• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

‘To Catch a Thief’ Remake in the Works With Gal Gadot

Gal Gadot at arrivals for VARIETY

Great news, Gen Z! They’re remaking “To Catch a Thief.”

The Alfred Hitchcock classic first debuted in 1955. It boasted breathtaking Riviera views, as well as Cary Grant being all effortlessly charming and Grace Kelly at peak icy blondness. There was also something about a cat burglar lured out of a comfortable retirement after being framed for a crime he didn’t commit — yada, yada — along with cinema’s most sexually suggestive fireworks display.

The new version is in early development, but Gal Gadot, better known as Wonder Woman and recently seen on Netflix in the crime caper “Red Notice” opposite Ryan Reynolds and Dwayne Johnson, is attached to star. Gadot can next be seen as the Evil Queen in Disney’s live-action remake of “Snow White” and in the long-delayed adaptation of Agatha Christie’s “Death on the Nile.”

The script for the new film is being penned by Eileen Jones, best known for her work on the Fox series “Prodigal Son.” Jones recently closed her deal to write the project, which, one assumes, will be substantially updated to appeal to a generation of filmgoers who don’t know their “Vertigo” from their “Psycho.” The globally popular Gadot should also help with that.

The film is being set up at Paramount, the studio behind the original. Gadot will produce the remake with her partner Jaron Varsano through their company Pilot Wave. “Fast and the Furious’s” Neal Moritz will also produce.

Jones is repped by Verve, Kaplan/Perrone Entertainment and attorney Todd Rubenstein at Barnes Morris. Gadot is repped by WME.

Deadline first reported that Paramount was remaking “To Catch a Thief.”

• Like 3

The Godfather Trilogy 4K Blu-ray

307776_medium.jpg

Pre-order: The Godfather Trilogy [4K UHD] $182.99 March 22, 2022

ParamountParamount Home Media Distribution plans to release on 4K Blu-ray The Godfather Trilogy (1972-1990). The box set is scheduled to arrive on the market on March 22. 

Official description: For the first time in one collection, this is the essential, definitive saga of the Corleone family, overseen by director Francis Ford Coppola, and based on the bestselling novel by Mario Puzo. A global cultural touchstone captivating fans across generations, the enduring cinematic legacy of THE GODFATHER has immeasurably influenced popular culture, and rightfully earned its legacy as one of the greatest in the history of motion pictures. 

Remastered and Restored in 4K with HDR-10 and DOLBY VISION, this collection includes Academy Award winners for Best Picture The Godfather and The Godfather Part II, alongside the acclaimed conclusion Mario Puzo's The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone, as well as an extensive array of new and legacy behind-the-scenes special features.

14076_tn.jpg

71gzdebhCjL._SX522_.jpg8121g872dmL._SL1500_.jpg

Paramount Pictures Celebrates the 50th Anniversary of 
Francis Ford Coppola’s Cinematic Masterpiece

image003.png

Experience the Acclaimed Classic

in Theatres and on Home Entertainment Platforms

HOLLYWOOD, Calif. – January 13, 2022 — In celebration of the 50th anniversary of Francis Ford Coppola’s Academy Award®-winning* masterwork The Godfather, Paramount Pictures announced today that the film will have a limited theatrical release in Dolby Vision beginning February 25, 2022 exclusively in Dolby Cinema at AMC Theatres in the U.S., as well as in international territories around the world. All three films in the epic trilogy have been meticulously restored under the direction of Coppola and will be made available on 4K Ultra HD for the first time ever on March 22, 2022.

“I am very proud of The Godfather, which certainly defined the first third of my creative life,” said Francis Ford Coppola. “With this 50th anniversary tribute, I’m especially proud Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone is included, as it captures Mario and my original vision in definitively concluding our epic trilogy. It’s also gratifying to celebrate this milestone with Paramount alongside the wonderful fans who’ve loved it for decades, younger generations who still find it relevant today, and those who will discover it for the first time.”

Coppola’s masterful film adaptation of Mario Puzo’s novel chronicles the rise and fall of the Corleone family and the film trilogy is rightfully viewed as one of the greatest in cinematic history. In preparation for the 50th anniversary of the first film’s original release on March 24, 1972, Paramount and Coppola’s production company American Zoetrope undertook a painstaking restoration of all three films over the course of three years.

Every effort was made to create the finest possible presentation for today’s audiences who can watch the films using technology that has advanced dramatically since 2007 when the last restoration was completed by eminent film historian and preservationist Robert Harris. Using that work as a blueprint, the team spent thousands of hours to ensure that every frame was evaluated to create the most pristine presentation while remaining true to the original look and feel of the films.

The monumental effort included the following:

• Over 300 cartons of film were scrutinized to find the best possible resolution for every frame of all three films.
  • Over 4,000 hours were spent repairing film stains, tears, and other anomalies in the negatives.
  • Over 1,000 hours were spent on rigorous color correction to ensure the high dynamic range tools were respectful of the original vision of Coppola and cinematographer Gordon Willis.
  • In addition to the 5.1 audio approved by Walter Murch in 2007, the original mono tracks on The Godfather and The Godfather: Part II have been restored.
  • All work was overseen by Coppola.

“We felt privileged to restore these films and a little in awe every day we worked on them,” said Andrea Kalas, senior vice president, Paramount Archives. “We were able to witness first-hand how the brilliant cinematography, score, production design, costume design, editing, performances, and, of course, screenwriting and direction became famously more than the sum of their parts. It was our commitment to honor all of the filmmakers’ exceptional work.”

Newly restored and remastered in Dolby Vision, all three films in the landmark trilogy will be released together with HDR-10 on 4K Ultra HD Digital and 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray™ for the first time ever. The 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray set will include The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, and Coppola’s recently re-edited version of the final film, Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone. The disc set includes legacy commentaries by Coppola, as well as access to Digital copies of The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II and Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone.

In addition to the widely available 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray set, a 4K Ultra HD Limited Collector’s Edition will also be released in deluxe packaging and includes a hardcover coffee table book featuring stunning photographs, as well as portrait art prints on archival paper. Both 4K Ultra HD sets include new bonus content including an introduction to The Godfather by Coppola, a featurette about the preservation process, photos by acclaimed photographer Steve Schapiro, home movie footage, and comparisons of the new restoration to earlier versions of the films. A full list of new and legacy bonus content follows:
1.png

Newly restored and remastered versions of The Godfather, The Godfather: Part II, and Mario Puzo’s THE GODFATHER, Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone will also be available together on Blu-ray™ with access to Digital copies and the new and legacy bonus content detailed above.

*Winner: Best Picture, Best Actor in a Leading Role (Marlon Brando), Best Writing, Screenplay Based on Material from Another Medium, 1973

Nominations: Best Director, Best Actor in a Supporting Role (Al Pacino, James Caan, Robert Duvall), Best Costume Design, Best Sound, Best Film Editing, Best Music, Original Dramatic Score, 1973

“ACADEMY AWARD” and “OSCAR” are the registered trademarks and service marks of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

Thank you for supporting HTF when you preorder using the link below. If you are using an adblocker you will not see link. As an Amazon Associate HTF earns from qualifying purchases

The Godfather Trilogy 4K Blu-ray

United States

The Godfather / The Godfather: Part II / The Godfather Coda: The Death of Michael Corleone / 4K Ultra HD + DigitalParamount Pictures | 1972-1990 | 3 Movies, 5 Cuts | 549 min | Mar 22, 2022 (2 Months)

The Godfather Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray) Temporary cover art

Standard Edition

The Godfather Trilogy [4K UHD] $90.99

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

Steelbook out yesterday at Best Buy…

Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)

I’ve not seen this as of yet, have you… & is it a worthy 🎥? 🧐 

I like this info on the film:

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
1 hour ago, Veum said:

Steelbook out yesterday at Best Buy…

Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)

I’ve not seen this as of yet, have you… & is it a worthy 🎥? 🧐 

I like this info on the film:

I have not seen it, but I've heard that it's pretty depressing. Maybe a good movie, but still hard to watch (if that makes any sense). I did not pull the trigger on it (even though I don't mind challenging content) as I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. I'd be interested to see if any other members have opinions.

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, deckard99 said:

I have not seen it, but I've heard that it's pretty depressing. Maybe a good movie, but still hard to watch (if that makes any sense). I did not pull the trigger on it (even though I don't mind challenging content) as I'm not sure if it's my cup of tea. I'd be interested to see if any other members have opinions.

Watched it once and that was enough as it is indeed quite depressing.

Still worth a watch if only for Ellen Burstyn, who gives what I consider to be among the greatest ever screen performances by an actress (or any actor).

• Like 5

A Christmas Story Christmas (sequel to A Christmas Story)

Quote:
Christmas has come early for Legendary and Warner Bros.

The two companies are gearing up to make a sequel to the yuletide holiday classic, A Christmas Story, closing a deal for Peter Billingsley, the child star of the original 1983 movie, to topline and produce.

Titled A Christmas Story Christmas, the feature will be directed by Clay Kaytis, who already tackled the snowy holiday season with The Christmas Chronicles for Netflix and has a script by Nick Schenk, the writer behind recent Clint Eastwood movies such as Gran Torino and The Mule, sitting under the leg lamp.

