IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

4 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Sound good mate. I had to Google Johnny Lightning’s, greenlights and M2's - get some pics loaded mate.👍

It was just matchbox when I were a lad 🤣

Still got a official 1980's matchbox box full of them that I could never part with.

I may dig them out of the loft and show the kids now you've brought it up. 

Yeah same here regarding Matchbox. I had tonnes of them, and I do have some of those as well. I made a point of hunting out still sealed versions of my favs about 10 years ago. 57 Chevy black with flames, grey stock car AmX. I still have fond memories of spinning turnstile displays and searching through those blue boxes that they came in, trying to find a cool new one. ☺️ Do you remember the Shell vouchers as well? Man I had all of those cars! AND the Frosties cars where you had to collect cereal box tokens.

The Mopar Muscle obsession was inherited from my Dad. He’s owned quite a few of the real deals over the years, so spent my childhood going to car meets and cruising in big loud cars 😁 One day (I was about 20) he got a Johnny Lighting as a gift which was a replica of his car at the time, and that was it. It opened a whole new world to me and the collection began.

I used to have lots of 1:24 & 1:18 Bburago sports cars, but I sold all of those to start funding the 1:64 Muscle collection. I used to buy in bulk and ship from the states, and sell them here but it got harder & harder to do. 

I did find my original sealed 1989 Ertl Batmobile yesterday, and I still have my opened and played with one somewhere too. If I head into the loft again later, I’ll try and get some pics. 😊👍🏼

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Sound good mate. I had to Google Johnny Lightning’s, greenlights and M2's - get some pics loaded mate.👍

It was just matchbox when I were a lad 🤣

Still got a official 1980's matchbox box full of them that I could never part with.

I may dig them out of the loft and show the kids now you've brought it up. 

Yeah same here regarding Matchbox. I had tonnes of them, and I do have some of those as well. I made a point of hunting out still sealed versions of my favs about 10 years ago. 57 Chevy black with flames, grey stock car AmX. I still have fond memories of spinning turnstile displays and searching through those blue boxes that they came in, trying to find a cool new one. ☺️ Do you remember the Shell vouchers as well? Man I had all of those cars! AND the Frosties cars where you had to collect cereal box tokens.

The Mopar Muscle obsession was inherited from my Dad. He’s owned quite a few of the real deals over the years, so spent my childhood going to car meets and cruising in big loud cars 😁 One day (I was about 20) he got a Johnny Lighting as a gift which was a replica of his car at the time, and that was it. It opened a whole new world to me and the collection began.

I used to have lots of 1:24 & 1:18 Bburago sports cars, but I sold all of those to start funding the 1:64 Muscle collection. I used to buy in bulk and ship from the states, and sell them here but it got harder & harder to do. 

I did find my original sealed 1989 Ertl Batmobile yesterday, and I still have my opened and played with one somewhere too. If I head into the loft again later, I’ll try and get some pics. 😊👍🏼

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, RileyLad said:

Down to you and me for now then @RAK

💪💪💪💪💪

yes we can power GIF

Just now, Pbsw23 said:

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

200.gif

• Haha 5

1 minute ago, Pbsw23 said:

I made a point of hunting out still sealed versions of my favs about 10 years ago. 57 Chevy black with flames, grey stock car AmX

Mine are all open and played with mate

Sound good tho

Send some pics in here if they are as nice as you say.... Would like seeing them

Its amazing how many people I have spoke to on MP that collect other stuff. Film steelbooks are the only thing that got me into collecting...

I dont even collect game steelbooks...

4 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

The Mopar Muscle obsession was inherited from my Dad. He’s owned quite a few of the real deals over the years

I remember you saying mate. Hopefully another Santa pod trip again (after covid pandemic) ?

5 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

the 1:64 Muscle collection.

5 minutes ago, Pbsw23 said:

did find my original sealed 1989 Ertl Batmobile yesterday

Nice 👌  pics?

P.s Nice work on the double post...

Page 487 here we come 😁

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

Hey @Parzival

A little while ago you told me about the mistake made with Filmarena’s Fast & Furious release. I was able to purchase the replacement slip from the EBay seller you shared the link to. Now my set is right as rain! Thank You

3GJWe2i.jpg

wh4Rv47.jpg

Nice 🙂 👍

It's the OCD in us collectors, we can't sleep till everything is perfect lol. 

• Like 3

@Basil

I'm always customising my sets 

I probably have very few sets that are not in the original form 

My biggest bug bear is the one clicks, which have three editions with the same SBs and extras.. I keep DL unouched (as my prized original edition), and  typically replace the SL and FS editions with different versions of the SB.. 

So a OC with three different steels.. 🙂

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i slowly in process of certain films as they come along and released to 4k upgrading discs as one example. also i bought the odd opening night premier ticket like from london and bits and bobs added into steels, bits off ebay, to make something super custom.

its basically taking something good and making one of a kind. admittedly for me and that ill never sell either.

for me its taking collecting to a new level.

but its something i really enjoy doing to just give it the real finishing touch.

basil :D

• Like 5

@Basil

Wow buddy that sounds awesome 👍

It gives a lot of pleasure, when you are customising your own editions, making it truly unique, valuable and personal.. 

Love the Premier ticket idea, that's cool.. (never thought of that lol).. If I were to do that (i.e keep the ticket when I first  went to watch that film in the cinema), that would evoke so many memories and take me back to that moment.. It would be a beautiful memory 

One always remembers when watching your fav films for the first time 

I still remember when I watched Endgame, waited like a zombie for a whole year after Infinity War

My wife and I were super excited close to release, , had a whole few days to build it up,  took the day off - made a full day and wonderful evening out of it at Leicester Sq, watched in 4DX.. And after, basically just walked around London all Friday night talking about it.. Wonderful memories 

If only I'd kept the tickets for that day.. Fri night 26th Apr.. DAMN. 

Basil, now you tell me lol.. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2