IGNORED

THE BATMAN

xSNAKExPLISSKENx

3 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

There is no hate mate. Just tired of feeling let down by DC in recent times. 

Its great that the majority of MP seem to love and enjoy them, but they some continuity now. They need to stop messing with different stories/takes/actors & just do themselves proud. 

I disagree, they need to stop trying to do marvel, the reason DC animated absolutely destroys marvel animated is they understand that we know these characters and don't need some long drawn out story. Dc is best with bursts of small self contained stories that are complete packages. I want dc movies to continue with this. Not some dumbed down drawn out "universe". Just give me amazing, potent and well made stories that stand on their own. Again just my opinion. Its what they do best. 

And as for the batmobile I think its perfect year two batman. Remember, he is NEW, he has all but just returned from spending years all over the world training himself to be the bat. He doesn't necessarily have the access to military grade tanks...... so what would be more tangible? He needs something fast so a truck or jeep would not exactly cut it. But a Lamborghini would shred like a cheese grater the first time he hit a curb so he needs something tough and extremely fast... enter mad max eske muscle car. I think that is extremely logical.

Again, all opinions are valid, this one is mine.

• Like 4

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

We all have our favourite Batman’s and our fav Batman movies, but I think we can all agree he needs a proper revival.

I’m actually tired/sick of Batman... I feel it sooo frikin overused... 

I could of happily waited another 5 years or so for his “revival”... 9_9

Am I going to watch it?? Of course...

Am I going to buy some premium?? Hell yeah!!! HDZeta OC for me!!! xD

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, LeGonze said:

WRONG! WE NEED BATMAN EVERY YEAAAAAAAAR ;)

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, LeGonze said:

It feels like that’s the only thing DC has... And it’s just a shame!! :(

I think they've established good characters in WW, Aquaman and Shazam. And if we really want to go there superman as far more movies I believe. Not good ones. But more none the less.

Also let's not forget, the last "Batman" movie was TDKR in 2012.... 8 years ago. 9 or 10 by the time this movie actually releases. Almost a decade. Let that sink in ;)

Dc, also isn't as vast as Marvel with a million vanilla characters. Its more condensed.

That said I realllllly want a GOOD Green Lantern flick.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Also remember guys that this movie is made in Year 2... Batman didn’t built that technology enpire in less than 2 years... :D

He had to start somewhere... I like that Idea of starting at a Muscle Car... ;)

Exactly, the director even said that he made the suit himself. It wasnt some military suit that fox had in a basement somewhere. 

19 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

I disagree, they need to stop trying to do marvel, the reason DC animated absolutely destroys marvel animated is they understand that we know these characters and don't need some long drawn out story. Dc is best with bursts of small self contained stories that are complete packages. I want dc movies to continue with this. Not some dumbed down drawn out "universe". Just give me amazing, potent and well made stories that stand on their own. Again just my opinion. Its what they do best. 

And as for the batmobile I think its perfect year two batman. Remember, he is NEW, he has all but just returned from spending years all over the world training himself to be the bat. He doesn't necessarily have the access to military grade tanks...... so what would be more tangible? He needs something fast so a truck or jeep would not exactly cut it. But a Lamborghini would shred like a cheese grater the first time he hit a curb so he needs something tough and extremely fast... enter mad max eske muscle car. I think that is extremely logical.

As much as I love connected universes and would like to see one, I'd rather have good movies and if that means no universe, I'm fine with that

17 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

I actually hate batman, but we haven't really gotten a year 2 batman yet

1 minute ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Also let's not forget, the last "Batman" movie was TDKR in 2012.... 8 years ago. 9 or 10 by the time this movie actually releases. Almost a decade. Let that sink in ;)

I say BvS counts as a batman movie, I mean, we got the origin and everything. 

6 minutes ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Dc, also isn't as vast as Marvel with a million vanilla characters. Its more condensed.

Hey, we dont have to diss marvel to like dc. Both can be good

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

Hey, we dont have to diss marvel to like dc. Both can be good

Soooooooo many vanilla characters. They create insane amounts of characters and just abandon them....

14 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

say BvS counts as a batman movie, I mean, we got the origin and everything. 

Found it more to be a JL origin. If there's one thing I don't need anymore its another batman origin. Batman has the most recognized origin of ANY comic character 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Whats there to hate about Bats??? ;)

59 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

He has the most plot armor of any fictional character ever. Hes always "prepared" for any situation possible. Hes always "right", etc. 

I also hate captain America 

Yeah... I remember I didn’t like Superman not even a bit when I was a kid because he was just too perfect... If you don’t have Kryptonite you are doomed... And you know you can’t find that on supermarkets right??xD He was just too perfect for me...

