Veum

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Veum said:

event-horizon-limited-edition-4k-steelbo

🇺🇸 US release date is August 9th, and is up for pre-order at Bullmoose, Deep Discount, ImportCD's, and others

zo7VKED.jpg

image.jpeg

I saw elsewhere that the slipcase version may be a French import. Not sure if the US copy is getting this same release, but I'd certainly love to see it. If not, I'll surely be importing! 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:
Paramount Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade 4K (1989)

Like the first two films, Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade wil be getting an individual Steelbook release from Paramount in August. 

f7kHMfS.jpg

Getting this for sure, along with Raiders and Temple of Doom. Now, the big question is... do I bother with the Crystal Skull... :/

Edited by MikeH5856
typos
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Veum said:
USA Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark 4K Steelbook (US)

Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark 4K Steelbook (US)

Release Date: Jun 14, 2022

Purchase Link: 

Amazon
Best Buy
Target

Artwork:

Raiders of the Lost Ark 4K (Blu-ray)

USA Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 4K Steelbook (US)

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 4K SteelBook (US)

Release Date: Jul 12, 2022

Purchase Link:

Amazon

Artwork:

Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom 4K (Blu-ray)
  • Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

Getting this for sure, along with Raiders and Temple of Doom. Now, the big question is... do I bother with the Crystal Skull... :/

That IS a tough one.  Crystal Skull is by far the worst, but I rewatched in 4K last year and it was actually better than I remembered.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Gary K said:

That IS a tough one.  Crystal Skull is by far the worst, but I rewatched in 4K last year and it was actually better than I remembered.

The worst part is that I know damn well I'm going to get it, if only to have a complete set for when part 5 comes out in a year or two... 🤦‍♂️🤣

• Like 1

• ★ Administrators ★
3 minutes ago, Veum said:

I hope this does not include my Arrow Video 12 Monkeys BD steelbook 🤔 😱 

12 Monkeys (Blu-ray)

image.thumb.png.922f1eb5e0ca8dbe845a8091c5a7f946.png

I think you should be fine.  The error was only spotted when the 4K was released this past month and seems only to apply to the new 4K scan used for the UHD release.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Veum said:

Pre-order is up (I have!)! :)

Event Horizon Limited-Edition Steelbook $30.99

Event Horizon 4K Blu-ray 🇺🇸 

SteelBook / 25th Anniversary Edition / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + DigitalParamount Pictures | 1997 | 96 min | Rated R | Aug 09, 2022 (3 Months)

Event Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)

Awesome! I'll preorder this edition just in case, but I have my heart set on the slipcase limited edition with goodies. 😁

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Veum said:

Pre-order is up (I have!)! :)

Event Horizon Limited-Edition Steelbook $30.99

Event Horizon 4K Blu-ray 🇺🇸 

SteelBook / 25th Anniversary Edition / 4K Ultra HD + Blu-ray + DigitalParamount Pictures | 1997 | 96 min | Rated R | Aug 09, 2022 (3 Months)

Event Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)

Is it missing all the new interviews from SF's release? 🧐 

These:

Quote:
NEW Reflecting on Hell – An Interview with Director Paul W.S. Anderson (10:06, 1080p) - Anderson looks back at the scripts and films he was offered around the time he learned about Event Horizon. He summarizes filming at Pinewood Studios, the sets that were built, and painterly influences. He also fills in gaps from previous extras with additional details about the three cuts and test screenings. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Ghost Galleon – An Interview with Writer Philip Eisner (9:00, 1080p) - Eisner says he pitched "The Shining in space" to Paramount's producers. Eisner recounts the scaffolding he saw inside Pinewood, the spaceship, "The Lucky Strike" scene that was storyboarded but apparently never filmed, his original conception of the Heaven/Hell environ he envisioned, and the big ball. Audio is low. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Organized Chaos – An Interview with Actress Kathleen Quinlan (7:51, 1080p) - recorded in her home kitchen, Quinlan explains how proud she is to be part of a lineage of strong female heroines. She also talks about working with Anderson and Fishburne. Quinlan delighted in working on the sound stages at Pinewood and explains the stunts that she performed. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Compassion in Space – An Interview with Actor Jack Noseworthy (8:33, 1080p) - the piece begins with this disclaimer: "This interview contains technical anomalies related to remote interview circumstances out of control of the producers. We appreciate your understanding." Noseworthy shares losing a family member before filming started that affected him and informed his onscreen persona. He speaks fondly of Anderson and working often with the makeup team. There's some buffering and Noseworthy's voice modulates but I could make out all the words. In English, not subtitled.

