• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Look at this Cat's Eyes is finally getting a BD releases in the US

71gcrAYpwSL._SL1500_.jpg

from ‎ Discotek Media (great label). Really looking forward to this. Pre-order already placed.

92iH.gif

now come on and also bring me Yawara

b575caebc009e47d863c4c01eefd786770f85489.gifv

So many great shows still missing a BD release 😥

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

^^ Glad to see you placed an order for "Cat's Eye" @extantsrevenge ! (others note: it will be Region A locked).

Indeed, Discotek is an incredible Label and one of the only few we can depend on for bringing us nostalgic classics on Blu, since the majority only focus on current and forthcoming titles, unless it's a title that historically prints money on every new release, sigh.

You may also be interested that they have a Steel for "Angel Cop" in the pipe (which was given a new QC swipe) and also a  Steel for "Konosuba".

Both come very highly recommended!

😍

edit: oh, should note, that RightStuf is a great place for picking up Discotek titles folks.

You can even 'filter' your search by checking them off on the left hand "Publisher" column after expanding it.

Edited by Grendel
  • Like 3

Hi @Mattrivers95;  (and Friends) 😀

I think you'll quickly fall in love with Konosuba.

The Steel coming, is of S-1 ( S-2 will follow, I'm confident) however both S-1 and S-2 amarays have been out and available for some time now.

Both in NA via Discotek and in UK by AtA (who also did a lovely CE set I picked up but sadly, it's sold out).

Anyway, it's an Isekai however far different from the norm, as it's principally a comedy and the quartet of misfits we follow, are quite powerful in both magic and brawn but complete morons when it comes to social skills and common sense.

Imho, one of the funniest Anime I've ever seen and considered by many, the gold standard on how to do a comedic adventure yarn right!

Highly recommended, my friends.

• Like 3

Hey Guys!!…

Last week I finished “Black Clover”!!!… But OMG!! The series didn’t end at all!!… Hahaaa… I was like “What The Hell!??”… 🤣🤣 We are supposed to get a Movie this year!!!… Have high hopes for that one!!… 😃😃😬😬

God I enjoyed this anime so much…

I just started to watch “Jujutsu Kaisen”. I’m at Ep5… Very promising series!! I’m exciting as this year we will get a Movie and then S2!!… 😃😃

image.gif

image.gif

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Guys!!…

Last week I finished “Black Clover”!!!… But OMG!! The series didn’t end at all!!… Hahaaa… I was like “What The Hell!??”… 🤣🤣 We are supposed to get a Movie this year!!!… Have high hopes for that one!!… 😃😃😬😬

I just started to watch “Jujutsu Kaisen”. I’m at Ep5… Very promising series!! I’m exciting as this year we will get a Movie and then S2!!… 😃😃

image.gif

image.gif

I loved Black Clover. Hopefully we get more since the manga is still going.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, LeGonze said:

Hey Guys!!…

image.gif

image.gif

What a coincidence!!!

Just yesterday I was talking about Jujutsu Kaisen movie and look!! Today we got a Premier date for Latin America!!… March 24th!!… 😅😅

095766AE-4713-4B56-BB3D-8850146CF7D4.png

• Like 4

On 1/17/2022 at 10:01 PM, LeGonze said:

To be honest I think we can use it as a general thread… There’s not much movement in the Anime section to spread the little talk we have into different threads… That’s why I’ve been using it as a General Thread… That’s my opinion… Lets hear some others… ☺️☺️

On 1/17/2022 at 10:03 PM, Mattrivers95 said:

I think this thread is perfect for what you’re describing, inevitability news about forthcoming releases and recent purchases are popular, but the most interesting topics tend to focus on shows that people haven’t seen and are curious about. That’s certainly my reason for coming here anyway as I only recently jumped back on the anime bandwagon after falling off in the early 2000’s (and subsequently missing out on a golden era lol).

On 1/18/2022 at 7:14 PM, Grendel said:

Good Evening My Friends;  🙂

I understand your trepidation @AndroiDad75 with the possibility of circumventing the purpose of the Thread however, I'll be first to admit that this Thread has provided the easiest and I suppose best access to our little corner of the community so, yeah, free and open discussion of all topics it not only supported but highly recommended!   😊

The "Collection Thread" still serves well, I'd suggest for tossing up pics of our well, "collections" and the "Related Thread" serves well for posting items such as Manga, Figures, Cells, tapestry and other odds and ends.

Having a central locale with which to keep abreast of new exciting activities though, regardless of the age of the subject material, needs a focus and I think this Thread works admirably. 👍

I'm also happy to see, that our other friends here are of similar opinion.

Glad to see ya drop back in @Squeegie McGee😉

I responded to your query in the "Weathering With You" Thread but the details are in a Post I provided above.

In New News... I've started to receive a few eds from AtA offered in their Christmas sale.

The gorgeous Book that accompanies the ed of "Belladonna Of Sadness" arrived and was packaged bullet-proof I was happy to see.

The Blu is in the pipe but for whatever reason, is coming separate.

Also have a few others in the pipe and I'll make notice on their arrival.

One thing I wanted to mention though, was there is a "Disc Replacement Program" in the works regarding the NGE sets, both the UE and the CE.

It's dealing with one of the Bonus materials, that being subs missing for the "End of Eva" remix version on Disc 5 of the affected sets.

Not a huge issue but here's a link to the disc replacement program currently running for NA.

Links;

https://www.shoutfactory.com/replacement/neon-genesis-evangelion-the-complete-series

I have yet to see what AtA is offering in similar fashion.

There's a number of discussion Forums regarding this folks, so take a look about if you have interest.

I'm personally going to submit a request in with Shout, as that's where I bought my copies but I'm not keeping updated on all the info circulating.

As for my AtA UE set, like others, I'm awaiting word on what their plans are.

Cheers my friends! 🙂

Thanks everyone for the feedback.  It's crazy how fast time is moving right now, I can't believe we are already getting ready for March.

I have a question for the group...  For those anime's that have both the TV series and the Movies, how best would I know in which order to watch them?  I'm assuming, although maybe that assumption is a poor one, that there is an order I'd want to watch them and it probably changes based on the series.  Is there a website that would give me recommendations on when to watch a movie vs. the TV series?

I have also taken the recommendations from all of you on grabbing a few of the Studio Ghibli releases as I have seen them on sale.  I will be watching them with the boys as we find time!

I hope everyone has been having a great start to the year!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

So I got a new toy to enjoy watching my anime and reading manga and was able to catch up to one anime's current episode after they released the second cour of season 1. I've seen the first cour and after the first episode, it got me dialed in. 

If you haven't watched 86, I  HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!   The anime is pretty freakin good! 

The animation is top notch and the music gets you in the feels.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★
On 2/24/2022 at 1:35 AM, AndroiDad75 said:

I have a question for the group...  For those anime's that have both the TV series and the Movies, how best would I know in which order to watch them?  I'm assuming, although maybe that assumption is a poor one, that there is an order I'd want to watch them and it probably changes based on the series.  Is there a website that would give me recommendations on when to watch a movie vs. the TV series?

MyAnimeList.net is a very good site to see in which order you should see something. Simply enter the series you are interested scroll down a little and you will see "Related Anime" divided into for example: Sequel, Summary, Alternate Version, Spin-Off and more. If the Movie is a compilation movie of a series you can basically always skip these, most of them are not good, since they leave out to much stuff and are a confusing mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

MyAnimeList.net is a very good site to see in which order you should see something. Simply enter the series you are interested scroll down a little and you will see "Related Anime" divided into for example: Sequel, Summary, Alternate Version, Spin-Off and more. If the Movie is a compilation movie of a series you can basically always skip these, most of them are not good, since they leave out to much stuff and are a confusing mess.

I use MAL to keep track of my animes I'm watching. They also have a manga section too!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

So @extantsrevenge, if I use Demon Slayer as an example.. Here's what I found using that site:

image.png.3fe2860d9d0af35e4d363f977e784a0c.png

So does that mean the order of viewing is to watch the whole series first and then the movie?  I thought my son said something like the movie kind of takes place during one of the seasons....  So would I not want to watch the movie at some point during that season before moving on to the next?  Although, I am totally open to the fact that I may have misunderstood what he was trying to tell me too.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndroiDad75 said:

So @extantsrevenge, if I use Demon Slayer as an example.. Here's what I found using that site:

image.png.3fe2860d9d0af35e4d363f977e784a0c.png

So does that mean the order of viewing is to watch the whole series first and then the movie?  I thought my son said something like the movie kind of takes place during one of the seasons....  So would I not want to watch the movie at some point during that season before moving on to the next?  Although, I am totally open to the fact that I may have misunderstood what he was trying to tell me too.... 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Here ya go buddy! @AndroiDad75

Screenshot_20220228-175919_Google.thumb.jpg.35c3ce63e32464eab9ca91885c8d6133.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2