IGNORED

pygospa's small but nice movies & series collection

An English proverbs says "Do not count your chickens before they are hatched". Rember my last week, i.e. "movie week"? No? Then read the post above. Yes? Well, on Saturday I got another small package, ordered from Amazon because I was too late to order it from Capelight directly:

20201121_042609.thumb.jpg.2986cb2b0ce940620fe19e934a27c723.jpg

#1087 | DEU | Gretel & Hänsel | BD+UHD Mediabook

EAN: 4042564209259
Release dates: Nov. 11th, 2020
Region Code: B / -
Paid: 23,49€

Don't know that movie, have heard mixed things, but I got it for quite cheap, regarding that it also contains the UHD besides the HD blu-ray, and the mediabook looks phenomenal, has a really informative text, so all in all, I am pretty excited to watch this one, soon.

This week I only got one package, from my standard mediabook dealer, containing a large variation of different Mediabooks that I've had my dealer collecto for me over the year (9 are still missing, but as there are a large number of preorder titles, it's all fine with me - I save a lot of shipping money and he send's them in the batches as it fits him, so all are happy :)

20201120_125443.thumb.jpg.8da62872ebbf45229ee458387d00b106.jpg

#1088 | DEU | Gangland - Cops unter Beschuss [O-Title: Gang Related] | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 4260646120623
Release dates: Nov. 13th, 2020
Region Code: B / 2
Paid: 19,99€

In my youth I used to listen to hip hop and most of it was actually German Hip Hop (90s Hip Hop from mainly Hamburg rappers/bands). Only a few American/english speanking rappers/bands managed to interest me, and the one that was my most favorite rapper, who I would say was also really influential to me and formed my thinking, was 2Pac. It therefore is a shame that I havent watched a single movie he did. This is a perfect possibility for me, to fix that gap.

#1089 | DEU | Ingenium | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 4042564209464
Release dates: Oct. 23rd, 2020
Paid: 22,99€

This is a release of a German movie that is pretty unknown even in Germany. I just stumbled upon this by accident, but the trailer looked really great and interesting. This release from Camera Obscure looks rather great, a nice booklet, lot's of behind the scenes material, and unbelievable but true: This actually comes with German, English and French subtitles. Finally a German film that I could even recommend for international buyers - however I am not yet sure if the movie is also worth getting :D

#1090 | DEU | Todesparty 2 [O-Title: Cutting Class] | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 4042564209259
Release dates: Oct. 25th, 2020
Paid: 29,99€

When you knwo my other postings, you know that I often b*tch about the horrible "translations" of titles we had in Germany. Cutting Class (1989), a movie staring a really young Brad Pitt (his seventh movie, but only the third he was also actually credited, in his third year of his acting career), was deemed to be better marketed to the audience if it was marketed as the second part of a movie it has nothing in common with: Slaughter High (1986). Slaughter High was released in Germany as "Die Todesparty" (Party of Death), and this one became "Todesparty II". To make things even worse, when Terror Train from 1980(!) was released for home video, the labels in Germany decided to release it as the third part of this series: "Todesparty 3". This strange thing makes it even funny for it's curiosity to have it in the collection under the German title. I own the "Todesparty 3", so I was interested in getting the other two as well - Slaughter High has a Mediabook release, and Cutting Class just got one. Movie is said to be horrible, but I am rather curious to also see one of Brad Pitts earliest performances.

#1091 | DEU | Upgrade | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 7220347774676
Release dates: Sept. 18th, 2020
Paid: 31,99€

I cannot tell you anything more about this movie other than it is (in Germany) a direct to video release that actually was a total suprise and gaind a lot of praise. It wasn't even released in Germany for a long time, and people imported it from Denmark(?). Now we have this Mediabook from Nameless.

#1092 | DEU | Meine teuflischen Nachbarn [O-Title: The 'Burbs] | BD Mediabook

EAN: 4260186032554
Release dates: Sept. 15th, 2020
Region Code: free

This is a release, that Birnenblatt didn't really want to make, and I didn't really want to buy. It's a Vanilla movie release, and for that reason Birnenblatt only made a simple release (I think it was a VHS), and they didn't want to make a Mediabook as for them the Mediabook is the "high value" release with a lot of extras. But after a lot of request, Birnenblatt made a survey and then decided on this low quantity (333 copies) single-disk mediabook with no extras but of course a nice booklet text. I own The 'Burbs in a beautiful Scanavo-Fullslip release by Steelarchive, and therefore I didn't want to get it. But then it was sold out, people where posting images, and selling it for really high prices, and I felt like I did a mistake. Lucky me, there where a few additional copies that appeard in one of the web shops, and so I ordered it. Plus, of course, informed you:

#1093 | DEU | Nummer 5 gibt nicht auf [O-Title: Short Circuit 2] | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 7220347777714
Release dates: Oct. 16th, 2020
Paid: 31,99€

Short Circuit and it's successor is one of the most influential movies of my life. I've seen it as a child, and always wanted to build my own robot, ever since. This got me interested in programming with age 14, and made me study computer science, and even specialize in robots, and work for a while in science with robots. So I was pretty excited that Short Circuit was released as a Steelbook a while ago, and I was rooting for Short Circuit 2 as well. Now I am a bit disappointed that I didn't double dip for this movie, when Nameless also released Short Circuit as a mediabook, but I will try to get that one sometimes later.

