IGNORED

UHD CLUB UHD CLUB List (UC Series / EC Series / DP Series)

extantsrevenge

28 minutes ago, TheAmarayMan said:

I prefer UHD CLUB to return to hardcases & full slip editions. I do not mind the dunkirk full slip wooden case though.

Wood just does not fit well into my collection. Also i prefer if Lord of tge rings & the Hobbit where in a trilogy hardcase like the Dark Knight, it would save space. 

No thanks. More wood

• Like 7
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 hours ago, RAK said:

Agreed, prefer the wood. It’s something different, and they do a pretty good job. 

Well is better than amarays

I do wonder if this chap has even heard of steelbooks 🤣

I mean with a name like amaray man he's setting the world alight with that 🤣

But I agree with rest of germans

I got wood 🤣🤣🤣

Basil 🤣

• Haha 3

On 7/4/2023 at 10:23 PM, Basil said:

Well is better than amarays

I do wonder if this chap has even heard of steelbooks 🤣

I mean with a name like amaray man he's setting the world alight with that 🤣

But I agree with rest of germans

I got wood 🤣🤣🤣

Basil 🤣

Yes this chap has heard of steelbooks, I used to be obsessed with them. However like wood, steelbooks are too fragile for my daily use.

Hence my nickname amaray man I prefer to keep my library very simple. I prefer to collect full slip amarays & digipaks.

I actually care more for saving up for the hardware tv projector , players and sound system more than displaying metal and wood.

To each there own, i should never mentioned wood it steered things up. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 1:49 PM, Gary K said:

I guess we all have our preferences.   I personally love the individual wooden cases. 

Me too. 

I discovered UHD Club wood with "The Last Emperor", and it seemed to me something sublime, special, refined, a real collector's item. The mere gesture of coming in those elegant black boxes, wrapped, and holding it in your hand... it's a great moment. I love it.

In fact, that's why I sold my lenticular edition of "The green mile", to fund that nice UHD Club wood. It was a mistake, then I ran out of both; but I loved the wood so much after that first experience, I didn't hesitate. 

Still, that doesn't mean I don't like hard cases. They are really spectacular. The Nolan DP collection is a real collector's item, a must have. A monument to the physical format when you see them all together.

But I think they are two parallel lines that can coexist.

I have "Apollo 13" and it's sublime, great; and I also have "Farewell my concubine" and it is beautiful. Really beautiful. 

On 5/23/2023 at 12:20 PM, Casiusco said:

And Tenet?

It's been a couple of years, it's been a long time since there was a 4K disc, and we've had the UHD Club DP "Nolan collection" on hold for a long, long time.

I love new UHD club releases, the more... the better, but.... What about that one? Will it ever come?

By the way, about the Nolan issue, to the request -or wish- that they don't abandon this series, and that they give us news of a possible future release of "Tenet", now I add "Oppenheimer" to this little dream. 

The day I can put them together with Nolan's other 7 UHD Club DP's, all 9 together, that day we will have THE PICTURE. 

Something that will then be almost impossible to achieve, and it's going to be spectacular together. 

Please, UHD Club team, don't forget us! 🤘

• Like 8

• 1 month later...