IGNORED

The Book of Boba Fett

GuyIncognit0

2 minutes ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I think it would be nice to get this club a little more active seeing as we're seeing so much content come out as of late.

ย 

I'd love to hear some thoughts after the first episode of The Book of Boba Fett. @Veum? I think you and I might be the only ones following ๐Ÿ˜‚

ย 

Sitting Star Wars GIF by Disney+

ย 

@GuyIncognit0ย unfortunately I do not subscribe toย Disney+ย anymore as I thought subscription rate was too high after a $1.99 complimentary intro for a month that they gave me (was hoping they would invite me again however they just have some kind of triple package as of now and for me NO!) we belong to 2 other streaming sites, so cost comes into this.

ย 

I hope Iโ€™ll be able to seeย The Book of Boba Fett somehowย & see The Mandalorian again!ย :)

• Like 1

I love Boba Fett.๐Ÿคฉ

ย 

I really liked the first episode; the chemistry between him and Fennec is great. The way to tell the first episode is logical since there is a lot to tell until we get to the point where we met him in The Mandalorian. It is something that can be extended to the rest of the series.

ย 

The only downside, which it shares with almost all The Mandalorian chapters, is that they are very short chapters.๐Ÿ˜ซ

ย 

Looking forward to seeing the next

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Veum said:

ย 

@GuyIncognit0ย unfortunately I do not subscribe toย Disney+ย anymore as I thought subscription rate was too high after a $1.99 complimentary intro for a month that they gave me (was hoping they would invite me again however they just have some kind of triple package as of now and for me NO!) we belong to 2 other streaming sites, so cost comes into this.

ย 

I hope Iโ€™ll be able to seeย The Book of Boba Fett somehowย & see The Mandalorian again!ย :)

ย 

Ah, bummer! Is the triple package with Hulu and ESPN or something? I must admit that I haven't paid much attention to pricing lately. I took them up on an offer before it launched and it was essentially prepaying for 3 years worth of service. It worked out to $4-5/month and I figured it would be worth it.

ย 

2 hours ago, Noir21 said:

I love Boba Fett.๐Ÿคฉ

ย 

I really liked the first episode; the chemistry between him and Fennec is great. The way to tell the first episode is logical since there is a lot to tell until we get to the point where we met him in The Mandalorian. It is something that can be extended to the rest of the series.

ย 

The only downside, which it shares with almost all The Mandalorian chapters, is that they are very short chapters.๐Ÿ˜ซ

ย 

Looking forward to seeing the next

ย 

I agree - I love the chemistry between the two of them and wish the episodes were a bit longer.

ย 

I thought the first episode was...ok. I'm still in for it though. Boba Fett was my favorite character growing up so I was totally on board once it was announced. My main concern is that we get to know too much about him. I know that sounds weird, but I think part of the allure of Boba Fett is/was how mysterious he is. I remember watching Empire Strikes Back and wondering who he is. Who is this guy that Vader seemingly respects?

ย 

I'm eager to see where this series is going, but I do hope they leave a little bit of mystery to his character.

ย 

ย 

• Like 2

On 1/8/2022 at 4:28 AM, Noir21 said:

I could already see episode 2, grateful for the increased duration in this one. Good times in the first part and I loved the whole plot of the second part.

ย 

It is understandable if to some it may seem like a slow episode, I nevertheless enjoyed it.

ย 

Yes, I certainly hope they remain at this run time. I loved the deep dive into the Tusken culture and I think this might be the first time we see the Pykes in live action Star Wars.

ย 

One of my few complaints so far is how both episodes have been split with modern day and flashback storytelling. It's throwing off the flow a little bit for me.

Hace 13 minutos, GuyIncognit0 dijo:

ย 

Sรญ, probablemente espero que permanezcan en este tiempo de ejecuciรณn. Me encantรณ la inmersiรณn profunda en la cultura Tusken y creo que esto podrรญa ser la primera vez que vemos a los Pykes en la acciรณn en vivo de Star Wars.

ย 

Una de mis pocas quejas hasta ahora es cรณmo ambos episodios se han dividido con la narraciรณn moderna y con flashback. Me estรก desviando un poco del flujo.

I hope so too.

I am sure that we will see them again, I would say that especially the Tusken will have much more importance, even in the present.

ย 

Unfortunately it seems that this will be the norm throughout most of the remaining episodes.

It seems that this present day/flashback thing is here to stay. I think I'm getting used to it though as it didn't bother me as much this time. Shame it went back to a shorter runtime though.

ย 

Plus, where is our BA Boba? I'm getting a little tired of seeing him get his butt kicked. I want this guy back

ย 

Star Wars D GIF by Disney+

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What did you think of this week's episode?

ย 

I found it a bit more enjoyable. Honestly, it was hard to get much worse after the episode with the kids on their space scooters ๐Ÿ˜…. Looks like we're almost done with the flashback and that some serious stuff is about to go down with the Pykes. Maybe we'll have a Mando sighting this week?

ย 

ย 

• Like 1

I also found it more enjoyable to watch.

That moment of the colorful scooters took me out of the chapter at that moment.๐Ÿ˜„

ย 

So it seems, it may already be all in the present. It is possible or maybe even Mando will bring company (Bo-Katan and his entourage)

And even so I think they will save the fattest for the last chapter.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Veum said:

It is not fair that I can not watch this cause Iโ€™m not paying that much for Disney+ ๐Ÿ˜”ย 

ย 

I will say that if you have to miss one Star Wars series, then this is the one. It has been mostly disappointing but I'm holding out hope that it will go out with a bang.