And that's it already it. Anything you want to see in more detail?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

One week in hospital once more :( But after I returned, this week I did not only had to work a lot, but also got a lot of packages.

Wednesday this package by @forenhase arrived:

20201202_123925.thumb.jpg.2caa1f395ca9e3771a11dc724ea1c83d.jpg

#1094 | SVK | Gremlins | Black Barons #27 XL Fullslip + WWA Steelbook
Release date: Nov. 11th, 2020
Paid: 70,93€

Now this is a disgrace to admit, but actually I've never seen the GREMLINS movie, so I am pretty excited to finally have a good edition - I've heard that this is a movie worth watching around Christmas, so that's what I'm gonna do :) I really enjoy the edition, and I have shared some information and photos here:

#1095 | CZE | Forrest Gump | Filmarena #138 XL Fullslip + WWA Steelbook
Release date: Oct. 21st, 2020
Paid: 59,44€

Haven't I disgraced myself enough already? Well, actually I also never saw FORREST GUMP before - well, not exactly. I've seen this movie as a child about 2 or 3 times in free TV, but I never saw it in its entirety, and also I did not really like it. Growing up I learned that this is actually considerd a really good movie by a lot of people, so I always wanted to give this movie another chance. Given that I am older now, maybe I'll see things differently? So I was excited in this release. I also enjoyed the edition, and here I've posted my impressions and some photos:

On Thursday, I got a package from Amazon, containing this movie:

20201204_183330.thumb.jpg.9f331276328c2469c671161026cfba65.jpg

#1096 | DEU | Pandemie [O-Title: 감기 (Gamgi), lit. ‘Flu’, int. Title: The Flu] | 2xBD Mediabook

EAN: 4260080328616
Release date: Oct. 2nd, 2020
Region Code: B
Paid: 18,00€

In 2013, the Korean movie 감기 (The Flu) was released, and as usually, this movie did not make it to Germany. It tells the story of a mutated H5N1 Virus that spreads in a Korean city, which leads to this city being quarantined, and scientist starting to work on an antidote. The film escalates and shows how a scenario like this could get really ugly.

In 2013 the critics where mixed, with some criticizing the conspiracy theories and exaggeration. Now, in 2020, we have the Corona Virus and actually there are a lot of parallels to the movie. And all of a sudden local distributors and labels realized that there was this movie, which is why this year - seven years later! - the movie gets a release in Taiwan, in Germany, and in Mexico, and instead of using the direct translation, that was also used for the internationla title, we get something like "Pandemie" (Pandemic), which is actually wrong, as this movie is locally contained in Korea, so it's actually just an epidemic. Mexico is worse: "Coronavirus. El inicio de la epidemia" ("Corona virus - beginning of an epidemic"). In Germany, it was advertised as a "Virus thriller" and got a cinematic release in August 2020, and in October the label Alive! released this mediabook.

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard a lot of positive things about it, so I thought: Why not get it? I am working on growing my Asian movie collection as well as my Asian movie knowledge, so this was a no-brainer. The Mediabook is not of the best quality, but it is limited and individually numbered to 2000 pieces, and instead of a DVD copy, we get a second Blu-ray with a lot of extras. Unfortunately the Audio is just German dubbing or Korean (with English parts?) audio. And only German subtitles. So you need to either know German or Korean if you are interested internationally. And it is locked to Region B. A shame.

Next package arrived on Friday, from Wicked Vision, containing a couple of movies as well as this one:

20201204_151135.thumb.jpg.d5d348e092f98292f2a9ceed7031ddbf.jpg

I've not advertised this here, but still I'd like to share it with you. It's a cooperation from Wicked Vision's Daniel with one of the Bands he really loves: "The Other". They produced a "radio play" - in Germany we call these Hörspiel - and they got a couple of famous German stars to play a role, e.g. Micha Rhein (singer of In Extremo), Anna R. (singer of Rosenstolz), Dr. Mark Benecke (Germany's first forensic entomology researcher and forensic consulting), Wolfgang Holbein (Germany's most famous fantasy author), Joachim Witt (famous singer), and many more. The MC is limited to 150 numbered copies and sold out fast - it includes a pencil (we all know why) - unfortunately it is a round pencil, so the joke is not really working (fail :D ), the CD is limited to 2000 copies and still available. There was a bundle (which you see in the picture) limited to 200 numbered copies that also included a large personalized card with signatures of the Band on the back side.

I actually love radio plays, my most favorite ones being "Die drei ???" and "John Sinclair". This audio play is rather similar to John Sinclair, and I am a huge fan of In Extremo, I like a couple of Rosenstolz songs, and as a child I read a lot of Wolfgang Holbein books, so naturally I was excited to get it, even if it wasn't by Wicked Vision.

The rest of the package contained this:

20201204_151656.thumb.jpg.47ba1d8a1ed03d1d05f721c746efda80.jpg

#1097 | DEU | FBI jagt Phantom | BD+DVD Amaray with O-Card

EAN: 4041036350987
Release date: Oct. 16th, 2020
Paid: 20,99€

I've written all about this release in this thread and also added some photos and impressions, so find it all here:

#1098 | DEU | Frankenstein schuf ein Weib | 1xBD Digibook

EAN: 4041036371265
Paid: 28,99€

Find all about this release here:

#1099 | DEU | Die Nonnen von Clinchy | 4xBD Mediabook

EAN: 4260448732413
Release date: Nov. 6th, 2020
Paid: 32,99€

And last but not least - I could have linked to a post I've written for this release as well (including a lot of pictures) but unfortunately it was deleted again by the admins - for good reasons! It contains a lot of nudity, and I wasn't feeling to comfortable posting it, and wasn't even sure if it was allowed - I decided to do it anyways, as I guessed this is a 18+ forum, because people here do business with each other and to being able to do so you need to be of legal age (at least in Germany), but of course I totally comply with their deleting it again. Bit unfortunate that the entire post was deleted, not just the pictures, because I wrote quite a bit about this edition as well. Just to sum it up in short: We get a 4 disc release, and Wicked put a lot of effort in this release - the pictures however suggest that this is much more erotic than I had imagined, and I am not sure how I feel about it. Happy, however: I did not want to have this naked images on the front cover of my mediabook so I chose NOT to go with the Timo Würz, though I love having his artwork. I was lucky to be under the first 200 pre-orders, so I got his artwork as a limited and numbered postcard :)

I was asked to reupload the images if I censor the nudity, but to be quite honest, I don't think it is worth the effort, as there was also no reaction to the thread I created. It would take me too long to do this, so if someone is really interested in this, I'd rather send them via pm, instead.

And on Saturday, another package from Wicked Vision, arrived, as well as one from Amazon, that was really strangely packed:

20201205_125802.thumb.jpg.c338414aeb96132065ddb913c3b1f037.jpg

#1100 | DEU | Er kam nur nachts | BD+DVD Amaray [G1]

EAN: 4041036310929
Release date: Oct. 18th, 2020

Next entry in the "Der Fluch der Galerie des Grauens" series, and I've already created a post for it, here:

#1101 | DEU | Bloody mama | BD+DVD Mediabook

EAN: 4260448732451
Release date: Nov. 1st, 2020

And the next entry in Wicked Visions Collector's series, and I've again already created and described it here:

20201205_125618.thumb.jpg.ffdeef9be78c8aadf0b73d0dd443dcde.jpg20201205_125640.thumb.jpg.722000e95f1694985779afe6a5e80f37.jpg20201205_125736.thumb.jpg.0cafcd7a391ce74a637c80c6185ae935.jpg

Ever got a Mediabook in a pyramid shaped package? Well, I did :D

#1102 | DEU | Ist das leben nicht schön? [O-Title: It's a Wonderful Life] | BD+2xDVD Mediabook

Release date: Oct. 12th, 2018
Paid: 18,99€

This was a spontaneous buy, and I ordered it together with PANDEMIE. I actually don't know the movie, but a lot of people have recommended it to me, plus they said it's a great movie to watch during Christmas season, and this is why I got this Mediabook, that was released by Alive! under their "Filmjuwelen" sublabel. It comes with a couple of extras: The movie is available in four versions: the original version and the colorized version on DVD, and then in a HD restauration in black and white and again also in HD in a colorized version. Additionally we also get the short movie ISN'T LIFE TERRIBLE?. Unfortunately that's it.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Spoiler
11 hours ago, pygospa said:

One week in hospital once more :( But after I returned, this week I did not only had to work a lot, but also got a lot of packages.

Wednesday this package by @forenhase arrived:

20201202_123925.thumb.jpg.2caa1f395ca9e3771a11dc724ea1c83d.jpg

#1094 | SVK | Gremlins | Black Barons #27 XL Fullslip + WWA Steelbook
Release date: Nov. 11th, 2020
Paid: 70,93€

Now this is a disgrace to admit, but actually I've never seen the GREMLINS movie, so I am pretty excited to finally have a good edition - I've heard that this is a movie worth watching around Christmas, so that's what I'm gonna do :) I really enjoy the edition, and I have shared some information and photos here:

#1095 | CZE | Forrest Gump | Filmarena #138 XL Fullslip + WWA Steelbook
Release date: Oct. 21st, 2020
Paid: 59,44€

Haven't I disgraced myself enough already? Well, actually I also never saw FORREST GUMP before - well, not exactly. I've seen this movie as a child about 2 or 3 times in free TV, but I never saw it in its entirety, and also I did not really like it. Growing up I learned that this is actually considerd a really good movie by a lot of people, so I always wanted to give this movie another chance. Given that I am older now, maybe I'll see things differently? So I was excited in this release. I also enjoyed the edition, and here I've posted my impressions and some photos:

On Thursday, I got a package from Amazon, containing this movie:

20201204_183330.thumb.jpg.9f331276328c2469c671161026cfba65.jpg

#1096 | DEU | Pandemie [O-Title: 감기 (Gamgi), lit. ‘Flu’, int. Title: The Flu] | 2xBD Mediabook

EAN: 4260080328616
Release date: Oct. 2nd, 2020
Paid: 18,00€

In 2013, the Korean movie 감기 (The Flu) was released, and as usually, this movie did not make it to Germany. It tells the story of a mutated H5N1 Virus that spreads in a Korean city, which leads to this city being quarantined, and scientist starting to work on an antidote. The film escalates and shows how a scenario like this could get really ugly.

In 2013 the critics where mixed, with some criticizing the conspiracy theories and exaggeration. Now, in 2020, we have the Corona Virus and actually there are a lot of parallels to the movie. And all of a sudden local distributors and labels realized that there was this movie, which is why this year - seven years later! - the movie gets a release in Taiwan, in Germany, and in Mexico, and instead of using the direct translation, that was also used for the internationla title, we get something like "Pandemie" (Pandemic), which is actually wrong, as this movie is locally contained in Korea, so it's actually just an epidemic. Mexico is worse: "Coronavirus. El inicio de la epidemia" ("Corona virus - beginning of an epidemic"). In Germany, it was advertised as a "Virus thriller" and got a cinematic release in August 2020, and in October the label Alive! released this mediabook.

I haven't seen the movie, but I heard a lot of positive things about it, so I thought: Why not get it? I am working on growing my Asian movie collection as well as my Asian movie knowledge, so this was a no-brainer. The Mediabook is not of the best quality, but it is limited and individually numbered to 2000 pieces, and instead of a DVD copy, we get a second Blu-ray with a lot of extras. Unfortunately the Audio is just German dubbing or Korean (with English parts?) audio. And only German subtitles. So you need to either know German or Korean if you are interested internationally. And it is locked to Region B. A shame.

Next package arrived on Friday, from Wicked Vision, containing a couple of movies as well as this one:

20201204_151135.thumb.jpg.d5d348e092f98292f2a9ceed7031ddbf.jpg

I've not advertised this here, but still I'd like to share it with you. It's a cooperation from Wicked Vision's Daniel with one of the Bands he really loves: "The Other". They produced a "radio play" - in Germany we call these Hörspiel - and they got a couple of famous German stars to play a role, e.g. Micha Rhein (singer of In Extremo), Anna R. (singer of Rosenstolz), Dr. Mark Benecke (Germany's first forensic entomology researcher and forensic consulting), Wolfgang Holbein (Germany's most famous fantasy author), Joachim Witt (famous singer), and many more. The MC is limited to 150 numbered copies and sold out fast - it includes a pencil (we all know why) - unfortunately it is a round pencil, so the joke is not really working (fail :D ), the CD is limited to 2000 copies and still available. There was a bundle (which you see in the picture) limited to 200 numbered copies that also included a large personalized card with signatures of the Band on the back side.

I actually love radio plays, my most favorite ones being "Die drei ???" and "John Sinclair". This audio play is rather similar to John Sinclair, and I am a huge fan of In Extremo, I like a couple of Rosenstolz songs, and as a child I read a lot of Wolfgang Holbein books, so naturally I was excited to get it, even if it wasn't by Wicked Vision.

The rest of the package contained this:

20201204_151656.thumb.jpg.47ba1d8a1ed03d1d05f721c746efda80.jpg

#1097 | DEU | FBI jagt Phantom | BD+DVD Amaray with O-Card

EAN: 4041036350987
Paid: 20,99€

I've written all about this release in this thread and also added some photos and impressions, so find it all here:

#1098 | DEU | Frankenstein schuf ein Weib | 1xBD Digibook

EAN: 4041036371265
Paid: 28,99€

Find all about this release here:

#1099 | DEU | Die Nonnen von Clinchy | 4xBD Mediabook

EAN: 4260448732413
Release date: Nov. 6th, 2020
Paid: 32,99€

And last but not least - I could have linked to a post I've written for this release as well (including a lot of pictures) but unfortunately it was deleted again by the admins - for good reasons! It contains a lot of nudity, and I wasn't feeling to comfortable posting it, and wasn't even sure if it was allowed - I decided to do it anyways, as I guessed this is a 18+ forum, because people here do business with each other and to being able to do so you need to be of legal age (at least in Germany), but of course I totally comply with their deleting it again. Bit unfortunate that the entire post was deleted, not just the pictures, because I wrote quite a bit about this edition as well. Just to sum it up in short: We get a 4 disc release, and Wicked put a lot of effort in this release - the pictures however suggest that this is much more erotic than I had imagined, and I am not sure how I feel about it. Happy, however: I did not want to have this naked images on the front cover of my mediabook so I chose NOT to go with the Timo Würz, though I love having his artwork. I was lucky to be under the first 200 pre-orders, so I got his artwork as a limited and numbered postcard :)

I was asked to reupload the images if I censor the nudity, but to be quite honest, I don't think it is worth the effort, as there was also no reaction to the thread I created. It would take me too long to do this, so if someone is really interested in this, I'd rather send them via pm, instead.

And on Saturday, another package from Wicked Vision, arrived, as well as one from Amazon, that was really strangely packed:

20201205_125802.thumb.jpg.c338414aeb96132065ddb913c3b1f037.jpg

#1100 | DEU | Er kam nur nachts | BD+DVD Amaray [G1]

EAN: 4041036310929
Release date: Oct. 18th, 2020

Next entry in the "Der Fluch der Galerie des Grauens" series, and I've already created a post for it, here:

#1101 | DEU | Bloody mama | BD+DVD Mediabook

Release date: Nov. 1st, 2020

And the next entry in Wicked Visions Collector's series, and I've again already created and described it here:

20201205_125618.thumb.jpg.ffdeef9be78c8aadf0b73d0dd443dcde.jpg20201205_125640.thumb.jpg.722000e95f1694985779afe6a5e80f37.jpg20201205_125736.thumb.jpg.0cafcd7a391ce74a637c80c6185ae935.jpg

Ever got a Mediabook in a pyramid shaped package? Well, I did :D

#1102 | DEU | Ist das leben nicht schön? [O-Title: It's a Wonderful Life] | BD+2xDVD Mediabook

Release date: Oct. 12th, 2018
Paid: 18,99€

This was a spontaneous buy, and I ordered it together with PANDEMIE. I actually don't know the movie, but a lot of people have recommended it to me, plus they said it's a great movie to watch during Christmas season, and this is why I got this Mediabook, that was released by Alive! under their "Filmjuwelen" sublabel. It comes with a couple of extras: The movie is available in four versions: the original version and the colorized version on DVD, and then in a HD restauration in black and white and again also in HD in a colorized version. Additionally we also get the short movie ISN'T LIFE TERRIBLE?. Unfortunately that's it.

🥤Hey @pygospa, some mighty nice pick ups my friend! 😊

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital 😞  you need to let us know when something happens to you we love you and we are your “family” also my good friend❣️

feel better get well GIF

Edited by Veum
  • Like 3

On 12/6/2020 at 2:51 PM, Veum said:
  Reveal hidden contents

🥤Hey @pygospa, some mighty nice pick ups my friend! 😊

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital 😞  you need to let us know when something happens to you we love you and we are your “family” also my good friend❣️

feel better get well GIF

Thank you very much, @Veum. Normally I am a pretty private guy (or at least I used to be), and I was never big on sharing my illnesses - not even with my family (my first hospital stay this year I was wondering wether or not I should tell my mother. I decided to do so, because I would never hear the end of it, if anything would have happened 🤣). But your words mean very much to me, and I try to keep you posted :)

I have an inflammation in my pancreas, and it seems to be chronic, as it is reappearing, which apparently is a very bad thing, as it is not treatable. Normally, I don't feel anything, but I've been having "attacks" where there are strong stomach aches. I had these for the first time some years ago, and only short and well spread (maybe 3 times, in the last 6 years), but this year I've had them 4 times since June, pretty heavy and two times I was in hospital, first time because the pain was too much and did not get better for more than 6 hours, and second time, because this time I was also vomitting. But they cannot find a cause for it. There are a couple of things that could trigger something like this (heavy alcoholism, smoking, drug/medical abuse, tumors, gall stones, high blood fat levels, unknown insulin deficiency, bacterial or viral infection, etc.), but none of these apply to me. So now I am under doctoral observation - I get my blood analyzed every week, plus I am still on pain medication. And for the rest, it's waiting, and hoping... I am a bit torn between hoping for never having to go to hospital again, and having another attack so maybe this time they'll find something. It is rather unsatisfactory and frustrating to not know what might cause it, because I don't know what I can change, and so I'm a bit worried that this could happen any time (e.g. "inconvenient" times, like when you meet with friends or family, or on Christmas eve, etc.).

But yeah, what can you do... movies and blu-rays provide a good distraction :)

• Like 1

Spoiler
16 minutes ago, pygospa said:

Thank you very much, @Veum. Normally I am a pretty private guy (or at least I used to be), and I was never big on sharing my illnesses - not even with my family (my first hospital stay this year I was wondering wether or not I should tell my mother. I decided to do so, because I would never hear the end of it, if anything would have happened 🤣). But your words mean very much to me, and I try to keep you posted :)

I have an inflammation in my pancreas, and it seems to be chronic, as it is reappearing, which apparently is a very bad thing, as it is not treatable. Normally, I don't feel anything, but I've been having "attacks" where there are strong stomach aches. I had these for the first time some years ago, and only short and well spread (maybe 3 times, in the last 6 years), but this year I've had them 4 times since June, pretty heavy and two times I was in hospital, first time because the pain was too much and did not get better for more than 6 hours, and second time, because this time I was also vomitting. But they cannot find a cause for it. There are a couple of things that could trigger something like this (heavy alcoholism, smoking, drug/medical abuse, tumors, gall stones, high blood fat levels, unknown insulin deficiency, bacterial or viral infection, etc.), but none of these apply to me. So now I am under doctoral observation - I get my blood analyzed every week, plus I am still on pain medication. And for the rest, it's waiting, and hoping... I am a bit torn between hoping for never having to go to hospital again, and having another attack so maybe this time they'll find something. It is rather unsatisfactory and frustrating to not know what might cause it, because I don't know what I can change, and so I'm a bit worried that this could happen any time (e.g. "inconvenient" times, like when you meet with friends or family, or on Christmas eve, etc.).

But yeah, what can you do... movies and blu-rays provide a good distraction :)

Sorry to hear this @pygospa, I do not know if you have heard my story of my wife having stage - 4 cervical cancer (she’s cancer-free for several years now 😇)... a long-story short, we went the herbal route where an Amish doctor diagnosed her and put her on a regimen of juicing with carrots, celery, apple and several herbal products of his and she was juicing 60 oz. per day for 4 months and her skin actually turned orange color (that was the beta-carotene in the carrots). 🙏

BTW the conventional doctors told us this was bunk what we would do for her and if she did not have a full-hysterectomy she would die (they suck)!😉

• Like 1

@Pygospa

I'm not one of those who likes to comment on important personal things in public, but hopefully if one day I feel like this, I will trick your fortitude to tell it.

I hope that soon they give you good news, and that disappears from your life; or, at least, it's something that you can almost forget.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

I've been a bit more quiet the last weeks, mainly due to the typical seasonal stress (I did some photos though, but never got around posting them, from all my updates from December), and this year I am working on a new project and putting lots of my free time and energy into it, so I'll have to slow down a bit on presenting you editions. But I feel for the vast majority this won't be such a loss anyways, I know there are some fans of the Wicked and Anolis releases and I'll happily keep you up to date on anything new in that regards. But most of my other posts are rather overlooked anyways - which is of course fine - I am aware that I am talking about a nieche and I am doing it in a forum that mostly accomodates people collecting current mainstream titles of blockbusters that get released in 5-10 different premium releases :D So no hard feelings, or anything. It's just, that I feel like it's a waste of time, if I put that much effort into titles that hardly anyone is interested anyways. So, I'll try out something new :D

1.) I wont post too many news anymore, just the ones I know that other people are excited about, or the ones that I am really excited about. It's a bit different to what I did before, which was trying (and the emphasis is on trying) to present every premium edition that I would be getting. That's what I was trying to do with all my posts in the Mediabook, Special Edition, Steelbook, etc. sections, if they weren't already posted by someone else (which for most of the super duper Filmarena/MantaLab/NovaMedia/etc. is hardly ever the case, but as not many people collect the Mediabooks and other special packages, I always had more than enough time spent in those forums). And maybe I'll also shorten the format, though I really love having all the information in one place (both, about the release [including info about all the bonuses and how the release compares to other international releases], as well as the movie, and why it's worth a watch), but looking these up, getting all the trailers, plus the information on different releases and translating all the info we got from the label plus including links to the shops and also find and add high res cover artworks - it just takes ages to compile.

