role as it should have been played. It’s a goofy Teen Romance movie about vampires who sparkle In sunlight. I mean is there really any other way to play those characters then how all the actors did 😂?

I like those movies, (I would never say their good, least not by traditional standards) I had more fun watching them with my sister then I expected. People talk so badly about them, but they fall right in line with a lot of other teen entertainment. 

Anyways I have a lot of issues with Batman these days but Robert isn’t one of them. He wouldn’t have been my first pick for Batman, (He seems more like Robin/NightWing to me) but I do believe he has what it takes to pull off whatever it is Matt Reeves wants from him. Hopefully we all like what is presented, so far there is a lot of excitement which is good.

Cool Cat Hello GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals  Doctor Who Quite Right Too GIF - DoctorWho QuiteRightToo GIFsKiss GIF

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

@Hollywood E Rock

The Telepathic Werewolf thing KILLED Twilight .

as well as the sparkles , COME ON admit  A vampie IS a cold souless killing machine not a glitter babe 

@Scary Hair

I liked the telepathic werewolf story point. It makes sense to me because humans seems to imprint on their love ones in real life. Now what I didn’t like is the fact that Jacob imprinted on the baby. That poor guy deserved his own love interest.

Ann when Edward stepped out into the sun & he started sparkling, I laughed my a$$ off! I never want to lose that memory. There are some Comedies that haven’t had me laughing that hard! 

Plus after giving it some thought, having vampires sparkle in sunlight makes them even more non threatening. If you see someone glowing in the sun like diamonds you’re not thinking their a killing machine. The aspect is silly as all hell, but it does make vampires friendly, which can aid them in hunting humans.

1 minute ago, Scary Hair said:

NOW I did not know Iron Man as a entity , Yes Hulk Bill Bixby as a Kid  same with Spiderman the animated and live action ,

I hooked onto the more weird and wonderful Marvel 

Dr Strange , Blade Morbius looking forward to that one By the way .

Spider-Man the animated series is the best version of the character to date! We are on the same page as far as being excited for those upcoming characters movies.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Scary Hair said:

THAT is what Batman Begins did so cleverly that Wayne ended up as a no one in Tibet

That is batmans story though..... just because they may not show us in every 2 hour movie doesn't change that he ran away and spent years of his youth chasing down mentors to train from the best of the best. Maybe the movie you are looking for is not "The Batman" its just "Wayne: the prequel"

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Scary Hair

Wow... If today I learned something is that I think very similar to you on these topics...

spockminds.gif

• Haha 3

9 hours ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Whats wrong with this? Ever read Gotham Central By Brubaker?

Haven't we just gone through ‘Gotham’

Plus (and this is just my opinion) every single DC series made for television has been so poor. Every DC fan points to the fact that “DC is darker than Marvel” or “Marvel is for Kids” but those TV series are so far removed from “Dark” and the acting couldn’t be any more wooden.

Again, just my opinion but announcing you’re going to do a linked series before the movie is even out, just pales on desperation and cashing in. 

Edited by Pbsw23
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

every single DC series made for television has been so poor

yizngvE.gif.89e9baf7ef50c041167cd3c0003d7f5b.gif

You ever seen titans, doom patrol, or swamp thing?

And if you're referring to the CW shows because they're actually on tv and those aren't. My answer would be that the gotham pd series won't be for tv either itll be for HBOmax and it's being produced by HBO not "CW for teens"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

yizngvE.gif.89e9baf7ef50c041167cd3c0003d7f5b.gif

You ever seen titans, doom patrol, or swamp thing?

And if you're referring to the CW shows because they're actually on tv and those aren't. My answer would be that the gotham pd series won't be for tv either itll be for HBOmax and it's being produced by HBO not "CW for teens"

Haven’t seen Doom Patrol so I cant comment. I have seen Titans & didn’t like it, and I heard Swamp Thing got canned really early so never bothered, though the trailer for that did look decent.

Like I said just my opinion mate, if it’s your bag then that’s cool, I’m not going to argue the credentials of every series. I also didn’t like some of the Marvel stuff so I’m not being bias. I’m just saying that DC have used some big guns in their series already, and for me they were really quite poor.

I am sure there are DC series I haven’t seen that are decent, but it Still doesn’t alter the fact they appear to be using a Batman movie, to launch (another) Gotham PD series. Each to their own, but I’m pretty sure I’ll be giving that a miss. I stuck with Gotham the whole way and it had its ups & downs, but I’m not ready to do it again, with yet another back story change. 

• Like 1