On 1/23/2022 at 3:50 PM, Veum said:

ย 

Still wouldnโ€™t mind seeing it!

ย 

I get that. Thankfuly it's not going anywhere.

ย 

That being said, I feel badly about teasing you but....

ย 

This week's is AMAZING. @Noir21 let me know when you've seen it. I gotta talk to someone about it ๐Ÿ˜‚

• Like 2

On 1/26/2022 at 6:58 PM, Noir21 said:

Well, said and done, there it is, a chapter to raise the hype through the roof for the next two episodes.๐Ÿคค

ย 

Fantastic appearances and details giving rise to what will come in the future.

ย 

And on top of that a decent duration.๐Ÿ‘

ย 

It pretty much had everything...except the main character ๐Ÿคฃ.

ย 

I'm just considering it Episode 0.5 of The Mandalorian Season 3. We now have a good idea as to where it will go following season 2 and I'm very happy with it. I loved seeing the Naboo Starfighter and my heart stopped a bit when we first saw the BD unit. I thought it was actually BD-1. I'd love to see Cal Kestis in live action.

ย 

200.gif

• Like 3

On 1/28/2022 at 3:13 PM, GuyIncognit0 said:

ย 

It pretty much had everything...except the main character ๐Ÿคฃ.

ย 

I'm just considering it Episode 0.5 of The Mandalorian Season 3. We now have a good idea as to where it will go following season 2 and I'm very happy with it. I loved seeing the Naboo Starfighter and my heart stopped a bit when we first saw the BD unit. I thought it was actually BD-1. I'd love to see Cal Kestis in live action.

ย 

200.gif

It might be BD-1, different paint job but it had the same limp. Cal showing up in live action would be super cool.

ย 

Weโ€™ve talked offline about this show but you know where I stand, the show has had serious flaws in its pacing, presentation, and storytelling. It took 4 episodes to get to any kind of motivation for the main character, yada-yadaโ€™d about 5 years of history, and spent an entire episode (and the longest one at that) without the titular character. Iโ€™m going to watch it because I watch all of the Star Wars stuff, but this is one of the weaker entries in a while and probably about as bad as the last sequel film if weโ€™re being honest.

• Like 3

Loved Episode 5! I do agree Boba Fett is probably the weakest entry with the shows thus far, but itโ€™s still enjoyable. The last episode was fantastic though because of Mando.ย 
ย 

Also, I hope they branch out with more Fallen Order stuff and Rebels stuff!!!

Edited by damships
  • Like 4

Awards

I enjoyed the last episode of boba fett. I like most star wars stuff anyway. I do agree that the episode was a mando episode with a bobba series though.ย  I think they are just trying to expand the bobba fett universe for potential further series and crossovers.

I want to see how well mando does in the bobba universe. When they teamed up in the mandolorian they were a force to reckon with.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, damships said:

Loved Episode 5! I do agree Boba Fett is probably the weakest entry with the shows thus far, but itโ€™s still enjoyable. The last episode was fantastic though because of Mando.ย 
ย 

Also, I hope they branch out with more Fallen Order stuff and Rebels stuff!!!

ย 

Looks like you got your wish a little bit! I don't want to spoil exactly what until I know you've seen it.

ย 

I thought Ep 6 was another good one. Sad that we only had 5 minutes of Boba and it's getting a little embarrassing to be honest. It definitely feels like like they just blending into Mando season 3. I LOVED the intro of the "stranger from the desert". I was scanning my mind as to who it could be when they first showed the silhouette and I got a little giddy once I landed on the answer.ย 

ย 

I'll refrain from saying anymore until some of you check in saying you've seen this weeks' episode.

• Like 2

Very good episode 6, although it is very sad that in the two best episodes of the series, the protagonist of it does not appear in one and has only one dialogue in the other. A very great pity.

ย 

They gave us a lot more Boba Fett in his introduction in The Mandalorian than in 6 episodes of his series.

ย 

Without a doubt, the presentation of the Stranger from the desert is the best of all. As soon as I saw the silhouette I jumped with emotion, incredible.๐Ÿคฉ

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Noir21 said:

Very good episode 6, although it is very sad that in the two best episodes of the series, the protagonist of it does not appear in one and has only one dialogue in the other. A very great pity.

ย 

They gave us a lot more Boba Fett in his introduction in The Mandalorian than in 6 episodes of his series.

ย 

Without a doubt, the presentation of the Stranger from the desert is the best of all. As soon as I saw the silhouette I jumped with emotion, incredible.๐Ÿคฉ

Iโ€™m convinced this show didnโ€™t need to exist at this point. We are 6/7 episodes deep and we have done absolutely nothing to establish Boba Fett as an interesting character with motivations and a worthwhile goal or story. Itโ€™s disappointing and feels completely crammed in to try and capture some subscribers/money.

ย 

The two best episodes have very little to do with Boba and the previous four could be edited down to 25 minutes of character progress.

ย 

Itโ€™s a pretty underwhelming effort from Feloni and Favreau who had, until now, been pretty effective stewards for the IP. I think the odds of them landing this season of television in a satisfying way at this point are close to zero - they simply donโ€™t have enough time and spent too much time indulging ancillary plots.

ย 

At least theyโ€™ve shown they can still make a good episode of The Mandalorian.ย 

ย 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee youโ€™ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of ourย Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In
ร—
ร—

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy