IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

52 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Fortis93

Have you seen it yet?

giphy.gif

Unfortunately, my friend, I've had to cancel my booking as things have taken a bit of a turn for the worse here. 

The increase in daily cases here has spurred harsher/stricter lockdown laws to be put in place (only leaving the house for essentials only, etc.) 

The places I usually frequent to watch films in theatres have also been listed as exposure sites. 

I'll have to be putting this one on the back burner for now as it appears this lockdown may persist for longer than expected. 

Did you end up watching it? 

If you did, how was it? 

• Sad 4

8 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Unfortunately, my friend, I've had to cancel my booking as things have taken a bit of a turn for the worse here. 

The increase in daily cases here has spurred harsher/stricter lockdown laws to be put in place (only leaving the house for essentials only, etc.) 

I'll have to be putting this one on the back burner for now as it appears this lockdown may persist for longer than expected. 

Sorry to hear this mate. I honestly thought you’d be in one of the best locations. 

Hope you and yours see it through OK Buddy.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Veum said:

🇦🇺 

image.gif.ca7bf1047efd42453c00c458a4e1a2f9.gif

This is serious 

giphy.gif

😂

11 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

Unfortunately, my friend, I've had to reschedule my booking as things have taken a bit of a turn for the worse here. 

The places I usually frequent to watch films in theatres have also been listed as exposure sites. 

If you did, how was it? 

giphy.gif

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Fortis93 said:

If you did, how was it? 

@Fortis93 

I did see it, & unfortunately I left the theater playing “what if” scenarios in my head about what I wish the movie could have been. It’s not bad, & it’s not great, it’s just okay, by the numbers really. There are deep themes present in the film, but the creators only let those ingredients simmer on a surface.

A lot of the dramatic tension is cut with humor, which kept jerking me out of the movie. As an audience member the film didn’t allow me to feel anything for the characters, because it’s constantly forcing the tone to be upbeat even when it’s not necessary.

It’s made well enough to satisfy most Marvel fans, so majority of viewers who see it will probably be happy. For the fans who was hoping for a Winter Soldier like level of excellence for the character of Black Widow, it would be best to level those expectations, because while the movie is definitely using The Winter Soldier blueprint it ultimately comes off as a diet version.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Fortis93 

I did see it, & unfortunately I left the theater playing “what if” scenarios in my head about what I wish the movie could have been. It’s not bad, & it’s not great, it’s just okay, by the numbers really. There are deep themes present in the film, but the creators only let those ingredients simmer on a surface.

A lot of the dramatic tension is cut with humor, which kept jerking me out of the movie. As an audience member the film didn’t allow me to feel anything for the characters, because it’s constantly forcing the tone to be upbeat even when it’s not necessary.

It’s made well enough to satisfy most Marvel fans, so majority of viewers who see it will probably be happy. For the fans who was hoping for a Winter Soldier like level of excellence for the character of Black Widow, it would be best to level those expectations, because while the movie is definitely using The Winter Soldier blueprint it ultimately comes off as a diet version.

I’m just so tired of these films infiltrated  with their so-called humor, that just isn’t great/funny & ruins a lot of films for me 😒

Tired Tv Land GIF by TV Land Classic

• Like 2

@Fortis93 sorry to here that, over here that arse boris is pulling all our safety measures shortly, including the removal of the use of face masks in shops and public transport.

and sending everyone back to work whether its safe or not.

im sure its a political and financial decision to get people off the furlough scheme here and get people on holidays again and the wider jobs. 

the curve is up here with the new delta variant expanding twice as fast as the original one and hes counting on 2 shots will keep people out of hospital and not dying and overwhelming the nhs.

that is one hell of a gamble, i sooner personally keep the masks inside shops and on public transport and if it all goes tits up again we be looking at another lockdown and then that be boris done for me, forever.

also this does not help me get my next operation which i am currently waiting for as the last one has failed now. 

and when it does happen i goto have 3 months off work 9_9

anyway i hope things get better for you soon, hopefully you dont have an idiot running your country xD 

basil 👍

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, Basil said:

anyway i hope things get better for you soon, hopefully you dont have an idiot running your country xD 

We also a have bellend running our country. 

The way this pandemic has been politicised by our federal and state governments has seemed to undo a lot of the hard work we've done in keeping this thing at bay for the past year and a half. 

Just to give you an idea of the incompetency we're dealing with, our government rejected 40 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine last year for purely financial reasons. 

Those vaccines could've been available to everyone in January of this year and inoculated most of the population twice over. 

The AstraZeneca vaccine is really only available to those over 60 here. Everyone else is playing a bit of a deadly waiting game. 

So, instead, what you have now is possibly the most contagious variant of this virus and a good portion of the population unvaccinated. 

Let the sh*t show begin. 

Edited by Fortis93
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, Fortis93 said:

We also a have bellend running our country. 

The way this pandemic has been politicised by our federal and state governments has seemed to undo a lot of the hard work we've done in keeping this thing at bay for the past year and a half. 

Just to give you an idea of the incompetency we're dealing with, our government rejected 40 million doses of the Pfizer vaccine last year for purely financial reasons. 

Those vaccines could've been available to everyone in January of this year and inoculated most of the population twice over. 

The AstraZeneca vaccine is really only available to those over 60 here. Everyone else is playing a bit of a deadly waiting game. 

So, instead, what you have now is possibly the most contagious variant of this virus and a good portion of the population unvaccinated. 

Let the sh*t show begin. 

What you described definitely sounds like

giphy.gif

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Grendel said:

Hi Folks;

I'd be very curious to discover if there are plans for HDZ to release a "Gold" edition of "The Hobbit" films?

I've queried this before but back at that time, no real answer was, I suspect, possible.

Perhaps there's since been speculation and or discussion of such?

Ta! 🙂

Hey @Grendel 

So far from my understanding the answer is still a big question mark as to whether this title will be a reality or not. To be honest considering they are releasing Silver Labels for both trilogies I don’t really believe we should trust that Gold releases are coming for either titles at this point in time. I know that’s annoying because it can be challenging deciding where to spend your money when releases aren’t concrete.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Basil said:

oh @Hollywood E Rock edward went for my cat scan on wednesday just waiting for results to get too surgeon then hopefully get a date for new op btw

200.gif

results below i think 

12-cat-fuck-this.gif?resize=400,355&ssl=

basil xD 

@Basil We must be linked today, because I was just about to ask you how was you holding up 😂

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@Basil We must be linked today, because I was just about to ask you how was you holding up 😂

well i ran up the surgeons secretary seeing if i can push in thru the back door as such, like cancellations anything to get it done before covid shuts down all the operations in the country again like last time it spread bad.

its already started effecting two major cities in the country  ops stopped there was on the news the other night because of covid and as it spreads all surgerys went out the window last time country wide.

and thats whats starting again now.

i can not be without this till next year either.

really hoping because i have the failed operation hoping i will jump up the queue priority as such.

so keep your fingers crossed for me wishing the good thoughts, im a great believer in karma and it all helps.

once done i just goto sit out for 3 months this time instead of 6 weeks.

and this op is the last chance saloon the surgeon told me.

so happy thoughts

Happy Good Vibes GIF by Dyanapyehchek

and send me please

vibes timlewisimage GIF by Stoneham Press

really really hoping for

Robin Hood Disney GIF

now praying for some really good luck, i need it.

basil 🙏🙏🙏

• Like 5