While the original movie followed Ralphie, a nine-year old boy who desperately wanted a Red Ryder BB rifle and was set in 1940, the new story will take place in the 1970s and sees an adult Ralphie return to his house on Cleveland Street to deliver his kids a magical Christmas like the one he had growing up.

The studio is hoping to recreate the same real-life tone of the first movie to show the now-father reconnect with childhood friends, reconcile the passing of his Old Man, and callbacks to the initial film.

Production begins February in Hungary.

Billingsley, as an adult, has focused on a behind the camera career. He was a producer on the Broadway Musical adaptation of Christmas Story, which received three Tony nominations, as well as on Jon Favreau’s culinary-themed acting talk show Dinner for Five. He is also an exec producer with Vaughn on Netflix’s animated F is for Family and directed the Universal comedy Couple Retreat.

Kaytis began his career in the animation world, working on Disney’s Frozen and Wreck-It Ralph, and co-directed The Angry Birds Movie.

Billingsley is repped by attorney Mitch Smelkinson while Kaytis by UTA, Artists First, and Binder Weston. Schenk is repped by Management 360 and Lichter Grossman.

A little info about the TCM shop closing soon…

shop.tcm.com

Dear TCM Shop Customer,

The TCM Shop website is winding down on February 22nd. But don’t worry, there is still plenty of classic movie fun in your future.

Our approved partners at Critics’ Choice Video, the classic movie and TV authority since 1987, carry all the entertainment you love, including silent films, rare classic gems, and old favorites. We are confident you’ll enjoy this new shopping experience and it’s easy to get started!

Click here to create an account and enjoy all the DVDs, Blu-rays and 4K Ultra HD titles you love.

Click Here   

We have exciting plans underway for bringing you all the TCM-branded merchandise your classic movie lover’s heart desires.

For questions about existing orders, support is always available. Please visit the website to contact customer service.

Click Here   

Thank you for being a loyal customer of the TCM Shop.

facebook
  • Thanks 1

546135176_MPcowboy.gif.fbc00d9fd456d23575731966da27748f.gif

Kevin Costner Sets Late Summer Start For His Passion Film ‘Horizon,’ Epic Period Western

Kevin Costner

Kevin CostnerDyD Fotografos/Geisler-Fotopress/picture-alliance/dpa/AP Images

Kevin Costner is set to get back behind the camera for the first time since 2003’s critically acclaimed Open Range. Costner will direct the period Western Horizon, setting an August 29 production start in Utah. Costner will star in the film, produce it and finance it through his Territory Pictures production company.

While he has been busy starring for the past few years in the hit series Yellowstone, Horizon has been a longtime passion project for Costner, and one that has the sweep of his 1990 epic Dances With Wolves, the film that won Best Picture and Best Director Oscars for Costner among seven wins out of a dozen Oscar nominations.

Horizon chronicles a multi-faceted, 15-year span of pre-and post-Civil War expansion and settlement of the American west. “America’s expansion into the west was one that was fraught with peril and intrigue from the natural elements, to the interactions with the indigenous peoples who lived on the land, and the determination and at many times ruthlessness of those who sought to settle it,” Costner told Deadline. “Horizon tells the story of that journey in an honest and forthcoming way, highlighting the points of view and consequences of the characters life and death decisions.”

Casting for the expansive film will begin in February

The ratings juggernaut Yellowstone has begun to get awards recognition, as Costner and castmates drew their first SAG nomination for Best Ensemble. The show was just nominated for Best Episodic Drama after its fourth season.

hatfields_a.jpg

Kevin Costner is planning another epic western

For over 30 years, actor Kevin Costner has been the leading western actor of our time, from Lawrence Kasdan’s Silverado and Wyatt Earp, to his own directorial efforts Dances With Wolves, The Postman and Open Range, all the way through his smash hit 2012 TV miniseries Hatfields & McCoys. Now, while doing press for 20th Century Fox‘s inspiring period NASA drama Hidden Figures, Costner has told Variety that he wants to get back in the saddle again.

“I have one,” Costner says of doing another western. “I’ve been working on it. It’s about 10 hours long, how about that? Maybe I’ll make three features out of it. There’s a fourth one, too, so it’s truly a saga. I could do TV, or I could also make it like every six months, have a big western that’s tied together like ‘Jean de Florette’ and ‘Manon of the Spring.’ I think those are fun to watch.”

Hopefully this will be another opportunity for Costner, who won Best Picture and Best Director Oscar trophies for 1990’s Dances With Wolves, to direct again. He has not gotten behind the camera since 2003’s Open Range.

