IGNORED

Media Psychos Sci-Fi Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

We are very happy to present to you today our newest Award ☺️. Finally I give to you the

SCI-FI AWARD

new_award_GlowingLayersLogo_green.gif.66fea5fedad4b888dc97d292c373c8a5.gif

This Award is also part of our Cinematic History Award group which will feature specifc movie decades (like the 90s) and other Genre Awards ( for example the Fantasy Award). Be sure to check out all our great awards.

The first Stage in our Sci-Fi Award is called: May the Force be with You!

The fantastic award logo was created by @Cornbuster  🙏

Sci-FiAward.png.c2833cbd9360425737c252f212e4b6fc.png

The Sci-Fi Genre has such unlimited potential and gives the viewers the chance

Toexplore.gif.91502f51fbdd02a093b3f1f9f3c67c46.gif

toseekout.gif.9d4383c6c24d1bfd8c1a1b42b2fedbc2.gif

and

ToBoldlyGo.gif.ca191944d4bf5c78b2023ee9bb3f27ed.gif

Together let us dive into the far reaches of space, travel to the future, discover the Final Frontier of the boundless Genre that is Science Fiction.

so-it-begins-498-x-255-gif-qqlr454ju1ghsy37.gif

To receive Stage 1: May the Force be with You!

You have to make and show us pictures of 25 different Sci-Fi Movies from your collection.

If you include Collections/Boxsets from Sci-Fi Series, all movies included in the Set will count towards the Award.

Important! Movies shown should be clearly associated to the Sci-Fi Genre.

To make it more interesting in this first Stage only a limited amount of Superhero Movies are allowed. These are mainly the titles that take place in Space or have other huge Sci-Fi elements included.

At the moment the following are allowed: Guradians of the Galaxy 1-3, Avengers Infinity War, Endgame, Thor 3 & 4, Eternals, Doctor Strange 2, Ant-Man 3, Man of Steel, Zack Snyder's Justice League.

We want to see Space Epics, revolutionary future depictions of Mankind or Robot uprisings

TH19.gif

This award is not limited to any specific packaging type! Everything is allowed! Steelbooks, Digipacks, Premiums, Amaray, Sets, even DVD or VHS if you still have them.

The pictures have to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Please make sure that we can see the cover/front of each movie and edition, no spine pictures are allowed in this award.

And now participate and

star-wars-han-solo.gif

Another very special thanks goes to @raylight who created all the great New Award and Award Received gifs you will see in this Topic and other topics.

And don't forget to check out our awesome award section for all our great awards. We continually expand our selection 😃

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes.

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5
  • Love 4

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for sharing your amazing collections with the community.

giphy.gif

You all @extantsrevenge @bl4ck5t3r @CAYENNE-FAHRER @raylight @bossjon @hansreinhardt @Heywoodmoutaw @JojoFrance76 @Veum @hal56 @cypheria078 @Mrdugan @upmaniac @jwhitm3 @tigrou82 @MikeH5856 have shown that

Forceisstronginmyfamily.gif.f8187497dd01af9fccfc89b5df23da70.gif

The Media Psychos Family❤️

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

• ★ Administrators ★

Sci-Fi is my favorite genre, I love to be able to experience things that are not possible for us in the real world. Seeing other worlds, creatures, timelines, universes and futures, is simply the best.

For my submission I choose to go completely with the theme Space 😍. In the top row you see the Mobile Suit Gundam Movie Trilogy (the original Series is celebration this year its 45th Anniversary and I'm currently watching my Japan Blu-ray release 🤩). The Macross Movie DVD 🤬, when will I ever get an english friendly Blu-ray of this Sci-Fi Masterpiece. And I could not do this submission without showing the mavelous Legend of the Galactic Heroes (2 movies included in the Sets), so I'm actually showing 30 Movies 😁.

Sci-FiAward.thumb.JPG.d9de890e8b56c97c5d2f5d055ee3f2da.JPG

• Like 22
  • Love 4

28 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

and

Together let us dive into the far reaches of space, travel to the future, discover the Final Frontier of the boundless Genre that is Science Fiction.

Bro you got it backwards. "Strange New Worlds" goes before "Where No One Has Gone Before", not to mention it's missing a segment.

As a sci-fan, I am deeply ashamed.

As founder of the Star Trek club (graveyard), I am very angry at you.

I am going to send a strongly worded letter to you, expect hell in the mail!

• Like 2
  • Haha 10

41 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

toseekout.gif.9d4383c6c24d1bfd8c1a1b42b2fedbc2.gif

and

You see what happens when you complain obnoxiously? You get what you want! Let this be a lesson to all of you, and your children. Always speak to the manager!

Always Sunny Fx GIF by It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Missi Pyle Karen GIF by MOODMAN

• Haha 11

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, InfiniteDoors said:

Bro you got it backwards. "Strange New Worlds" goes before "Where No One Has Gone Before", not to mention it's missing a segment.

