IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Happy Monday All! I hope each and everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Weekend! Sorry I was not around, been dealing with Pnemonia for the last week. I pray your week is awesome! Now it is time to get ready for Christmas! Let's see those lights!

Game Of Thrones Christmas GIF

28 Days Until Christmas

339 Days Until Halloween

368 Days Until Thanksgiving

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Monday All! I hope each and everyone had a fantastic Thanksgiving, Black Friday and Weekend! Sorry I was not around, been dealing with Pnemonia for the last week. I pray your week is awesome! Now it is time to get ready for Christmas! Let's see those lights!

28 Days Until Christmas

339 Days Until Halloween

So sorry @nathan_s82 I 🙏 you are recovering well❣️

Feel Better Take Care GIF

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

28 Days Until Christmas

339 Days Until Halloween

Hope you’re feeling better, a shame to be sick during Thanksgiving.  Hope you still got to do some quality eating.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

28 Days Until Christmas

339 Days Until Halloween

Glad to hear from you.  Hope you feel much better soon. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Good afternoon everybody.

Today the rain is back, after a week of sun and cold. It's funny, because the temperature is not very cold 10-16ºC, but the north wind seems to come out of a freezer. Again.

I've seen several dozen editions I'd like to buy on Black Friday, but I've chosen to be prudent, rational. 

Still, it's only been 10 years since Black Friday in Spain, it was unheard of before... traditional sales were other, and it's amazing how crazy people go. There comes a point where they buy by inertia.

That's the question: to be prudent or to go crazy?

Over time I have become pragmatic. Yes, we always buy some editions but... besides, I think: what do I prefer, more BF or more GBs in MP? ;)

And that's where I'm clear.

Have a good end of monday!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, nathan_s82 said:

28 Days Until Christmas

339 Days Until Halloween

Take good care of yourself. You have to take care of these things so that they go away for good.

Have patience, and lots of strength! ;) 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:07 AM, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Holy cow, no toilet?  That seems much worse than the internet problem.  Sounds like everything else is coming along though.

Today we assembled a kitchen table.  Tonight and tomorrow I hope to finish assembling media room shelves.  At that point, we can populate those shelves, get the media room tv out of the box, hook up the PS5 etc. 

Then, maybe, I can unpack all of the boxes that are currently preventing me from parking in my garage.

I had the toilet prepared, but I disassembled it to improve some things. Little incidentals. And now I depend on a professional plumber to fix what I can't fix. 

But I see positive lights at the end of this week, today the electrician finished his work. Soon I will be able to unpack all the boxes.

The bad thing is that before that I will need several days to clean up everything that has been left after the obtras...

Have you been able to populate those shelves yet?

That's the best moment of the move. ;)

oD.gif

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Casiusco said:

I had the toilet prepared, but I disassembled it to improve some things. Little incidentals. And now I depend on a professional plumber to fix what I can't fix. 

But I see positive lights at the end of this week, today the electrician finished his work. Soon I will be able to unpack all the boxes.

The bad thing is that before that I will need several days to clean up everything that has been left after the obtras...

Have you been able to populate those shelves yet?

That's the best moment of the move. ;)

oD.gif

It’s pathetic, but I have only finished one shelf.  We spent all day Sunday shopping for things for the house, worked late today and got nothing done. I’m about to put on High Plains Drifter (beautiful 4K work by Kino Lorber btw) and drift off to sleep I hope.

Other than our media shelves, the only remaining struggle is internet.  Spectrum will visit me for the fourth time tomorrow (not including the construction team that had to come out.  Hopefully tomorrow they are finally going to send me a fiber tech instead of a co-ax tech.  It’s a whole saga.

But we are mostly settled in and my son seems very happy with the place.

• Like 5

Happy Hump Day All! Halfway through the work week!

9 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

What release or group buy was it that brought all the new people on today?

I'm not sure @Heywoodmoutaw, we put out a lot of content via Twitter and Instagram, so we sometime get support from that way.

Happy Dance GIF by Divi Project

26 Days Until Christmas

337 Days Until Halloween

366 Days Until Thanksgiving

• Like 5

Good morning/afternoon everyone.

The rain is back, but not much. The sky is gray, but my least favorite thing about this time of year is that I finish work and it's already dark. I need light. In fact, if it weren't for the charm of Christmas and having the whole city decorated with 11.5 million lights, it would be a sad time.

When you finish work and there is day light, it makes you want to do a thousand things.

Besides, at this time of the year, everyone insists on giving gifts, when in fact we have many GBs to pay... :D  :D :D 

Have a good day!

• Like 5