Well... Batman lately has been just that... Basically a “perfect” human being... Like @Intentcoin says... Always knows what to do and he’s always right... Also I’m kind of sick of it because he’s everywhere... Even in some places/events that definitely don’t need him... He just appears and “saves the day”... ugh... (Not talking about movies only, but comics, animation, etc)

And yes... BvS IS a Batman Movie... :D

• Like 5

2 hours ago, xSNAKExPLISSKENx said:

Actually the reason the DC Cinematic Universe isn’t working is actually because they didn’t follow Marvel’s Blueprint. Marvel took time to set up every character, while DC hasn’t properly set their characters up. Warner Brothers have been telling their stories banking off fans already having prior knowledge of the characters coming into the movie. That’s not the way you should tell a story.

We know Batman, but how much do we actually know about Ben’s Batman? We know Superman, but has Henry’s Superman been given enough time to grow into our consciousness. We as an audience haven’t seen enough of this universes Superman to care about him, to love him, to believe in him. He is dead by two movies, that Death of Superman storyline worked in the comics because they literally had years of storytelling. They earned it in the comics! Nothing is earned in these movies. Harley Quinn is the same way. In the movie universe she has found her independence from the Joker, but we never saw their relationship fleshed out. How the hell do I suppose to care about a characters journey when I’m only being given half the journey. 

The reason the animated movies work is because they follow a similar blueprint to Marvel’s Cinematic blueprint. A lot of those movies connect to the animated series universe which has had years to establish the characters. The movies work mostly because at first they was given us version of the characters that we are familiar with. 

I do agree with you that Warner Brothers has done a better job producing singular story’s, but that doesn’t mean they can’t successfully pull off a Cinematic Universe. Their just not going about it in the right manner.

I agree & I’m fine with Batman’s Batmobile, to me it’s a fresh take when comparing to the other versions.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

24 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Actually the reason the DC Cinematic Universe isn’t working is actually because they didn’t follow Marvel’s Blueprint. Marvel took time to set up every character, while DC hasn’t properly set their characters up. Warner Brothers have been telling their stories banking off fans already having prior knowledge of the characters coming into the movie. That’s not the way you should tell a story.

We know Batman, but how much do we actually know about Ben’s Batman? We know Superman, but has Henry’s Superman been given enough time to grow into our consciousness. We as an audience haven’t seen enough of this universes Superman to care about him, to love him, to believe in him. He is dead by two movies, that Death of Superman storyline worked in the comics because they literally had years of storytelling. They earned it in the comics! Nothing is earned in these movies. Harley Quinn is the same way. In the movie universe she has found her independence from the Joker, but we never saw their relationship fleshed out. How the hell do I suppose to care about a characters journey when I’m only being given half the journey. 

The reason the animated movies work is because they follow a similar blueprint to Marvel’s Cinematic blueprint. A lot of those movies connect to the animated series universe which has had years to establish the characters. The movies work mostly because at first they was given us version of the characters that we are familiar with. 

I do agree with you that Warner Brothers has done a better job producing singular story’s, but that doesn’t mean they can’t successfully pull off a Cinematic Universe. Their just not going about it in the right manner.

I agree & I’m fine with Batman’s Batmobile, to me it’s a fresh take when comparing to the other versions.

image.gif.17078a658fcb226b3c68fa72fad2e7f5.gif

• Haha 5

3 hours ago, LeGonze said:

2 hours ago, LeGonze said:

It feels like that’s the only thing DC has... And it’s just a shame!! :(

@LeGonze

I agree, & this is coming from a Batman fan who finds appreciation from all versions. He is definitely overused, & that’s because Hollywood has made an ugly habit out of constantly producing what makes them guaranteed money, which I understand because hell, it’s a business I get it. With that said they could be making way more money if they took the same amount of time producing content for their other characters. 

I think they've established good characters in WW, Aquaman and Shazam. And if we really want to go there superman as far more movies I believe. Not good ones. But more none the less.

That said I realllllly want a GOOD Green Lantern flick.

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx

Warner Brothers has made it very clear that they don’t have the same confidence in any of those other characters like how they have in Batman. He gets the most appearances out of any Superhero from either brand. They struggle producing content that doesn’t feature the character in some kind of way if we are just looking at live action & animated movies.

Found it more to be a JL origin. If there's one thing I don't need anymore its another batman origin. Batman has the most recognized origin of ANY comic character 

I agree about not needing an origin movie, but we should have movies establishing how Batman differs from the past versions. It’s lazy storytelling when WB is banking off my years of comic reading & other content consumption to tell me stories about a brand new Batman.

