IGNORED

Obi-Wan Kenobi

Wtd

Leia was a very nice surprise to the series. ย Everything was good except for the chase through the forest

ย 

By the way, anyone following this thread should follow the news topic under this club heading. I added all of the news that came out of Star Wars Celebration and I'll try to add more news as it comes along. It would be nice to get this club to be a little more active!

• Like 1

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
5 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

Leia was a very nice surprise to the series. ย Everything was good except for the chase through the forest

ย 

By the way, anyone following this thread should follow the news topic under this club heading. I added all of the news that came out of Star Wars Celebration and I'll try to add more news as it comes along. It would be nice to get this club to be a little more active!

I think Iโ€™m following that thread too. ย Iโ€™ll double check. ย 
ย 

I was mixed on leia at first but have grown to really like her and the relationship with obi-wan. ย 

• Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
6 minutes ago, Viper0210 said:

Great episode yesterday, full of action and great to see Vader being so powerful. Hope the final lives upto the last two episodes.

Agreed. ย  I thought some of the plot developments in toward the end of the episode were VERY effective even if predictable. ย 
ย 

Looking forward to the finale for sure!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Gary K said:

One episode to go and we had a pretty eventful part 5 yesterday. ย Thoughts? Reactions?

ย 

ย 

It was the best episode I would say! It was great seeing those flashbacks and it was action packed and emotional.ย  Really felt the intensity!Angry Darth Vader GIF by Disney+

• Like 2

Awards

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

It does seem they will have a lot of ground to cover in the final part to reset the table ย as obi-wan becomes the old Ben from A New Hope. ย ย 
ย 

That said, I heard a rumor that a second season is being considered though Iโ€™ve no idea how that would work while maintaining fidelity to existing canon.ย 

• Like 2

I realized that I should probably spoiler tag this. Donโ€™t read if you havenโ€™t watched Ep. 5
ย 

Spoiler

I enjoyed the episode and agree that it was probably one of the best in the series thus far. Lots of references to the prequels and even filling in a little bit of information - particularly the "He's holding me back!" moment from Attack of the Clones. I thought that was a nice touch.ย 

ย 

Two nitpicks. One, stop introducing lovable droids and then killing them off. It happened with K2 and now this big guy. I can't handle it, lol. Two, why in the world is Reva waiting until the distraction is essentially over before attacking Vader? She's clearly smart. It just seemed like an odd choice on the part of the writers/director.

ย 

Do we know where the rebels are headed? I can't remember if they said or not. Anyway, I'm curious as to how they wrap this up.ย Will we see another Vader/Obi fight? What happens to the Leia/Obi Wan relationship?

ย 

ย 

Re: a second season. I know Ewan said he is up for it and I wouldn't mind it myself so long as it doesn't take away from projects that get us away from the Skywalker Saga.ย 

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 2

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…
2 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I realized that I should probably spoiler tag this. Donโ€™t read if you havenโ€™t watched Ep. 5
ย 

ย  Reveal hidden contents

I enjoyed the episode and agree that it was probably one of the best in the series thus far. Lots of references to the prequels and even filling in a little bit of information - particularly the "He's holding me back!" moment from Attack of the Clones. I thought that was a nice touch.ย 

ย 

Two nitpicks. One, stop introducing lovable droids and then killing them off. It happened with K2 and now this big guy. I can't handle it, lol. Two, why in the world is Reva waiting until the distraction is essentially over before attacking Vader? She's clearly smart. It just seemed like an odd choice on the part of the writers/director.

ย 

Do we know where the rebels are headed? I can't remember if they said or not. Anyway, I'm curious as to how they wrap this up.ย Will we see another Vader/Obi fight? What happens to the Leia/Obi Wan relationship?

ย 

ย 

Re: a second season. I know Ewan said he is up for it and I wouldn't mind it myself so long as it doesn't take away from projects that get us away from the Skywalker Saga.ย 

Ha I was wondering about whether you should spoiler tag your comment. ย 
ย 

I agree with the nits your picked fwiw.ย 
ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/25/2022 at 4:34 AM, GuyIncognit0 said:

What did everyone think of the finale? How about the series as a whole?

The show has its flaw and lows like the action, shaky cam and quick cuts but I really enjoyed episode 5 & 6! So I'll give it a 7-7.5/10!!ย 

• Like 1

Awards

I thought the show was okay overall. I would place it above The Book of Boba Fett and below The Mandalorian (both seasons).

ย 

As I'm sure we all expected, Ewan McGregor carried the series. Reva grew on me as it went along. The final battle was very fun to watch and I'm glad...ย 

Spoiler

...that there was a focus on the use of the force during it. It was a nice continuation of Vader's heavy use of it during his battle with Reva.

ย 

My main nitpick, outside of the continued cheesy action shots, is that is does cause a bit of problem with A New Hope. This close relationship between Obi-Wan and Leia by the end is not apparent in Episode IV. Does this bother anyone else?

ย 

youre my only hope GIF by Star Wars

• Like 1

• โ˜… Administrators โ˜…

I agree with your overall assessment. ย I donโ€™t know that it worked perfectly, but they did attempt to harmonize that plot point at the end when โ€ฆ.

Spoiler

Obi-wan tells leia when saying good bye that theyโ€™ll have to keep it a secret, yada yada. ย 

still ย was fun and had more highs then lows.ย 

• Like 1

On 6/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, GuyIncognit0 said:

I thought the show was okay overall. I would place it above The Book of Boba Fett and below The Mandalorian (both seasons).

ย 

ย 

ย 

I agree in terms of ranking. The Mandalorian, Obi-Wan, and then a distant third with Boba Fett.ย 

ย 

On 6/27/2022 at 8:34 PM, GuyIncognit0 said:

My main nitpick, outside of the continued cheesy action shots, is that is does cause a bit of problem with A New Hope. This close relationship between Obi-Wan and Leia by the end is not apparent in Episode IV. Does this bother anyone else?

ย 

youre my only hope GIF by Star Wars

ย 

I don't know. I think that holds up well enough for me. I think my issues lie elsewhere. Maybe if I sit with them more.ย 

Spoiler

Obi-Wan letting Vader live (again) and just walking away. I feel like one time is explainable, two is pushing it. Also, an Inquisitor hunting Luke.ย 

ย 

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee youโ€™ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of ourย Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In
ร—
ร—

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy