IGNORED

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wtd

12 minutes ago, Wtd said:

Tagging the Book of Boba Fett discussion crew to get this thread going: @GuyIncognit0@Veum@Noir21@damships@Viper0210

Hopefully Obi Wan is a more consistently enjoyable experience than Boba Fett was.

episode 2 jedi GIF by Star Wars

Actually, I think it will be. I believe it's just one director for the entire series and she has worked on a few episodes for The Mandalorian already. It's also just one writer. So I think there will be a lot more consistency in terms of pacing and style. I'm just hoping to God we get some form of a Vader confrontation. 

200.gif

• Like 4

Awards

2 hours ago, Viper0210 said:

The trailer looks inspiring so hopefully it's a good series. I actually enjoyed the bobba fett series especially the ending. Hopefully with this series we get an insight into darth vader too.

Have you watched the animated series (Clone Wars and Rebels)? There seem to be a lot of references in the trailer and those shows give a ton of background and insight into Anakin, Obi Wan, and the others.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Wtd said:

Have you watched the animated series (Clone Wars and Rebels)? There seem to be a lot of references in the trailer and those shows give a ton of background and insight into Anakin, Obi Wan, and the others.

I halfway through Clone Wars. Rebels I finished in about a month. I was very hesitant because it was so kiddish and cartoony. But honestly after the first season, it got darker and the story was so good! I freaking loved it! Rebels was outstanding and its one of the best pieces of Star Wars media out there.

• Like 3

Awards

8 hours ago, Viper0210 said:

I watched part of clone wars and not watched rebels. Will have to catch up on those.

I really loved Rebels. The Twilight of the Apprentice arc in Rebels is, in my opinion, the best Star Wars storytelling ever (across all films and series). Clone Wars has a lot of filler episodes, you can probably find lists of important episodes to watch to understand certain important arcs.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

This is getting close and I'm hyped

Serious Star Wars GIF by Disney+

On 3/10/2022 at 9:54 PM, damships said:

I halfway through Clone Wars. Rebels I finished in about a month. I was very hesitant because it was so kiddish and cartoony. But honestly after the first season, it got darker and the story was so good! I freaking loved it! Rebels was outstanding and its one of the best pieces of Star Wars media out there.

Have you been able to get through a bit more of Clone Wars? It really starts to get good as you go along. 

• Like 2

• ★ Administrators ★
4 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

This is getting close and I'm hyped

Serious Star Wars GIF by Disney+

Have you been able to get through a bit more of Clone Wars? It really starts to get good as you go along. 

Clone wars gets incredible.   I absolutely loved it. 

really excited for Obi-Wan and Ashoko next year. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Gary K said:

Clone wars gets incredible.   I absolutely loved it. 

really excited for Obi-Wan and Ashoko next year. 

I'll be ecstatic if we get Clone Wars/Rebels-level story telling for Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. 

I'm really hoping we'll get a continuation of Rebels within Ahsoka. I'd love to learn what happened to Thrawn/Ezra

• ★ Administrators ★
Just now, GuyIncognit0 said:

I'll be ecstatic if we get Clone Wars/Rebels-level story telling for Obi-Wan and Ahsoka. 

I'm really hoping we'll get a continuation of Rebels within Ahsoka. I'd love to learn what happened to Thrawn/Ezra

I think it’s all but confirmed that we’re basically getting a rebels continuation in Ahsoka.   

with Filoni as show runner I would think the storytelling would be up to the standards of clone wars/rebels, so I’m cautiously optimistic.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/10/2022 at 8:34 AM, Gary K said:

Episodes 3 and 4 were some of the best Star Wars content I've seen in some time.  I totally got some live action Rebels feels as well.  Well done Deborah Chow.

I remember enjoying the episodes she directed in The Mandalorian.

I'm just having a very hard time with the action scenes. They are either poorly shot, choreographed, directed, or something. I don't know enough about film to really pinpoint it. I doubt it's the director because this had been an issue for a while because it was also apparent in the Book of Boba Fett. They come across as cheesy and it really pulls me out of it sometimes.

So far I think this series is okay. Ewan is killing it as expected, but I'm not totally sold on the story yet. I was a little perplexed at Vader just letting Obi-Wan go but rationalized it as him having a greater plan in mind that would be explained in the following episode. They didn't deliver on that though 😕. Maybe that information is still to come...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy