IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

23 hours ago, damships said:

Hope everyone is doing well! I’m moving into the new home next Thursday! It’s just been so hectic. Miss getting on here and checking in on everyone. Hope all is going great for everyone.

Here is a pic of renovations in progress. He’s almost done!!! 🤪🎉

EF01FCD6-0A5E-4961-8DA8-AFD0C2A7FFE7.jpeg

1B564AA7-5211-4CB0-A67E-039F54E62158.jpeg

7193A00A-8701-4D6E-9FB2-D60A95091902.jpeg

B97B0E15-335F-4D5D-BE7E-1070DE3966DB.jpeg

8DBC0341-260D-4DE0-A1E1-C1C8EAC1EAD3.jpeg

541565B8-C6B1-42B6-89C0-9E8F99A37C19.jpeg

Great to see the progress. Nice floors, baseboard and paint. Can't wait to see the finished product!

• Like 4

Awards

• Replies 30.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Blufans TDK invoice paid. 

I can’t help but feel my time as a Psycho is moving ever closer to an end, knowing there are two more of these to come in the Nolan trilogy and how much 3 movies will have cost me. And that’s without even considering double dipping with Manta.

Personally I’m not overly pleased with the lack of detail on costs within both the GB thread and the invoice. Costs should be made clearer IMO, though I do appreciate that is up to the prerogative of the team and that the cost of Everything is indeed going through the roof these days. But it’s for that Very reason that we as consumers are paying more attention to what we are paying for, and should be able to understand a true breakdown of costs.

It just feels like this simply isn’t going to be sustainable for me for much longer having been here since the start of MP. I’ve already dialled back on the amount of GBs I participate in, but I can honestly say that Blufans GBs used to roughly cost half of what I have just paid for a single slip. ☹️

Please understand that I am Not trying to stir up trouble or upset anyone, just thinking out loud with my disappointment in how such an enjoyable hobby is sadly becoming unattainable. 

• Like 11

15 hours ago, GuyIncognit0 said:

I've had "Find a way to track collection" on my to-do list for a while. Perhaps I'll check out DVDProfiler. Is it free?

I know that the PC version has the possibility to be used with many of the functional ones, but only for 50 editions.  In the smartphone version you have to pay from the beginning.  

Years ago I paid $20 for the forever PC license, and a little for the Android one.

The bad thing about this is that its activity has declined just as the market has declined, and you always have the doubt of whether they will continue or one day they will disappear.  Like with all these type of apps.

The application has not been updated for a long time but even so, for me it is still the most complete. And servers works as always. 

There aren't many sheets from our usual numbered and limited edition retailers, but there are many thousands and thousands of releases from around the world that have been contributed by the community over 20 years, both on DVD, Blu-ray and 4K.  

The bad things is that the application was not adapted to the new times, but I have tried several of the best known, and at the moment I keep this. It's more complete. For me. 

Nobody uses it here? 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pbsw23 said:

I can’t help but feel my time as a Psycho is moving ever closer to an end, knowing there are two more of these to come in the Nolan trilogy and how much 3 movies will have cost me. And that’s without even considering double dipping with Manta.

Personally I’m not overly pleased with the lack of detail on costs within both the GB thread and the invoice. Costs should be made clearer IMO, though I do appreciate that is up to the prerogative of the team and that the cost of Everything is indeed going through the roof these days. But it’s for that Very reason that we as consumers are paying more attention to what we are paying for, and should be able to understand a true breakdown of costs.

It just feels like this simply isn’t going to be sustainable for me for much longer having been here since the start of MP. I’ve already dialled back on the amount of GBs I participate in, but I can honestly say that Blufans GBs used to roughly cost half of what I have just paid for a single slip. ☹️

Please understand that I am Not trying to stir up trouble or upset anyone, just thinking out loud with my disappointment in how such an enjoyable hobby is sadly becoming unattainable. 

🥤🤠 I hear ya @Pbsw23… my critical mistakes from being naive when I 1st joined here with buying OCs, FSs & Lentis is that I really did not know what these actually entailed… a lot of “my Mistakes” are finally showing up in invoices recently that the GBs I joined many moons ago…

the moral of my story is I wish I knew I’d like the Lentis the most & just ordered them instead of all 3 versions! 😞 

I’ve lived & learned!! 😜

Spoiler

I think!!! 🤪

The chickens have come home to roost! 🤑

Winner Winner Win GIF by GIPHY Studios Originals

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

As a fairly new member and former-total newbie to group buys, the last year or so has been a nice learning experience for me, especially now that invoices are coming in! I joined the HDZETA gb for Snyder’s Justice League when it was announced last year, got the invoice this year, had a slew of others that I joined, and scored a couple titles in the End of Year sale. I’m even almost, finally!, out of probation and now have a handful of paid titles I’m looking forward to receiving and this securing my 3-Buys membership here. 

I’ve signed up for a broad array of titles — a couple OC, a DL here, a FS there — and now that invoices are coming around I have a much better idea of how to budget going forward and controlling myself in the face of “OOOOH SHINY!” disease or the “gotta catch ‘em all!” collector’s mentality. I have no idea what prices were like a year or two ago. I do remember wishing the prices were made clear at the outset, and it’s nice to see those occasional price tags on some of the group buys. But now that I have a collection of invoices behind me, I can better prepare moving forward. 

This is a new hobby for me, and it has yet to lose any of its shine for me. But, I can certainly understand why you might want to move on/away from it. It certainly isn’t cheap! And once you stop having fun or find it too much of a burden, it’s time to move on. I’m going to (try to) limit myself to those MUST HAVE titles for me, and I really doubt I’ll be doing any blind buys because of the costs involved. I do feel like I’ll be around for a while, though. Especially now that the youngest is just about out of daycare and onto kindergarten! 😂😂😂

• Like 7

38 minutes ago, MikeH5856 said:

As a fairly new member and former-total newbie to group buys, the last year or so has been a nice learning experience for me, especially now that invoices are coming in! I joined the HDZETA gb for Snyder’s Justice League when it was announced last year, got the invoice this year, had a slew of others that I joined, and scored a couple titles in the End of Year sale. I’m even almost, finally!, out of probation and now have a handful of paid titles I’m looking forward to receiving and this securing my 3-Buys membership here. 

I’ve signed up for a broad array of titles — a couple OC, a DL here, a FS there — and now that invoices are coming around I have a much better idea of how to budget going forward and controlling myself in the face of “OOOOH SHINY!” disease or the “gotta catch ‘em all!” collector’s mentality. I have no idea what prices were like a year or two ago. I do remember wishing the prices were made clear at the outset, and it’s nice to see those occasional price tags on some of the group buys. But now that I have a collection of invoices behind me, I can better prepare moving forward. 

This is a new hobby for me, and it has yet to lose any of its shine for me. But, I can certainly understand why you might want to move on/away from it. It certainly isn’t cheap! And once you stop having fun or find it too much of a burden, it’s time to move on. I’m going to (try to) limit myself to those MUST HAVE titles for me, and I really doubt I’ll be doing any blind buys because of the costs involved. I do feel like I’ll be around for a while, though. Especially now that the youngest is just about out of daycare and onto kindergarten! 😂😂😂

Congrats! @MikeH5856 As you get sucked into these GBs this will be you like us now...

relatable grown up GIF

• Haha 5

8 hours ago, Pbsw23 said:

I know what you mean, it happens all of the time in our hobbies (toys, cards, or comics). Inflation has made things so expensive now these days, and limited supply has raised the cost substancially. I'm staying focused on the ones I really want as I see them on here. I've always collected media, justbwish I would have found this place sooner.

• Like 6

just heads up hd zeta batman vs superman invoice coming this weekend thru to mon-tues they all goto be paid within 72hrs so john can sort shipping with hdzeta as they want to get ready to ship us out first i believe.

so we all going to be poor again xD 

especially mike xD 

Episode 12 Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

basil xD 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

Good morning, everybody.

I hope you have a great weekend, with time enough to see one or two funny or true good movies.

I was planning to go to the beach today, the first day of this year, the first quiet weekend in a long time. And just today... it's cloudy. It's a curse!

I'll have to stay home... with so many good editions and movies to see.

Whaaaaaaaaaaat a pity! :P 

• Like 9