IGNORED

Manta Lab Batman Begins (Manta Lab Exclusive #53) (WEA 4K UHD/2D Blu-ray Steelbook) [Hong Kong]

ShadowWarrior

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well judging by those numbers from previous group buys, the manta editions might have to be bought on eBay. 

maybe it’s a good thing. Wait until I see in hand shots and determine which I like best 

however I think I share the same general sentiment that, we’d all like to buy every edition lol

• Haha 3

Awards

12 hours ago, Want3r88 said:

Well judging by those numbers from previous group buys, the manta editions might have to be bought on eBay. 

maybe it’s a good thing. Wait until I see in hand shots and determine which I like best 

however I think I share the same general sentiment that, we’d all like to buy every edition lol

As regular member I don't even see the point to participate to GB for Manta Lab anymore. If the release is good it's impossible. On past 5 Manta Lab GB I've been the first or second regular member to register, maybe around top 5 global and you are selected only if the release is "bad". But if bad release it is more easy to buy it from Manta Lab.

Godzilla vs Kong -> Nobody care about the movie, I got a slot

Her -> Almost nobody care and I got a slot because One Click GB closed fast, not enough time to let premium member register. Nine person register, fourth regular member.

Blade Runner -> Hype on the movie, no slot. Second person register, first regular member.

Interstellar -> Hype on the movie, no slot. Sixth person register, second regular member.

Justice Leagues -> Hype on the movie, no slot. I don't remember global position, second regular member.

Dune -> Hype on the movie, II guess no slot unless FB close in few hours

All Nolan -> Well you know the story, hyped, no slot inc

etc

Also Manta Lab reduce slot available, more and more GB group, too much premium member for a single GB group. And I don't even to talk about money but pay for premium rank + extra for each GB participations cost you more than getting all editions directly from Manta Lab and if you miss few releases with the money saved you can go eBay. Also a lot of people are complaining about eBay pricing but the "End Year Sell" sell editions at eBay Price without the 8% eBay taxes.

Edited by Frage
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Frage said:

As regular member I don't even see the point to participate to GB for Manta Lab anymore. If the release is good it's impossible. On past 5 Manta Lab GB I've been the first or second regular member to register, maybe around top 5 global and you are selected only if the release is "bad". But if bad release it is more easy to buy it from Manta Lab.

Godzilla vs Kong -> Nobody care about the movie, I got a slot

Her -> Almost nobody care and I got a slot because One Click GB closed fast, not enough time to let premium member register. Nine person register, fourth regular member.

Blade Runner -> Hype on the movie, no slot. Second person register, first regular member.

Interstellar -> Hype on the movie, no slot. Sixth person register, second regular member.

Justice Leagues -> Hype on the movie, no slot. I don't remember global position, second regular member.

Dune -> Hype on the movie, II guess no slot unless FB close in few hours

All Nolan -> Well you know the story, hyped, no slot inc

etc

Also Manta Lab reduce slot available, more and more GB group, too much premium member for a single GB group. And I don't even to talk about money but pay for premium rank + extra for each GB participations cost you more than getting all editions directly from Manta Lab and if you miss few releases with the money saved you can go eBay. Also a lot of people are complaining about eBay pricing but the "End Year Sell" sell editions at eBay Price without the 8% eBay taxes.

Don't be discouraged, you should always at least try.

How does that one saying go again...?

Courtesy / NBC

I was a regular member and was able to snatch a ZSJL Human Motherbox! I know it is easy to give up hope but just remember...

Fact Oracle on Twitter: "@blakandblack He just quoted Harvey Dent (the  Joker) from Batman. Makes sense actually! #auspoI #ScottyTheBlameShifter  #ScottyDoesNothing #COVID19Aus #COVIDIOTS https://t.co/NAjKi9EjJG" / Twitter

• Like 2

Awards

4 minutes ago, tr0llhatt said:

To be fair, @Frage does have a point. With the dwindling allocation from Manta across the board it is getting harder by the release to get them through any GB. All you can do though is try and if it's a miss try direct, which now has a larger part of available stock than ever before.

Right...I definitely understand the sentiment. But like I said, it's still worth trying cause you never know. Just like I didn't think my chances were good to get a Human MB from Manta but managed to secure one as a regular member. Maybe that was an outlier due to more allocation than normal but hey, that's why you should still enter the GB!

Edited by willdebeast
  • Like 3

Awards

12 minutes ago, willdebeast said:

Right...I definitely understand the sentiment. But like I said, it's still worth trying cause you never know. Just like I didn't think my chances were good to get a Human MB from Manta but managed to secure one as a regular member. Maybe that was an outlier due to more allocation than normal but hey, that's why you should still enter the GB!

Single Edition or Special is possible, One Click isn't. The job of regular member is to fulfil every GB no matter the quality of the release.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, willdebeast said:

Just like I didn't think my chances were good to get a Human MB from Manta but managed to secure one as a regular member. Maybe that was an outlier due to more allocation than normal but hey, that's why you should still enter the GB!

Of course, I thought that was pretty clear - always try. Always stacks the odds in your favor as much as you can ;)

• Like 5

Awards

I'm new to this hobby, but I really only plan on buying premiums for my absolute favorite films. Pretty much all the Nolan films and perhaps some other sci-fi classics I hold to high esteem. I'm more than willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for these via eBay, Mercari, Discord, etc. That's just the reality of the situation.

I'm still going to try as a Regular member, but if it's something you're passionate about I think it's good to set an expectation of just getting it via third party. If you're going in thinking you're absolutely getting it, there's only room for disappointment. 

I can see though if you're collecting like EVERYTHING, then it would be stressful as all hell. 

Edited by damships
Spelling
  • Like 9

Awards

14 minutes ago, damships said:

I'm new to this hobby, but I really only plan on buying premiums for my absolute favorite films. Pretty much all the Nolan films and perhaps some other sci-fi classics I hold to high esteem. I'm more than willing to pay a reasonable extra amount for these via eBay, Mercari, Discord, etc. That's just the reality of the situation.

I'm still going to try as a Regular member, but if it's something you're passionate about I think it's good to set an expectation of just getting it via third party. If you're going in thinking you're absolutely getting it, there's only room for disappointment. 

I can see though if you're collecting like EVERYTHING, then it would be stressful as all hell. 

Have you checked out last year's sale, there still some good editions left.

• Like 4