2.) I also won't post all my updates anymore, in this place. I used to in the old German forum, and I tried to do so here, in the beginning as well as with a bit more focus last year. But again, it just takes too much time, and I already shortened the format here, but that also still takes too much time. So sorry for anyone who is seriously following my posts in this thread - but again, just judging from the reaction, it's not more than ~5 people anyways, so probably for the vast majority no loss.

And I can really put this freed up time into good use for my new projects (and just in case you are wondering: (1) I need some me time :D  Yeah, that sound's cheesy, I know, but having been to hospitals or doctors the last half of a year at least once a month, you start evaluating things, and start putting your focus on different things, like living healthier, loosing weight, and (2) I have a HUGE list of things I always wanted to try out and/or learn, but never "got around to doing", so for this year I've decided I want to focus more on these things and the first thing I am trying out is YouTube [however it is not movie related, but rather a "me losing weight and sharing my wisdom vlog" (and in German)]).

HOWEVER, movies are my passion, and collecting things is my passion, and so naturally collecting movie editions and talking about them in great detail is something that my heart still beats for, so I won't be gone ore anything, it will just be more concentrated on fewer things. And for this post to finally get back to movies, I am going to talk about a label that I've already discovered years ago, that does some really awesome editions, but that hasn't been talked on this forum to this day! And I think it's a shame, so I am changing this, because today I received another order from them including four movies - normally I would open up a thread for each movie and pull out all the information on the release, the other releases, the movie, etc. plus add all the information on the label and what to expect - I am not doing this, but rather just present you the label here, tell you what makes them special, and list the movies (plus pictures) that I bought.

So let's stop the wining and get to it, then: BILDSTÖRUNG is a German label that was founded in the last decade, and had their first release (if I am not mistaken) in 2008. From their first release on they started with a mission, which was to not concentrate on the mainstream, but to look at the movies on the edge, movies that where told differently, that experimented, that tried to develop new styles and that had their own vision of what film could be and what film is capable of. These movies, in the definition of the label, disturbed the homogeneous picture of mainstream that just presented things that the majority wanted to see, which is why Bildstörung chose it's name - it can be translated as "image interference".

In their catalogue, that in the past 12 years grew to 37 releases, they totally concentrated on these movies, movies that where ahead of their time, and that - by sheer existence - even sometimes managed to direct the mainstream into a different direction. Or so they say ;) 

What's interesting about this label is that from the beginning on, they understood how different they where and tried to portrait this individuality in their releases, not only by collecting some of the most outstanding movies from around the world, but also by how they presented them. The releases in their collection are called "Drop Out", and bear a spine number, each Release comes in a Fullslip-like thin slipcase, but even in 2008 they already understood what collectors like, so the slipcases themselves come with something that can be best described by "dust jackets" like you have them with books. These dust jackets have all the nastiness like the blue stripe you'd had to have, or the FSK logo, amongst other things, while the Fullslip remains absolutely clean in artwork, and looks stunningly beautiful. In GERMANY! As soon as 2008!!! While others where printing the FSK seals on their slipcovers!!! But that's not all: These Slipcases open in the wrong direction, i.e. when you face the front cover upwards, the opening is on the left. If you know Blufans, it's exactly the same thing. Inside you always get a clear transparent DVD-sized Amaray. G1, from the beginning, up till now. The Coverartwork inside is often a large scenary image, or some portraits, etc. and just that, no text, or anything. Therefore if you open those up, you ALWAYS get a booklet that makes up for the missing text on the Amaray cover. And it's always (as far as I know) a dual disk set, sometimes even three disks, but always the second disk is a bonus disk, sometimes even a Soundtrack.

After their first 10 movies (Tras el Cristal, Bad Boy Bubby, Marquis, ¿Quien Puede Matar a un Nino?, La Bête, Possession, Overlord, Valerie, Arrebato, De bruit et de fureur) they switched to Blu-ray, with their first release in 2011: "Clean, Shaven". They conntinued their line as if nothing happened, only that now you could choose between a DVD or BD-release, that basically look identical with the only difference being the Discs (of course) as well as the dust jacket design to distinguish them. Two of their old releases have gotten a BD-release as well (La Bête and Possession), the others we don't know if it'll ever happen. However if the release sells out, Bildstörung (in the past) has released so called "budget" versions, that would just include the Amaray with the main movie disk, without the extras for a much cheaper price (10€ vs. 20€ for the first pressing) with a reversible cover (without all the nasties on it). Oh and one more thing: If you order with them directly, you'd usually also get some goodies (as long as they have them on stock): High quality photo-postcards, or poster artwork postcards, sometimes even foto-quality high-gloss cards.

