IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

1 hour ago, Veum said:

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌧️ 🌬️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

war talus GIF by HISTORY UK

84%
Cloudy, breezy and cooler with a couple of showers

RealFeel®57°

RealFeel Shade™54°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindW 15 mph

We're supposed to have a heat index between 99 and 104 today...

Heat Wave Summer GIF

• Haha 4

• Replies 30.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, ukade2327 said:

It kinda sucks as they do some really cool Steelbooks I have several BB exclusives 

which were sent over from the GB we have set up .. be a shame not to have them anymore.. Walmart and target are following suit so there will be no more US steels to be had … 

Agreed. My local best buy never has any of the new releases in stock anyway. It's as if they don't even get the deliveries for them and the next nearest location doesn't carry them in store. You can order online and pick them up but no racks in store for them. I go to the next state over to look and find what I want. It will certainly suck.

• Sad 3

Good morning everyone!

About Best Buy getaway...  the other day I made a loooooong message, and reflecting on it since then, clearly, the market is redefining itself, and rather than thinking of regrets, and we must think of alternatives. And to value our presence as a real and interesting market; a market not massive, but still solvent around the world.

Of course, the industry itself will have to change its perspective on how they do things in this field.

And the best example is that Best Buy steelbooks could have sold much better if they allowed to buy them from more countries...

• Like 6

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌧️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋‍♂️

Winnie The Pooh Rainbow GIF

40%
A shower in places this morning; otherwise, mostly cloudy

RealFeel®56°

RealFeel Shade™56°

Max UV Index1 Low

WindNNW 8 mph

• Like 2

18 hours ago, LeadFarmer said:

What do you guys think of best buy getting out of the physical media game?

It is sad in my book. I have fond memorie of going to Best Buy on Tuesday (Media Release day back then) and picking up new titles on Blu-ray and DVD. Recently, it has been all about getting the Steelbooks and Collector Sets. But even our store has scaled back so much on what they release. It is sad, but my question is who is going to do the BB Steelbooks now?

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

It is sad in my book. I have fond memorie of going to Best Buy on Tuesday (Media Release day back then) and picking up new titles on Blu-ray and DVD. Recently, it has been all about getting the Steelbooks and Collector Sets. But even our store has scaled back so much on what they release. It is sad, but my question is who is going to do the BB Steelbooks now?

very true my friend I was wondering the same.

• Like 3

Good morning everybody!

These days I've been watching the BS of the 4K edition of Titanic, and the truth is that it's beautiful. I think it is positive that a major makes collector's editions, that they have detected this market and that more and more times they make this kind of editions, many times imitating the typical full slip of other retailers.

What I don't like so much is that there are so many interesting movies, current or previous, without a collector's edition. 

In fact, there are even more editions that I would love to have a steelbook of, and never will.

Hopefully someday someone will open a custom steelbook store, without needing to order 500 to own one. :)

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning everybody!

These days I've been watching the BS of the 4K edition of Titanic, and the truth is that it's beautiful. I think it is positive that a major makes collector's editions, that they have detected this market and that more and more times they make this kind of editions, many times imitating the typical full slip of other retailers.

What I don't like so much is that there are so many interesting movies, current or previous, without a collector's edition. 

In fact, there are even more editions that I would love to have a steelbook of, and never will.

Hopefully someday someone will open a custom steelbook store, without needing to order 500 to own one. :)

The BS?  What is that?  Is Titanic already available in 4K?

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I was talking about this:

Ah, duh, beauty shots :)  I had what we refer to here as a brain fart.

I think this set looks beautiful.  I’m one of those people who only likes the last 45 minutes to one hour of the movie, but I hope people step up and buy a million copies of this movie.  It’s good for the entire market.

Cameron has said that they expect to release The Abyss soon, can’t wait to see what those sets look like, will buy one immediately if it’s even decent.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

The BS?  What is that?  Is Titanic already available in 4K?

1 hour ago, Casiusco said:

I was talking about this:

3 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Ah, duh, beauty shots :)  I had what we refer to here as a brain fart.

I think this set looks beautiful.  I’m one of those people who only likes the last 45 minutes to one hour of the movie, but I hope people step up and buy a million copies of this movie.  It’s good for the entire market.

Cameron has said that they expect to release The Abyss soon, can’t wait to see what those sets look like, will buy one immediately if it’s even decent.

Yeah I would like  a beautiful 4K WEA steel to put in this when I receive it from MP! :) 🎬 💿 🙋🏻‍♂️ 

• Like 3