As a sci-fan, I am deeply ashamed.

As founder of the Star Trek club (graveyard), I am very angry at you.

I am going to send a strongly worded letter to you, expect hell in the mail!

william-shatner-shocked.gif

I actually only wanted to include 1 part and 1 gif, then I got carried away and added the 2nd.

Obviously without thinking how it would impact the life and feelings of others 🤣, stupid me..

slapping-self-james-kirk-9swo5gkuypsdwzb5.gif

As it is indeed unforgivable, I corrected the mistake. The argument is simply

star-trek-spock.gif

• Haha 13

1 minute ago, extantsrevenge said:

william-shatner-shocked.gif

I actually only wanted to include 1 part and 1 gif, then I got carried away and added the 2nd.

Obviously without thinking how it would impact the life and feelings of others 🤣, stupid me..

slapping-self-james-kirk-9swo5gkuypsdwzb5.gif

As it is indeed unforgivable, I corrected the mistake. The argument is simply

star-trek-spock.gif

Thank you kind sir

... Unfortunately, I already sent hell in the mail. Maybe throw it into the fireplace when it arrives...

disgusted harry potter GIF

• Haha 10

I tried to use not the standard-known Sci-Fi movies like Star Wars, Star Trek, Alien etc.

Here's my selection:

IMG_8830.thumb.JPG.241c172d94716dc76d3ab54a26d5435c.JPG

A special finding is "Roboter der Sterne" which was a present from some friends of mine.

And, if you know them, they always search for a "special trash" item for me... 😂

By the way...I have not seen "Iron Sky" so far but I think it might be nearly in the same league as "Roboter der Sterne". Will be a funny movie night... 😄👍

• Like 22

• ★ Administrators ★

giphy-1.gif?w=980&q=75

did I just see 300 show up in your submission @CAYENNE-FAHRER, that can only count as Fantasy. Also in Stage 1 no series allowed.

But your additional post makes up for it 😃

1fc5a35d612e38c76decf560597345ff.gif

Congrats

new_award_HiTechTunnelLogoReveal_blue.gif.15f799801b5e2f4dc25f35ebae7fa266.gif

My reaction when I saw Power Rangers included 😂

power-rangers-kimberly-hart.gif

did not expect that at all @raylight , very nice and alternative selection 👍

Iron Sky is actually funny, the 2nd then is getting horrible 😅

Anyway you certainly got a

tumblr_lsqkld7W3T1qj2o24o1_500.gif

for the award.

award_received_starexplode.gif.c241a7a2a0953ddd9dbfeaf933cc341e.gif

53 minutes ago, raylight said:

@extantsrevenge

Nils, it's Valentine's Day !

So THANKS to YOU for your effort here@MP and you as special admin also deserve to get your own award gif.

nils_special.gif.7b902d7eae28a71ddc5f35246c5d18b5.gif

782b157344b3ae1b7a438150d1b09227.gif

Thank you ❤️

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Here's my submission for the sci-fi award. Tried to challenge myself to do it without Star Trek and Star Wars. My basement doesn't have great lighting so please excuse the glare.

Also... having Supernova and 2001 that close together might cause the universe to implode, sorry about that. 😆

IMG_1330.thumb.jpg.8ca5a71395cf96b6cb777c74ef4eb910.jpg

Edited by hansreinhardt
  • Like 17

9 minutes ago, hansreinhardt said:

Here's my submission for the sci-fi award. Tried to challenge myself to do it without Star Trek and Star Wars. My basement doesn't have great lighting so please excuse the glare.

Also... having Supernova and 2001 that close together might cause the universe to implode, sorry about that. 😆

IMG_1330.thumb.jpg.8ca5a71395cf96b6cb777c74ef4eb910.jpg

Extra points for a very nice graphic layout with the floor!  And 2001 Manta in the hero spot.  Obviously you're a creative professional. :) 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Ok, I don’t *think* this is going to be necessary, we’ll find out when I get home tonight, but can you use 2 releases of the same movie?  I think I’m up to 3 different releases of BR 2049 at this point, for instance.

I'm sure @extantsrevenge will weigh in to answer your question here, BUT in the meantime, have you seen the gotta have them all, three-of-a-kind award? Your BR2049 releases would be right at home there too 😀

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, hansreinhardt said:

I'm sure @extantsrevenge will weigh in to answer your question here, BUT in the meantime, have you seen the gotta have them all, three-of-a-kind award? Your BR2049 releases would be right at home there too 😀

Hate to admit it, but I’ve mostly only got 2 copies of a lot of movies, not enough 3 of a kind to qualify.  I have some blu rays to family members after I picked up 4K copies (which usually come with blu rays) and cheated myself out of that award :(  

• Like 5