IGNORED

Media Psychos Psycho Challenge! NEW: CHALLENGE 38 IS NOW LIVE!

extantsrevenge

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
4 minutes ago, hal56 said:

Hi @cypheria078,

here is my selection of 5 favourites for challenge 31:

All the President´s Men:

image.thumb.jpeg.c42e8a8c55e44512d20c3325d3ad0923.jpeg

Dog Day Afternoon:

image.thumb.jpeg.c50486eaeab12adbcf992a410f11e398.jpeg 

The Insider:

image.thumb.jpeg.cafc30372db7d076c21d0e65ea8c77e8.jpeg

Der Untergang:

image.thumb.jpeg.35f1b3e8aa57fe8ed4faae67caefaf31.jpeg

The Wolf of Wall Street:

image.thumb.jpeg.518173d0ee7b855efb59697f35ee8c4f.jpeg

Thank you @hal56

It makes me think I need to watch again The Insider 🙂

• Like 8

🧋🤠 🎬 👊 thank you @cypheria078 Tom for this very interesting challenge! :)

CHALLENGE 31 DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN ?

Braveheart - Braveheart follows the story of its protagonist William Wallace, who leads the people of Scotland against its invaders, that were the English. It depicts the battle of Stirling Bridge, which was a true event in history. The plot of the movie revolves around Wallace's life, until his death, and his sacrifice for his country.

Schindler’s List - Oskar Schindler was a real man who really did own a factory, and he actually did help hundreds of Jews escape death during the Holocaust. Further, the unfettered brutality of the Nazi regime, and the horrors of the event, are on full display in the film.

Psycho - Psycho was based on Robert Bloch’s book and according to Chameleontruecrimestories.com, Bloch wrote the book thinking about a killer named Ed Gein. Bloch lived in Wisconsin and Gein was arrested only 50 miles from where he lived, so he took an interest.

The Exorcist - Perhaps the scariest Exorcist fact of all is that it was based on a true story. In 1949, the real exorcism of a boy known as Roland Doe became international news and inspired the writing of the script. The boy’s real name was never released, but it has been confirmed that his exorcisms were performed in Cottage City, Maryland.

Tombstone - Tombstone is inspired by a true story. Written by Kevin Jarre, it is loosely based on the records of the O.K. Corral shootout and the Earp Vendetta Ride. While some creative liberties have been taken in the film, its depiction of the events surrounding Wyatt Earp and Doc Holliday, along with the rest of the motley crew, is fairly accurate.

82820DC0-EEB9-46E6-83AE-E1EAA868EF3C.thumb.jpeg.8518018b1b489689b97230477a546624.jpeg

Edited by Veum
  • Like 20

@extantsrevenge  Challenge 30 - The Villains!

The Goldbergs Badboy GIF by ABC Network

Joker: Joaquin Phoenix: Arthur Fleck (Joker)

The Dark Knight: Heath Ledger (Joker)

War for the Planet of the Apes: Woody Harrelson (Colonel)

Matrix: Hugo Weaving: (Agent Smith)

Elysium: Sharlto Copley (M. Kruger)

Heat: Robert De Niro (Neil McCauley)

Avengers: Josh Brolin (Thanos)

image.thumb.jpeg.89c97a693ff049da58c48e232ff10de3.jpeg

... and many more !!

• Like 18

On 4/23/2023 at 8:38 AM, extantsrevenge said:

I'm happy to present to you our next challenge.

Challenge

giphy.gif

The Villains!

Here are my picks for Challenge 30, @extantsrevenge

1. Darth Vader

star wars lack of faith GIF

2. Khan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Star Trek Spock GIF

3. Hannibal Lecter

Silence Of The Lambs Hannibal GIF

4. Agent Smith

sci fi 90s GIF

5. The Joker

dc comics joker GIF

As far as which is my favorite, I’m gonna go with Heath Ledger’s The Joker in The Dark Knight. I absolutely love how this character was handled here, and the way Nolan treats him as a pure chaos agent with little motivations beyond anarchy. Plus Ledger’s performance was just brilliant.

8F5361A0-7253-4723-A87B-33E57925BA85.thumb.jpeg.e310cc02627a2b416c57b440ab11f410.jpeg

• Like 19

3 hours ago, cypheria078 said:

Hey psyhcos ! I'm happy to present to you our next challenge.

CHALLENGE 31 DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN ?

There are many movies based on true story or events , and even though some of the stories are very freely adapted by the director, the fact remains that sometimes you can ask to yourself ! "wow did that really happen for real ?"

Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

So this week we want to know what are your 5 favorite adaptations of true events/stories (or supposed to be)

Every type of packaging is allowed

Biopics are allowed but limited to 2

Thank you for your participation and I'm looking forward to see your favorites 🙂

Thank you, @cypheria078 for Challenge 31!

DE4828C0-C01A-4AC6-A172-30A41DEFFC0F.thumb.jpeg.6c617385443823db68de4d786edd8b11.jpeg

1. Goodfellas is an adaptation of the nonfiction book, Wiseguys, chronicling the life of mobster Henry Hill.

2. Argo is based on a true story about the CIA using a fake sci-fi film as a cover to rescue American hostages being held in Tehran.

3. Braveheart is based on the First Scottish War for Independence and may be one of the most historically inaccurate films ever made according to critics. 😂

4. The Aviator is a biopic about aviation magnate Howard Hughes and his OCD.

5. 1917 — based on stories Sam Mendes’s grandfather told to him about his service in World War I.

• Like 19

3 hours ago, cypheria078 said:

Hey Psychos ! I'm happy to present to you our next challenge.

CHALLENGE 31 DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN ?

There are many movies based on true story or events , and even though some of the stories are very freely adapted by the director, the fact remains that sometimes you can ask to yourself ! "wow did that really happen for real ?"

Paul Rudd Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

So this week we want to know what are your 5 favorite adaptations of true events/stories (or supposed to be)

Every type of packaging is allowed

Biopics are allowed but limited to 2

Thank you for your participation and I'm looking forward to see your favorites 🙂

20230430_102433.thumb.jpg.15698d8dba062436f971f3e0264647b2.jpg

Hey, did you guys know the Titanic was real??? 😱 😱 😱

• Like 19

CHALLENGE 31 DID THAT REALLY HAPPEN ?

Thank you @cypheria078 for this interesting challenge!

1. The Social Network: based on the creation of Facebook.

2. The French Connection: based on a real-life drug-smuggling case that took place in New York City in 1961.

3. The Great Escape: based on the mass escape of 76 Allied airmen from a Nazi POW camp in March 1944.

4. A Beautiful Mind: based on the life of mathematician John Nash and his battle with schizophrenia.

5. The Last Emperor: based on the life of Puyi, the final Emperor of China.

Challenge31.thumb.jpg.10b8227f48bb9bef9d56aab44a8b6940.jpg

Just thought it'd be fun to mention the intentional disclaimer in Fargo, if you know what I mean.🤣

fargo_true_story.jpg.15817adf9cad417c5f022c11eb87bc27.jpg

• Like 19

Awards

• ★ Administrators ★
40 minutes ago, Blu Magic Ray said:

@cypheria078 & @extantsrevenge ... Challenge #31  ... i love True Stories 😍

Happy Paul Rudd GIF by Saturday Night Live

DID IT REALLY HAPPEN ... ?? YES ... !!!

True Stories in HD

image.thumb.jpeg.731d6d5210dbe81e9b4c18d6d424ee7e.jpeg

True Stories in 4K UHD

image.thumb.jpeg.32388e815ac820e068629fd8b5ac64dc.jpeg

Thank you @Blu Magic Ray, great selection.

it’s funny, I watched Instant Family yesterday (another movie based on a true story) and they mentionned The Blind Side many times and added it to my watchlist 🙂

• Like 8

CHALLENGE 31 - Did That Really Happen?

Thanks @cypheria078 for another great challenge!

300 - chronicles the Battle of Thermopylae, between the Greek city-state of Sparta and the Persian Empire.

Deepwater Horizon - one of the worst oil spills in U.S. history occurred when the Deepwater Horizon oil rig exploded in the Gulf of Mexico in April 2010.

Hacksaw Ridge - Conscientious Objector Desmond Doss served in WWII and earned the Congressional Medal of Honor without ever firing his weapon.

Midway - the epic story of the WWII Battle of Midway.

Remember the Titans - based on the real-life Virginia state football championship team from T.C. Williams High School in 1971.

20230430_113811.thumb.jpg.24ed79d7d491a778dbe74ef52e13f600.jpg

• Like 18

Thanks @extantsrevenge for challenge 30 with the villains!

My top five favorite villains are as follows:

1.  Amon Goeth - this is one of the great acted roles of all time.  It cast Ralph Fiennes into the lime light with his first Oscar nomination.  The essence of Fiennes’ Goeth is that he’s both disgusting and charismatic at the same time.  He is The Devil captured in human form.

Class GIF

IMG_5004.thumb.jpeg.feb2700049da3e6f6b75bed9f7fff8a8.jpeg

2. Hans Gruber - to me Rickman’s Gruber is the greatest fictional movie villain of all time.  It’s tragic that Rickman never received an Oscar nomination - especially for this role.  Die Hard isn’t the same movie without Rickman playing Gruber.

alan rickman Americans are all alike. GIF
IMG_5003.thumb.jpeg.811b35a3a0a439fc4fac9e2902dbac8e.jpeg

3. The Joker - Heath Ledger was taken for too soon from us.  His Joker earned him a Best Supporting Oscar and became the new standard for playing villains.  He was the most worn Halloween costume of 2008.  
why so serious GIF

IMG_5002.thumb.jpeg.3831d1d72f2a85c415a506d632c01c4f.jpeg

4. Biff Tannen - Tom Wilson hasn’t played a role more remembered than Biff.  Though he becomes a darker caricature of his initial role in consequent sequels, none of the performances are as fun as the first BttF.

Bully Biff GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

IMG_5005.thumb.jpeg.d6498a65b17ee374075168745d1ad195.jpeg

5. Tyler Durden - I can’t talk about him.

rule no. 1 fight club GIF

IMG_5006.thumb.jpeg.466784089f8275d396328ca7bfbbee03.jpeg

My favorite villain of all time is a television character.

supernatural crowley GIF

• Like 19

Thanks to @cypheria078 for creating this challenge # 31. Did that really happen?

Here is my 5 favorites that I've selected from my collection. Some are based on true events, some are biopics and some are a mixture of both.

1. Malcolm X (An awesome biopic from when he use to be 'Detroit Red' in his earlier days in life to when he transformed to actually becoming Malcolm X)

2. Richard Jewell (Based on the true story of the 1996 Centennial Olympic Park bombing and the security guard who noticed something suspicious)

3. Donnie Brasco (Based on the real life events of Joseph Pistone who infiltrated on of the New York mafia families)

4. Tyson (It chronicles the upbringing and reputation of Mike Tyson from his childhood all the way to up to his retirement from boxing)

5. Catch Me If You Can (Based on a few true events in the early 19th century)

IMG_0498.thumb.JPG.6958aca8de796328a78ed2b7f5be6514.JPG

• Like 18

Awards