IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

On 11/28/2023 at 4:33 AM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

It’s pathetic, but I have only finished one shelf.  We spent all day Sunday shopping for things for the house, worked late today and got nothing done. I’m about to put on High Plains Drifter (beautiful 4K work by Kino Lorber btw) and drift off to sleep I hope.

Other than our media shelves, the only remaining struggle is internet.  Spectrum will visit me for the fourth time tomorrow (not including the construction team that had to come out.  Hopefully tomorrow they are finally going to send me a fiber tech instead of a co-ax tech.  It’s a whole saga.

But we are mostly settled in and my son seems very happy with the place.

How is going? 

I have been stood up by the plumber. He said he was going to come and he didn't.

And I need him to come, because in addition to what he has to do, I don't want to clean up until I'm sure they're not going to make any more mess. And until I clean up, I don't unpack the rest, I already have too much stuff full of dust right now.

• Like 4

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

20 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

How is going? 

I have been stood up by the plumber. He said he was going to come and he didn't.

And I need him to come, because in addition to what he has to do, I don't want to clean up until I'm sure they're not going to make any more mess. And until I clean up, I don't unpack the rest, I already have too much stuff full of dust right now.

have you thought he dont want to clean up either xD 

Think About It GIF by Matt FX

that or you been blown out plenty trades get better offers, lets hope im wrong👍 

• Haha 4

12 minutes ago, Basil said:

have you thought he dont want to clean up either xD 

Think About It GIF by Matt FX

that or you been blown out plenty trades get better offers, lets hope im wrong👍 

I spoke of the devil... and the devil appeared

:D 

I don't ask him to clean, but to clean or dirty without being careful. When I see that he no longer has to come back, I will clean everything thoroughly.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Casiusco said:

I spoke of the devil... and the devil appeared

:D 

I don't ask him to clean, but to clean or dirty without being careful. When I see that he no longer has to come back, I will clean everything thoroughly.

and what if he doesnt phone or worse yet answer his phone to you????

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

basil xD 

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Basil said:

and what if he doesnt phone or worse yet answer his phone to you????

Austin Powers Evil Laugh GIF

basil xD 

With plumbers and with women, make an offer. If he's not interested, forget it. 

But don't insist.

If he was really interested, he would have taken it by now.

And there are many plumbers in the world.

And women too.

dr-evil-austin-powers.gif

Edited by Casiusco
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Casiusco said:

How is going? 

Yes, I would wait too.

Huge development: we finally have internet!  Actually fortunate: part of what led to confusion was most people here still have coaxial hookups, we have fiber.  So much faster internet than most people near me.

Next challenge: I have to replace my washer, which was ancient, and get a gas tank for our fireplace.  I’m off work the next two days, though I will still work some because things are hectic, but hope to get these things done.

And I have finished putting together 3 of 6 shelves for the media room.  Would like to be through all of that by the end of the weekend.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, ajames212 said:

Hey hey.  Happy Almost Thursday to Everyone.    Just a general question for any memeber.   Do you unfollow clubs??.   I have seen this asked somewhere. Forget where. And bye who. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks. 

Thanks for your time. 

Not sure what you mean by unfollow clubs?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ajames212 said:

Hey hey.  Happy Almost Thursday to Everyone.    Just a general question for any memeber.   Do you unfollow clubs??.   I have seen this asked somewhere. Forget where. And bye who. Just wanted to see what everyone thinks. 

Thanks for your time. 

I do.  Just go through and clean house from time to time cause it gets cluttered with lots of old completed GBs.  But I follow the admins and mods so if they post something in there I will see it anyway 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be 🌥️ 💨 here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🍁  🙋🏻‍♂️

Henry Cavill Superman GIF

19%
Times of clouds and sun, breezy and mild

RealFeel®50°

RealFeel Shade™50°

Max UV Index2 Low

WindSSW 14 mph

Edited by Veum
  • Like 4

17 hours ago, ajames212 said:

Thanks for your time. 

I do not unfollow, as there could always be an issue I might have to help out with. I hope everyone has a great Thursday, tomorrow starts 25 Days of Christmas so let's get in the Christmas Spirit!!!!

Despicable Me Dance GIF

25 Days Until Christmas

336 Days Until Halloween

365 Days Until Thanksgiving

• Like 5

Good afternoon/morning everybody!

Today I have been thinking that the cliché is true: nowadays, the more useless or lazy a person is, the more likely they are to succeed in a company.

Why? 

Because species tend to perpetuate those who are like them. And that is a structure that needs a strong crisis to make it fall. 

sheep-sheeps.gif

Have a nice day! ;) 

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Yes, I would wait too.

Huge development: we finally have internet!  Actually fortunate: part of what led to confusion was most people here still have coaxial hookups, we have fiber.  So much faster internet than most people near me.

Next challenge: I have to replace my washer, which was ancient, and get a gas tank for our fireplace.  I’m off work the next two days, though I will still work some because things are hectic, but hope to get these things done.

And I have finished putting together 3 of 6 shelves for the media room.  Would like to be through all of that by the end of the weekend.

I'm glad you finally have an internet connection. And yes, with fiber it will be better, for your navigation and also for many services. 🤘

I already have everything done, the plumber is done, and they only have to come and change a part that doesn't work, but it's a minor thing now. From now on it's up to me, finally!

I have to clean everything, deeply, paint a couple of walls, and put things up. I will still have to buy more furniture to put more things, but I already have the basics, and first I hope to have a complete vision of how everything looks and what is needed.

And yes, the last thing will be to decorate, not the first thing as some people think :D 

Good luck, @Heywoodmoutaw!

• Like 5

9 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I'm glad you finally have an internet connection. And yes, with fiber it will be better, for your navigation and also for many services. 🤘

I already have everything done, the plumber is done, and they only have to come and change a part that doesn't work, but it's a minor thing now. From now on it's up to me, finally!

I have to clean everything, deeply, paint a couple of walls, and put things up. I will still have to buy more furniture to put more things, but I already have the basics, and first I hope to have a complete vision of how everything looks and what is needed.

And yes, the last thing will be to decorate, not the first thing as some people think :D 

Good luck, @Heywoodmoutaw!

Much like it was for humankind, functional plumbing seems like a big step forward :)  

Today I purchased (but haven’t installed yet) a washer, and a gas tank (also not installed yet) for our fireplace.  We don’t have natural gas, have to put in a tank specifically for the fireplace in the living room.  Then I got pulled into a bunch of stuff at work even though I’m technically on vacation :(  (having to burn up all my vacation days because I couldn’t take any earlier in the year)

Tonight I realize that in a few hours it will be December 1st.  This primarily means, to me, that we’re less than two weeks from having The Warriors in glorious 4K!  Can youuuu dig iiiit??

So excited, I grew up in the 80s and revered this movie almost as much as Star Wars, because I was a strange little child :)  

• Like 4

Was listening to the Blank Check podcast about Seven today and wishing, yet again, for some Fincher on 4K. He has verified that he's working on Seven, can't come soon enough as far as I'm concerned, but I've heard nothing recently. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/david-fincher-seven-4k-remastering-1235517180/

Given Fincher's notorious perfectionism, it could be years before we see the next remaster after Seven.  I would hope for Zodiac or Fight Club.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Good morning/afternoon everyone!

Right now it's Thursday Plus, and Friday will start when I finish my work in two hours. 

A great day to do nice things, like deep cleaning the flat after all the renovations, and maybe repainting the living room and hallway.

Nothing like being able to relax at the weekend! :D  :D 

Be good and happy!

• Like 6