IGNORED

Show us all your latest Group Buy or other receptions (Steelbook..Digibook ... Digipack ... Collectors ...)

il y a 38 minutes, raylight a dit :

Just my two cents:

If I would get such an edition...this is extraordinary special super cool. Perhaps they limited the release to 1.500 pieces and made some much (with additional numbers) as reserve if some are broken, damaged etc. and the numbering sticker is just set to "of 1500 copies". but the number can be higher.

I like it ! Cool thing and rare!

It's possible yes 👍

• Like 4

• Replies 16.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Inception by Manta Lab. Thanks to @Masterblaster @deckard99 @Gary K and crew for the Group Buy and fast/safe shipping. The good news: This is a beautiful set, with an absolutely stunning Steelbook, beautiful Full Slip and Double Lenti, and a one click box with great texture and art. The only weakness of the set, is the Single Lenti, which doesn't have good depth or clarity.

The bad news(for me at least) : On my one-click box, there is a whitish line that runs all the way down the area/crease where the cover opens/bends. I thought maybe I could wipe it off, but that didn't work out. I know I'm one of the few that open these, but this crease discoloration/scratch (whatever you want to call it) is very disappointing, and the lone blemish on an otherwise terrific set. Those that are thinking of opening your sets should check for this. This is a definite quality control issue. #Teamopenitup 

0ncmZNb.jpeg

voB6P8P.jpeg

E3J7YPV.jpeg

rqIsrlv.jpeg

yo3WBEG.jpeg

xszgB9G.jpeg

cP5Itqx.jpeg

1hC2nSX.jpeg

EoJDT7T.jpeg

c5O1V3Q.jpeg

d3zoPQP.jpeg

YAiKj82.jpeg

7uowQvN.jpeg

0Goj1aI.jpeg

4pNuVjy.jpeg

eCI7lAc.jpeg

g8L6efm.jpeg

7c8ifrB.jpeg

Mjj1I4S.jpeg

DEOYe6O.jpeg

6PONJ90.jpeg

oL1mmPq.jpeg

PTPjhSa.jpeg

ny7J7K0.jpeg

VXVO74Z.jpeg

H4RMHeF.jpeg

rkm70Bn.jpeg

GgG53Kc.jpeg

XSREAgB.jpeg

1GhZSvN.jpeg

• Like 24
  • Thanks 2

52 minutes ago, Boilersteel said:

My shelf of releases too large for plastic protectors just grew today with a Zavvi delivery.  This is absolutely massive.

Below is also a comparison to the BN EOT OC (which I also consider massive).  Thinner depth but height and width are crazy.

20230805_163919.thumb.jpg.4ed08b124d63f8430cdc6f2cb9d001d7.jpg

20230805_170110.thumb.jpg.3841e56ec161a49f43d0ace32c67d9d7.jpg

20230805_170149.thumb.jpg.9b5250e91060e82be839a3b0522694b2.jpg

Yeah, it’s pretty tall, same size as the Rambo First Blood release from Zavvi a year or two ago. 

Edited by Manticore4
  • Like 7

Awards

20 hours ago, ncraft said:

Inception by Manta Lab. Thanks to @Masterblaster @deckard99 @Gary K and crew for the Group Buy and fast/safe shipping. The good news: This is a beautiful set, with an absolutely stunning Steelbook, beautiful Full Slip and Double Lenti, and a one click box with great texture and art. The only weakness of the set, is the Single Lenti, which doesn't have good depth or clarity.

The bad news(for me at least) : On my one-click box, there is a whitish line that runs all the way down the area/crease where the cover opens/bends. I thought maybe I could wipe it off, but that didn't work out. I know I'm one of the few that open these, but this crease discoloration/scratch (whatever you want to call it) is very disappointing, and the lone blemish on an otherwise terrific set. Those that are thinking of opening your sets should check for this. This is a definite quality control issue. #Teamopenitup 

0ncmZNb.jpeg

voB6P8P.jpeg

E3J7YPV.jpeg

rqIsrlv.jpeg

yo3WBEG.jpeg

xszgB9G.jpeg

cP5Itqx.jpeg

1hC2nSX.jpeg

EoJDT7T.jpeg

c5O1V3Q.jpeg

d3zoPQP.jpeg

YAiKj82.jpeg

7uowQvN.jpeg

0Goj1aI.jpeg

4pNuVjy.jpeg

eCI7lAc.jpeg

g8L6efm.jpeg

7c8ifrB.jpeg

Mjj1I4S.jpeg

DEOYe6O.jpeg

6PONJ90.jpeg

oL1mmPq.jpeg

PTPjhSa.jpeg

ny7J7K0.jpeg

VXVO74Z.jpeg

H4RMHeF.jpeg

rkm70Bn.jpeg

GgG53Kc.jpeg

XSREAgB.jpeg

1GhZSvN.jpeg

I would say the PET slip is completely worthless over the OC, and I hope Manta avoids doing this in the future.  It has been removed from the box and will never go on it again.  

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

Delivery day!

Thanks to the whole crew for making this all happen. I have to agree with @ncraft that the clarity isn't great on the single lenticular, but I'm still happy.  

For Sisu the plastic slip is bent but the steel is fine so I guess I'm not mad

Guardians 3 matches my others if it only had the plastic mondo slip

20230805_190504.jpg

20230805_190610.jpg

20230805_190655.jpg

20230805_190743.jpg

• Like 20
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Boilersteel said:

I would say the PET slip is completely worthless over the OC, and I hope Manta avoids doing this in the future.  It has been removed from the box and will never go on it again.  

I don't think it's worthless. It has a nice texture to it, and it's different from what Manta has done in the past. To each their own. 

• Like 8

On 8/5/2023 at 9:19 AM, Gentleman said:

What a great edition! Great job, EverythingBlu…..

Who are now going back to being EverythingBlu as they've parted ways with THG(/Zavvi).

Mine is also on it's way, only had to update CC info since it's been so long preorder and any other shopping with Zavvi 😐

• Like 9

Awards

Il y a 19 heures, hal56 a dit :

Kino Lorber:

Gloria; Bluray:

image.thumb.jpeg.00a490487bebb7660cec82f321495048.jpeg

I love this movie ... this one is a must , magnificent performance from Gena Rowlands.

Too bad we only got amaray edition ... same as for Criterion US editions ... because at a time, Criterion titles were in digipack editions instead of amaray. 

I saw you got "After Hours" and it's also an amaray.

The UK brand for Criterion had more digipack than US Criterion ... in 2020 and 2021 there still was digipack Criterion, but since I did not find some of them ... I may be wrong.

• Like 6

Awards

vor einer Stunde schrieb vinny91:

I love this movie ... this one is a must , magnificent performance from Gena Rowlands.

Too bad we only got amaray edition ... same as for Criterion US editions ... because at a time, Criterion titles were in digipack editions instead of amaray. 

The UK brand for Criterion had more digipack than US Criterion ... in 2020 and 2021 there still was digipack Criterion, but since I did not find some of them ... I may be wrong.

Gloria and A Woman under the Influence are my two favourite Rowlands/Cassavetes collaborations.

Initially, I was disappointed that Gloria wasnt part of the Criterion Cassavetes package, now I am just happy it is available on physical media again.

Digipacks are nice but from a pragmatic POV, I am not overly disappointed when Criterion uses Amarays instead, since those covers can be easily replaced

when they´ve arrived damaged.

Edited by hal56
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, vinny91 said:

There is no difference in packaging between the US and UK distributors.

it depends mainly on the title and also the format.

For example the 4K/Blu-ray combo edition of Thelma & Louise is digipak, whereas the Blu-ray only is amaray.

• Like 8

@raylight @Chief_lookout @R1s1ngs0n

Answer from Plain Archive about number of Prisoners édition :

Hi,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

This is not a counterfeit item.

Numberings exceeding limited quantities are gifts given to film-related production/distribution company partners or filmmakers who have visited our office.

Typically, around 50 are produced. It seems that someone who received the gift from us has sold it.

We regret the situation, but we assure you that the product in question is not counterfeit.

We hope this answers your question.

Best,

PLAIN ARCHIVE

IMG_20230803_121744.thumb.jpg.55e13e9d5725ea83d020587c33ae4fcb.jpg

• Like 15
  • Thanks 5

Shout out to @Masterblaster who started my Manta Lab collection with 3 Nolan Double Lenticulars from his sale a while back.

Fast forward to today with the reception of Inception 😉 and many other pickups along the way I now have all the Manta Lab exclusives. My original conquest was for all DL but that got harder and harder a long the way. So here it is with my new shelf as well. 

20230807_234638.thumb.jpg.1c2f0f11eaf10a7bb08be349bacd0aaa.jpg

20230807_234810.thumb.jpg.ec89709bb7e95a4be879e4cd5c6cae90.jpg

20230807_234822.thumb.jpg.911fc95c1d08a69d90a70314b8effd4e.jpg

20230807_234841.thumb.jpg.3010d318054cdb02baf2567d9a84cae1.jpg

• Like 25
  • Thanks 1