IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

For a moment I thought you were going to tell me to be sensible, not to buy movies this BF, and to invest in my home renovations, which is a lot of money to think about other things now.

But no, you didn't tell me. :D 

You don't recommend me to be sensible, but to take advantage of the discounts for movies!!!! 

car-crazy.gif

No I go even further ask for black Friday discounts on your home renovations then you can afford more movies 👍

empire spoilers GIF

Basil 👍

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Basil said:

No I go even further ask for black Friday discounts on your home renovations then you can afford more movies 👍

empire spoilers GIF

Basil 👍

Yesterday I went to one of my suppliers to see their Black Friday campaign. The offers have already started.

First I was surprised to see few people in the store.

empty-shop-pulp-fiction.gif

Then I understood why.

It is fantastic. You raise the price on something, apply a 30% or 40% discount, and then ask for the same money as a month ago. 

Not to mention that the best products are suddenly out of stock. They'll probably be back in stock the next week. Mysteriously.

You know, I'm sure you've had a similar experience.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Yesterday I went to one of my suppliers to see their Black Friday campaign. The offers have already started.

First I was surprised to see few people in the store.

empty-shop-pulp-fiction.gif

Then I understood why.

It is fantastic. You raise the price on something, apply a 30% or 40% discount, and then ask for the same money as a month ago. 

Not to mention that the best products are suddenly out of stock. They'll probably be back in stock the next week. Mysteriously.

You know, I'm sure you've had a similar experience.

They try tricks like jacking price then knocking off x%

But there are tools even for likes of amazon price monitoring 

For UK is

Uk.camelcamelcamel.com

Suspect different versions for other countrys

And Google is your friend 👍

• Like 5

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌧️ ☁️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

Gettin’ closer my friends 🦃 🍁 

Classic Film Yes GIF by filmeditor

72%
Rain at times this morning; otherwise, cloudy

RealFeel®53°

RealFeel Shade™53°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindSW 9 mph

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Basil said:

They try tricks like jacking price then knocking off x%

But there are tools even for likes of amazon price monitoring 

For UK is

Uk.camelcamelcamel.com

Suspect different versions for other countrys

And Google is your friend 👍

Thank you! ;) 

I know camelcamelcamel, they have also Spain version. Very useful.

Still, I think the offers are late for the most expensive part of the renovation.

I'll take the opportunity to buy some outstanding accessories.

These things always take too long, I was too optimistic about the initial deadlines. 

Even so, I have to admit that although there is still some work to be done, the films have been on their shelves in a room with the door closed to keep out the dust... for a month and a half now.

8e42dd92-000b-4f11-8a80-77e3113da126_tex

• Like 6

41 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Thank you! ;) 

I know camelcamelcamel, they have also Spain version. Very useful.

Still, I think the offers are late for the most expensive part of the renovation.

I'll take the opportunity to buy some outstanding accessories.

These things always take too long, I was too optimistic about the initial deadlines. 

Even so, I have to admit that although there is still some work to be done, the films have been on their shelves in a room with the door closed to keep out the dust... for a month and a half now.

8e42dd92-000b-4f11-8a80-77e3113da126_tex

lay something across bottom of door to stop dust under door i made mistake while back and when did something again it saved me that time 👍

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Folks we have an eye appointment to get eye-exams/new lenses today! 🤓 

Glasses Seinfeld GIF Scooby Doo Glasses GIF

0%
Clouds and sunshine

RealFeel®48°

RealFeel Shade™46°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindWNW 8 mph

• Like 3

Good afternoon, everyone.

As for the weather there is nothing normal anymore, now the rain is finally over, but the temperature is higher than usual now (16ºC) and yet the wind is freezing, making it very cold.

Tomorrow is going to be a great day for my renovations, if they do everything they have to do, I will finally be able to use the kitchen. Of course, the bill is still going up.

mass-hysteria-fn-films.gif

Have a good end of the day!

• Like 3

On 11/19/2023 at 10:16 PM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I have a truck loaded up ready to go to the new house (I have already carried the critical cargo, my movies, in my car :) ), had to go meet the guy hooking up internet (Spectrum, if anyone is familiar).  Turns out they haven’t finished the “construction” they have to do to get me internet, so no internet yet.

Background:  I waited an hour for Spectrum yesterday, the guy says he’s a coax tech not a fiber tech, rescheduled for today, waited 2 hours.  With a truck half full of furniture across town that I need to finish working on.

So now I have to wait 3-5 days which, with the holiday interrupting next week, which means it could be 2 weeks before they send their construction team and I get internet.  Oh well.  Any streaming will have to rely on my phone as a hotspot but really, it’s a good thing I have lots of discs.  Physical media for the win!

How is it going?

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

How is it going?

It looks like better than yours, I’m so sorry.  Still no internet; the “construction team” came out yesterday and didn’t what they needed to do, now I need a tech to come back and run fiber into my house.

Back at work today, picking up a kitchen table that I’ll need to assemble at home.  So I still have to mount one television, put together a table, and assemble the shelves for the media room.  Then I can start unpacking all of the boxes that are still in my garage.  Things are moving, just slowly.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, extantsrevenge said:

Good Morning everyone. I hope all USA members will have a great day with the Family today.

thanksgiving-22.gif

Enjoy your feast

pumpkin-pie-all-the-fixins.gif

thanksgiving-14.gif

I’ll start the thanking by thanking you for the sentiment.  Happy Thanksgiving to you as well; even people who live outside the US should use this as an excuse to be thankful and overeat :) 

Midnight here, and I just got the audio system hooked up on the main television.  Time to put on The Last Waltz (loudly, as the beguof the movie demands) and assemble some furniture.  

My son is with his mother’s parents for the night, and my side of the family isn’t having the big Thanksgiving meal until Friday.  I am thankful to be able to sleep as late as possible tomorrow!

What do folks have planned for Thanksgiving?

• Like 8

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Happy Thanksgiving to those family/friends that celebrate this fantastic holiday to give thanks for what we have❣️🙏 🍁 🦃 

Give Thanks Thanksgiving GIF by Ecard Mint

image.jpeg.1ab8d4fdbef975d9fd46c726ef3a5e9a.jpeg

Thanksgiving Day is a national holiday in the United States, and Thanksgiving 2023 occurs on Thursday, November 23. In 1621, the Plymouth colonists from England and the Native AmericanWampanoag people shared an autumn harvest feast that is acknowledged as one of the first Thanksgiving celebrations in the colonies. 

For more than two centuries, days of thanksgiving were celebrated by individual colonies and states. It wasn’t until 1863, in the midst of the Civil War, that President Abraham Lincoln proclaimed a national Thanksgiving Day to be held each November. But the holiday is not without controversy. Many Americans—including people of Native American ancestry—believe Thanksgiving celebrations mask the true history of oppression and bloodshed that underlies the relationship between European settlers and Native Americans.

love this shot location from the Lyndhurst grounds (used for the TV series Dark Shadows)❣️

image.thumb.png.a6e841a4bba311ca9bb3675049a4d28a.png

0%
Sunshine

RealFeel®54°

RealFeel Shade™52°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindWSW 8 mph

Edited by Veum
  • Like 6