“It comes in the language,” Costner admits of his love for the genre. “Everyone’s looking for the shootout in a western, but the strength of them is what gets said leading up to things. There is an oddity about how people talk, yet it’s our Shakespeare, the American west.”

Edited by Veum
  • Like 1

Now is the time to get that new TV 📺 you have been wanting at a better price for our films/tv purposes! :)

Super Bowl is known for two winning things for certain: the best Football Team and the most ideal time to buy a new television.

Sports have always been the driving force for upgrading TVs, and nothing more influential than the big football finale of Super Bowl.

Here’s why.  The vast majority of new TVs announced at CES in January won’t be introduced until later in spring in March and April.

This is the moment retailers drive deep discounts in the name of Super Bowl to make room for the newer inventory of TVs.

Sure there are other sales throughout the year like Black Friday, but Super Bowl is the one time per year where you can get the best quality TV for the least amount.  How you shop makes all the difference.

What to look for in a new TV

1. First off, forget all the marketing spin and buzzwords.  They won’t matter as much as what I am about to share with you.
  2. The best bang for your buck right now in 2022 is a 4K HDR TV
  3. The sweet spot is to target a new TV introduced over the last year – not older.  Forget what was just announced from the consumer electronics show, those are the most expensive until they become next year’s best TV value around SuperBowl again.
  4. Bigger is better. Time to go big or go home since manufacturers have their best and biggest screens yet on sale   The biggest mistake for a post-sale TV buyer is that they did not get a larger screen.
  5. Shop accessories later can often save you.  Bundling extras like the HDMI cable, a wall mount or stand at the time of sale can often be more expensive than shopping them later online separately.
  6. Deals are found when you shop every big name retailer with some of the very best deals involving a manufacturer exclusive deal with a single retailer.

That said, this first pick is an amazing example deal that I just found at Walmart that hits that perfect sweet spot.

Vizio 4K Ultra HD 50-inch TV for under $300  [Editors Pick]

VizioSuperBowlTVonsale8923.jpg

The Vizio V-Series V505-J09 4K Ultra HD 50-inch TV for under $300 exclusively at Walmart for a limited time!   It’s got Dolby Vision HDR for true cinematic feeling, a built-in gaming engine, and 4K HDR for live sports – giving you the feeling that you are at the game.   It hits all the buyer’s guide checkmarks with the best price I have ever seen.

Get it here

WHY IS THIS THE BEST TIME TO BUY A NEW TV!

Edited by Veum
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Warner Bros. Sued for Putting Matrix Resurrections on HBO Max

Spoiler

Warner Bros. Sued for Putting Matrix Resurrections on HBO Max

Village Roadshow says WB intentionally sabotaged box office performance to drive viewers to HBO Max.

Village Roadshow is suing Warner Bros. on Monday, alleging that Warner Bros. sabotaged the theatrical release of The Matrix Resurrections by releasing the film on HBO Max without consulting Village Roadshow, Variety reports.

The Matrix: Resurrections, the fourth entry in the Matrix franchise, grossed $148 million at the box office, a mere fourth of what even critically panned The Matrix Revolutions grossed. Village Roadshow has a co-financing agreement with Warner Bros. on films like the Matrix trilogy and Joker.

“WB’s strategy not only ensured that ‘The Matrix Resurrections’ would be a bust at the box office, but it also inflicted serious harm to the entire ‘Matrix’ franchise,” the suit alleges. “There can be no doubt that the abysmal theatrical box office sales figures from ‘The Matrix Resurrections’ dilute the value of this tent pole franchise as a film’s lack of profitability generally prevents studios from investing in additional sequels and derivative films in the near term.”

The suit also alleges that releasing Resurrections on HBO Max encouraged piracy, further cutting into Resurrections' box office gross.

Village Roadshow has received no profit from The Matrix Resurrections being put on HBO Max, the suit alleges. Other allegations include That due to poor box office performance, Village Roadshow cannot make its contractually obligated payment to Warner Bros., which threatens the company's right to the film, and that Warner Bros. has allegedly been seeking to deprive Village Roadshow of its rights to other films like Charlie and the Chocolate Factory and Edge of Tomorrow.

Warner Bros. released a statement saying it had brought an arbitration case against Village Roadshow.

“This is a frivolous attempt by Village Roadshow to avoid their contractual commitment to participate in the arbitration that we commenced against them last week,” the studio said. “We have no doubt that this case will be resolved in our favor.”

Village Roadshow is seeking a declaration from the court that WB is in breach of its fiduciary duties, and that Village Roadshow is entitled to rights it would receive from The Matrix Resurrections.

You can read the full lawsuit here.