IGNORED

Media Psychos Mediabook/Digibook Award

• ★ Administrators ★

Welcome Media Psychos Members!

We're happy to introduce our newest Award. The next Packaging Award is the

Mediabook/Digibook Collector Award

giphy.gif

This type of packaging is especially popular in Germany and is merging aspects of a book combined with a physical Disc release, resulting in the Mediabook. Check our or Medibook section if you are unfamiliar with this packaging type. A similar package with mostly different size compared to the Mediabook is the Digibook. The Digibook is more comon to the international marked. Check out our Digibook section here.

Like the other packaging awards this one will also have multiple stages. Each stage will be harder to get and we will introduce the other stages at a later point.

1st Stage: Mediabook/Digibook Collector (Members need 10 Mediabooks and/or Digibooks to get this)

2nd Stage: (will be introduced when Stage 1 has reached at least 50 submissions)

To get the Mediabook/Digibook Collector award and follow up awards or other packaging awards you are required to have a specific amount of releases with that packaging type and you have to show us a nice picture of that, really simple. The picture has to include your Media Psychos member card or other Media Psychos stuff, it can be a simple piece of paper on which you write your member name @ mediapsychos.com (for example). It really doesn't take that much time to add something like that and makes the pictures even more exciting for the community.

Important: Pictures for for the Mediabook/Digibook Collector Award have to show us the Frontside of the Mediabooks/Digibooks! No Spine pictures are allowed!

Remember a Mediabook and/or Digibook has the book bound inside the packaging, if your edition only has a loose booklet it does not qualify for the award, since it will be another packaging type.

The award and gif designs are all done by @raylight 🙏

2045339167_MediabookAward.png.5b8b24afe3a3437cc2da73d8774b3120.png

A list of all awards can be found in our Award Central. It will continue to grow with many fun awards for you to get.

We hope many of you participate. And don't forget to show your appreciation for all the great pictures posted here and give them some likes 😊

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★

Thanks for participating in our Mediabook/Digibook Collector Award and for sharing all these amazing Editions with us.

giphy.gif

Congratulations @extantsrevenge @Rockntoni87 @CAYENNE-FAHRER @Fortis93 @pluto57 @raylight @hal56 @Mithrandir2320 @Gary K @cypheria078 @Reagh @MikeH5856 @Sir-Godric @Stefbo86 @Casiusco @TheDavoser @Gladiator_MV @Cornbuster @Rambo @Mutantsmiley @Gentleman @Lwaz @nathan_s82 @defdan14 @ncraft @Ripper @Mrdugan @daetilus @upmaniac @Blu Magic Ray @jupiter7 @Zinco97 all of you earned your spot on this list and you're now proud recipients of the Media Psychos Mediabook/Digibook Collector Award.

K1q.gif

• Like 11
  • Thanks 6

• ★ Administrators ★
7 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

First, thank you for this new (funny!) award. ;)

It's always great to try to add more awards!

And second, just to see it clear and know if I can participate... What is the exact difference between a Mediabook and a Digibook?

The Mediabook has some pieces of paper in the middle that have info/photos about the movie. So you can open and read like a real book. A digibook does not have these, if I'm not wrong 😅

• Thanks 3

22 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

The Mediabook has some pieces of paper in the middle that have info/photos about the movie. So you can open and read like a real book. A digibook does not have these, if I'm not wrong 😅

Donald Trump GIF by Election 2016
Digibooks and Mediabooks are essentially the same - both have bound pages inside… which seems logical for a Digibook 😉

The main difference is mainly in size (Mediabooks are taller), type of material for the cover and country of manufacture (Mediabooks are almost exclusively made in Germany and Austria).

To quote the dark lord himself, I find your lack of knowledge in this matter… disturbing.

I’m currently debating whether this calls for immediate removal of your award 🤔

• Haha 10

• ★ Administrators ★
43 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

Digibooks and Mediabooks are essentially the same - both have bound pages inside… which seems logical for a Digibook 😉

The main difference is mainly in size (Mediabooks are taller), type of material for the cover and country of manufacture (Mediabooks are almost exclusively made in Germany and Austria).

To quote the dark lord himself, I find your lack of knowledge in this matter… disturbing.

I’m currently debating whether this calls for immediate removal of your award 🤔

I did not even realzie that @Casiusco wrote digibook, I thought about digipack and wrote digibook myself 😂.

Sad In A Box GIF

I admit I don't know much about these, as I never really bought them. I mainly want Steelbooks and end up with others when they look good and no Steelbook is available.

25 minutes ago, R1s1ngs0n said:

@extantsrevenge

I think the award should be renamed Digipack/Digibook/Mediabook Collector Award to allow the inclusion of all type of Digi-packaging, not just Mediabooks.

Whether UC digipacks should count is up to you.

I would be okay with adding Digibook if it is basically the same, but I'm not sure about the digipack 🤔

Feedback please 😅

• Like 5

25 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

I did not even realzie that @Casiusco wrote digibook, I thought about digipack and wrote digibook myself 😂.

Sad In A Box GIF

I admit I don't know much about these, as I never really bought them. I mainly want Steelbooks and end up with others when they look good and no Steelbook is available.

I would be okay with adding Digibook if it is basically the same, but I'm not sure about the digipack 🤔

Feedback please 😅

Digibooks are essentially the same as Mediabooks, just smaller and thinner.

In the photo I posted above; Dirty Harry, Sorcerer, North by Northwest, Mr. Smith Goes To Washington, Mutiny on the Bounty and The Princess Bride are all digibooks, whilst the rest are mediabooks.

And thank you very much for the award! 👍

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 7