IGNORED

The MCU

psychoscot

My falling behind has more to do with genre fatigue than anything else.

I watched the first episode of Ms. Marvel a few weeks apart in an attempt to get "up to date" but I'm struggling to continue. The recent influx of other content (Andor, Rings of Power, etc) and my first watches of Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul have made it difficult to go back to the Marvel formula. 

Ms. Marvel isn't to blame; it's just the latest in the line of formulaic content that has been pumped out for the past 14 years and I need a bit of a break.

Edited by GuyIncognit0
  • Like 4

• Replies 259
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I didn’t mind Ms Marvel, not really enjoying She-Hulk. Love and Thunder…. Well, disappointing. Also didn’t really like Multiverse of Madness, though I suspect a second watch will ease the disappointment there.

Its all gone horribly horribly wrong IMO, but if anything can turn it around, if anyone can save it, it has to be Ryan Coogler, and it has to be this…

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ari said:

Guardians 3, you're my only hope!

guardians of the galaxy GIF

But even that’s going to be yet another comedy ☹️ Sure it will be decent though! 🤞🏼

I’m personally looking forward to Black Panther, Secret Wars, Daredevil & Armour Wars over the third Guardians. Also looking forward to Kang in Quantumania.

I am Not particularly looking forward to The Marvels or The Thunderbolts.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

It feels like Phase IV has been more misses than hits, at least for me, but I'm hoping Wakanda Forever and Ant-Man can really deliver on what they're promising. Both have had phenomenal trailers, and I'm very excited to see Kang make his MCU movie-debut after introducing one of his variants in Loki.

I'm also keeping my fingers crossed we get this as a steelbook next spring. This sucker is begging for some embossing!

• Like 3

On 10/24/2022 at 7:52 PM, CryoSteel said:

That was a fantastic Spider-Man trailer. 😂

On 10/24/2022 at 12:47 PM, MikeH5856 said:

LET'S FREAKING GOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Awesome trailer, thanks for posting this @MikeH5856. Phase IV has just been all over the place, including all the Disney plus shows.  Still entertaining, but I am hoping eventually things start to get pulled back together.  

Edited by Boilersteel
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Boilersteel said:

Awesome trailer, thanks for posting this @MikeH5856. Phase IV has just been all over the place, including all the Disney plus shows.  Still entertaining, but I am hoping eventually things start to get pulled back together.  

Agreed. Part of the problem, I think, is that we've been back at square one with setting up the post-Endgame dynamics and laying the groundwork for the saga to come. And it's been pretty rough. I can't help but wonder if some of the TV shows would have better served the characters as movies, instead. I have high hopes for Phases V and VI, though, since we're getting the return of characters like Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America, etc. 

• Like 2

Just now, MikeH5856 said:

Agreed. Part of the problem, I think, is that we've been back at square one with setting up the post-Endgame dynamics and laying the groundwork for the saga to come. And it's been pretty rough. I can't help but wonder if some of the TV shows would have better served the characters as movies, instead. I have high hopes for Phases V and VI, though, since we're getting the return of characters like Ant-Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, Captain America, etc. 

So excited for Guardians of the Galaxy 3!  Thor Love and Thunder just offered too brief a teaser seeing the GOTG back in action.

Guardians Of The Galaxy Dancing GIF

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 8:32 AM, BreakBeatDJ said:

I think this one has the potential to be added to the canon of must watch Christmas movies . . . step aside Elf.

Yeah . . . I was really really wrong.  Fooled by a trailer.  Not my best take.  

Not hatin' . . . we laughed hard a couple of times, nice to see Kevin Bacon making fun of himself.  But . . . nah.

Drunk Drinking GIF by Yevbel

• ★ Administrators ★
2 minutes ago, BreakBeatDJ said:

Yeah . . . I was really really wrong.  Fooled by a trailer.  Not my best take.  

Not hatin' . . . we laughed hard a couple of times, nice to see Kevin Bacon making fun of himself.  But . . . nah.

Drunk Drinking GIF by Yevbel

I really enjoyed it even if it wasn’t quite the classic I hoped it would be. 

• Like 1

On 11/23/2022 at 8:09 PM, Boilersteel said:

Just watched Black Panther Wakanda Forever today.  Hard to see how anyone wouldn't like this movie.  A step up from some of the previous MCU entries, in my opinion.  

I agree, this was a very good movie. Really looking forward to Quantum Mania! 

Edited by ncraft
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...

What makes us different

Media Psychos is a community dedicated to bringing together Media collectors from all over the world.
In addition to offering Group Buys , as well as Premium memberships and many more perks which are exclusive to our site, we pride ourselves on being a community where members are happy to discuss their shared passion as well as many other topics.

Come in and have a look, we guarantee you’ll be here to stay.

Get in touch

Have any questions ? Ask one of our Guardians they are happy to help.

Follow us

Home
Activities
Sign In

Sign In

Search In

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Privacy Policy