And as you maybe have already seen: Their movies come from all around the world. You'd get movies from Czech, Russia, Hungary, France, Germany, Brazil, Mexico, Greece, Belgium, Italy, India, Serbia, the Soviet Union - yes, even countries that do not longer exist.

There are of course a lot of movies that look totally strange, so I never got into digging in on everything they have, but I found some movies that had some great recommendations in their catalogue, and so I placed two orderes with them and also collected some other titles from local retailers when they where on sale, or cheap used copies.

Here is what came in today, and I took some photos of them with the dust jacket, without the dust jacket (some have a list of titles they already released on the back side), as well as every edition in detail. I also took the time to get out all the other titles I own to make a group picture, however I did not do any detailed pictures. My current order included:

• Drop Out 019: Henry - Portrait of a Serial Killer
  • Drop Out 035: The Wild Boys
  • Drop Out 036: Baby Blood
  • Drop Out 037: Komm und Sieh

And I already had those titles in my collection:

• Drop Out 006: Possession
  • Drop Out 024: Coherence
  • Drop Out 025: Es ist Schwer, Ein Gott zu Sein
  • Drop Out 029: The Eyes of my Mother
  • Drop Out 033: The Friendly Beast
  • Drop Out 034: Luz

Before I post the pictures, if you've read so far, let me know what you think! I feel like it is one of the very few labels that could compete with all the wonderful boutique labels out there (like Criterion, pH Indicator, Eureka, etc.), and I could imagine, that there is a similar fanbase, i.e. people who like those labels could easily be won for this label. Do you like the releases? Something you might even consider getting? And out of their 37 releases, which one would the first movies be, that you'd get, i.e. what are your top x picks, regarding the lineup?

And now, without further redue:

20210118_125348.jpg

20210118_125439.jpg

20210118_125529.jpg

20210118_125648.jpg

20210118_125730.jpg

20210118_125739.jpg

20210118_125835.jpg

20210118_125906.jpg

20210118_130522.jpg

20210118_130555.jpg

20210118_130617.jpg

20210118_130628.jpg

20210118_130904.jpg

20210118_130917.jpg

20210118_130947.jpg

20210118_131032.jpg

20210118_131106.jpg

20210118_131136.jpg

20210118_131151.jpg

20210118_131212.jpg

20210118_131444.jpg

20210118_131428.jpg

20210118_131521.jpg

20210118_131555.jpg

20210118_131630.jpg

20210118_131647.jpg

20210118_131710.jpg

20210118_131725.jpg

20210118_131930.jpg

20210118_131949.jpg

20210118_132022.jpg

20210118_132103.jpg

20210118_132132.jpg

20210118_132145.jpg

20210118_132202.jpg

20210118_132211.jpg

20210118_132258.jpg

20210118_132553.jpg

• Like 4

🥤Good day here @pygospa I so love your passion for other labels and I do enjoy reading your posts❣️

That being said I’m not actually enthused on getting into another label like BILDSTÖRUNG because (& no offense) of their non-English booklets...  

I still look forward to “any” of your posts/threads my good friend! 😊

happy best friends GIF

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Veum said:

🥤Good day here @pygospa I so love your passion for other labels and I do enjoy reading your posts❣️

Haha, as usually, the first to reply :) Thank you for the lovely feedback. It's always nice if the work you put into something get's appreciated, and it's so much more fun doing it :)

12 minutes ago, Veum said:

That being said I’m not actually enthused on getting into another label like BILDSTÖRUNG because (& no offense) of their non-English booklets...  

None taken! I totally get that, and I guess I'd feel the same in your position. Let's put it like this: I also often buy Asian releases, and when there's a booklet that's just in the native language I am also a bit disappointed. However, those editions normally make up for any insufficiency (i.e. exclusive and stunning steelbook artworks, beautifully designed fullslips, cards, etc.). I don't care at all if it's English, as I can understand it, and I'd also be intrigued if it was en francais, quoique mon francais est tres mal. Y tambien hablo un poco espanol. But yeah. If the edition was so great that I'd love having it, I'd go for it and scan it, run text recognition on it and feed it to Google, I guess. But if the text is important to you, then these are definately not the best releases to get, as the rest of the package is not as special compared to something like the above mentioned asian releases.

So I totally get where you are coming from!

18 minutes ago, Veum said:

I still look forward to “any” of your posts/threads my good friend! 😊

And I'll promise to try my very best :D

• Like 1