2 hours ago, Intentcoin said:

He has the most plot armor of any fictional character ever. Hes always "prepared" for any situation possible. Hes always "right", etc. 

I also hate captain America 

@Intentcoin

What you expressed is what has become my problem with the character. WB executives know that Batman is a cash cow, & one way to keep him that way is to always protect him as a character & make sure he always looks cool. The problem with this is that if you’re to heavy handed you ran the risk of making all the other characters he is around look bad & you make a character that is supposed to be human appear to be superhuman. It’s absolutely noway he should be prepared for literally everything. That kind of storytelling was fun in the Adam West version of the character because it was silly & cheesy on purpose, but it has gotten absolutely ridiculous in some of these later stories featuring the character. Why don’t you like Captain America?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@LeGonze

I agree, & this is coming from a Batman fan who finds appreciation from all versions. He is definitely overused, & that’s because Hollywood has made an ugly habit out of constantly producing what makes them guaranteed money, which I understand because hell, it’s a business I get it. With that said they could be making way more money if they took the same amount of time producing content for their other characters. 

@xSNAKExPLISSKENx

Warner Brothers has made it very clear that they don’t have the same confidence in any of those other characters like how they have in Batman. He gets the most appearances out of any Superhero from either brand. They struggle producing content that doesn’t feature the character in some kind of way if we are just looking at live action & animated movies.

I agree about not needing an origin movie, but we should have movies establishing how Batman differs from the past versions. It’s lazy storytelling when WB is banking off my years of comic reading & other content consumption to tell me stories about a brand new Batman.

@Intentcoin

What you expressed is what has become my problem with the character. WB executives know that Batman is a cash cow, & one way to keep him that way is to always protect him as a character & make sure he always looks cool. The problem with this is that if you’re to heavy handed you ran the risk of making all the other characters he is around look bad & you make a character that is supposed to be human appear to be superhuman. It’s absolutely noway he should be prepared for literally everything. That kind of storytelling was fun in the Adam West version of the character because it was silly & cheesy on purpose, but it has gotten absolutely ridiculous in some of these later stories featuring the character. Why don’t you like Captain America?

OMG!!!

Somebody give this good man a Friking Cold Beer!!! Or a few... 

image.gif.cec68ba23823cb0d0f3c9402404b0dfa.gif

You are The Man!!

image.gif

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

. I remember I didn’t like Superman not even a bit when I was a kid because he was just too perfect... If you don’t have Kryptonite you are doomed... And you know you can’t find that on supermarkets right??xD He was just too perfect for me...

I love superman (idk why) but I would like him to go into space and fight some guys at his level

Also @Hollywood E Rock like always

1gqp.gif.43f43eb29c240e7befd6751d9c859683.gif

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Intentcoin said:

I love superman (idk why) but I would like him to go into space and fight some guys at his level

Oh yeah!! 

I actually love MoS... Really liked it... Not a perfect Superman and fighting equall folks!!

Cant wait for MoS2!!...;)

And yes I still want that Super Awesome Green Lanter Corps movie.. :x

• Like 3

1 hour ago, LeGonze said:

Yeah... I remember I didn’t like Superman not even a bit when I was a kid because he was just too perfect... If you don’t have Kryptonite you are doomed... And you know you can’t find that on supermarkets right??xD He was just too perfect for me...

And yes... BvS IS a Batman Movie... :D

Yeah over the years writers have done a disservice to Superman. He wasn’t always this powerful to the point where basically he can just punch his way out of situations. I believe Superman’s powers should be toned down some. He is faster than a speeding bullet, more powerful than a locomotive, can jump a tall building in a single bound.

But after a while he has become way more powerful than that, he is basically how we would imagine a God to be, & that’s too powerful for long term storytelling. That description has limits & writers should take more time exploring those limits. In Man of Steel they made this mistake, General Zod In the movie is described as being groomed from birth to be a Super Soldier, & Superman is a man from a small town.

He hasn’t trained his whole life for combat, but somehow he is able to hang with a war general. Now does it make for some awesome actions scenes....YES it definitely was cool seeing them brawl over the city DBZ style, but it doesn’t make sense storytelling wise. And how does Superman save the day in the movie? With his brain, or with his brawn. I would love to see a Superman story told where Clark has to use his intelligence to defeat a foe. I want the big city action, but I want to feel like Clark is in real danger. Show him struggle, show that his powers does have limits & he can’t just rely on them alone to save the city. Henry Cavill has the acting ability to display this on screen if they just write it on the page.

• Like 3