NEW The Doomed Captain – An Interview with Actor Peter Marinker (2:55, 1080p) - Marinker recalls receiving Eisner's script and his reaction. He also explains the importance that his short scene played in the plot as well as the "amazing set." In English, not subtitled.
NEW Space Cathedral – An Interview with Production Designer Joseph Bennett (5:32, 1080p) - Bennett remembers the tight thirteen-week schedule the crew had in pre-production. He explains how his team molded the sleep pods and the big sphere. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Something New – An Interview with Set Decorator Crispian Sallis (7:31, 1080p) - Sallis is interviewed in his multimedia library. He speaks about working for Joseph Bennett and how they designed the Lewis and Clark vessel as well as the Event Horizon spacecraft. Sallis explains how he did the source lights. The interview's highlight is Sallis's description of the gravity drive Neil's character goes into and the green circuit boards he crawls through. Sallis describes how Bennett and him welded the motherboard to the panels and ducts. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Taking Care of It – An Interview with Production Manager Dusty Symonds (3:21, 1080p) - Symonds goes into the role modelmaker Daniel Bennett played on the set, the hectic production schedule, and Sam Neil's performance with heavy makeup. In English, not subtitled.
NEW Reinforcements – An Interview with Second Unit Director Robin Vidgeon (3:52, 1080p) - Vidgeon remembers receiving a call from unit production manager Dusty Symonds and forming his own mini-crew. He shares some production tales and directing one of the scenes aboard the spaceship. In English, not subtitled.

NEW Almost Real – An Interview with Location Manager Derek Harrington (2:57, 1080p) - Harrington recalls getting a call from then-production supervisor Malcolm Christopher and finding appropriate locations to model the sets after. In English, not subtitled.
NEW Screams from the Cosmos – An Interview with Sound Designer Campbell Askew (6:37, 1080p) - Askew recorded a lot of new sounds especially for the spaceship. He also went on to the foley stage to generate the metallic sounds. He remembers the re-voicing that had to be done after scenes were shot at Pinewood. In English, not subtitled.

1 minute ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'll just have to get the limited edition with the key art slipcase and put the Scream Factory blu-ray discs in there with the 4K edition. I didn't care for their new art anyway... 🤣

I’m not so sure I care as much for this film that not having those SF extras would bother me! 😉

• Like 1

Ti West's X is getting a 4K German Mediabook release from Capelight. Looks like I'll be skipping the US blu-ray release to import this one in September. Should be available to order now at various German retailers, including Amazon.de. 

1234330443_Xmediabook.thumb.jpg.d22f6af5abc3b2cb3cdf1b85cda2426b.jpg

https://twitter.com/cplght/status/1524019887139696640?s=20&t=8jcB2uLGgmC2NsrplKw7CA

• Thanks 3

• ★ Administrators ★
23 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

Ti West's X is getting a 4K German Mediabook release from Capelight. Looks like I'll be skipping the US blu-ray release to import this one in September. Should be available to order now at various German retailers, including Amazon.de. 

1234330443_Xmediabook.thumb.jpg.d22f6af5abc3b2cb3cdf1b85cda2426b.jpg

https://twitter.com/cplght/status/1524019887139696640?s=20&t=8jcB2uLGgmC2NsrplKw7CA

Loved the movie and this looks like a great release.