IGNORED

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Disney 100 Collection) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]

ShadowWarrior

• ShadowWarrior changed the title to Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (Disney 100 Collection) (4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) (Only @ Best Buy) [USA]

Do we know for sure this, and the rest of the OG Trilogy, is part of the new Disney 100 collection? Based on the revealed designs so far, that would be disappointing considering the atrocious art choices. I literally just decided yesterday to pre-order these hoping for something different.

Might be the fastest pre-order cancellation in history if this is true lol.

delete black and white GIF

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, TechSpec924 said:

Do we know for sure this, and the rest of the OG Trilogy, is part of the new Disney 100 collection? Based on the revealed designs so far, that would be disappointing considering the atrocious art choices. I literally just decided yesterday to pre-order these hoping for something different.

It's almost guaranteed this will be a low effort piece.

Though, I'm happy to be proven wrong.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I'm inclined to agree with you at this juncture. They have already shown up on the D100 page on Best Buy's website with corresponding SKUs for that product range. Just discovered this fact a little while ago. So...that's not encouraging.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

I know Disney owns the SW saga, but I would never think of the original trilogy as three  “Disney movies”.   Seems odd to include them in a D100 commemorative series.  I guess the younger generation probably does think of them as Diz movies.  Makes no sense to me though.  They really should buy Space balls to complete the saga.  

rick moranis helmet GIF

• Like 3

8 hours ago, TechSpec924 said:

Not exactly 100% confirmed. It's listed under the 100 collection on Best Buy but we shall see, hope not.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Well that's an easy skip for me. Such a shame because I don't have steels yet for the OT trilogy, as I've become a collector after all the good ones have sold out and I don't want to go down the eBay route (yet). 

All of these "100" Disney steels are quite ugly. No offense to those who are planning on getting them but these designs are just lazy and uninspired. 

• Like 6

Awards

5 hours ago, extantsrevenge said:

image.png.de0c2aa5c323523e315f94d2ee48bd3e.png

baby-groot-vomit.gif

What a way to wake up! Looked at my phone, and this artwork reveal made me run straight for the toilet...

Star Wars Baby Yoda GIF by Mashable

But I had a feeling Disney would give these the same treatment. And when you really stop to think about 100 years of Disney, Star Wars shouldn't really be in that conversation. So many things Disney could have done with this.... Yet another epic failure.

fail star wars GIF

The Disney 100 Blu-ray releases look to have slipcovers. Those full-cover character designs would have been MUCH better on the steelbooks, while also providing some continuity between the two release lines.

Oh well...hopefully the massive influx of Best Buy order cancellations is giving those execs a headache....

• Like 6