IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

6 minutes ago, ajames212 said:

Happy Sunday Everyone.  Hope All is well for everybody.   Stay safe. 

Side note:  My fence is finally up in my yard.  All summer, chase the dog, keep an eye out for wildlife.  Very lucky to live where I do. But boy I needed this done. 

20231112_105822.jpg

Congrats on getting your fence completed! 👊

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally closing on a house this week; have been planning it for a while but they had to finish building it.  Moving into a shiny new home next weekend; terrible time to buy because of interest rates but we needed to.  So this week is all about packing (and work of course, as usual).

Going to submit for the Steelbook award while packing :)  I know I have enough for that, going to see if I have enough for the Fantasy award.  I think it’s going to be close.  

• Like 7

8 hours ago, Casiusco said:

Good morning/afternoon. 

It's official, one month all days raining. 

From not normal 32 ºC on beach in October, to not normal all days raining in October and November.

And the most important thing: David Lynch got us used to giving us the weather report, and then he left us abandoned. 

Where are you, Mr. Lynch? What surprises is one of the most important directors of the last 50 years preparing for us?

ubOD4i.gif

I sure hope we get some more Lynch.  I was about to pick a movie to watch with my son, you’ve made me want to put on Lost Highway but that’s probably a bad idea :) 

Twin Peaks: The Return would be a great capstone to his career, though.  Fwiw, the Blu rays of that show are so beautiful that it’s hard to imagine 4K looking better.  Having said that, I would probably pre-order the 4K set as soon as it became available.

• Like 6

5 hours ago, ajames212 said:

Side note:  My fence is finally up in my yard.  All summer, chase the dog, keep an eye out for wildlife.  Very lucky to live where I do. But boy I needed this done. 

20231112_105822.jpg

It's nice. Congratulations!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Finally closing on a house this week; have been planning it for a while but they had to finish building it.  Moving into a shiny new home next weekend; terrible time to buy because of interest rates but we needed to.  So this week is all about packing (and work of course, as usual).

Going to submit for the Steelbook award while packing :)  I know I have enough for that, going to see if I have enough for the Fantasy award.  I think it’s going to be close.  

Good luck!

I did my move in July, but my new home was in worse condition than I expected, you know, sometimes it`s like a relationship, you cannot see everything at first sight, and then I started to do some renovations. Not for luxury, only needed or for the confort of my daughter.

And meanwhile, like there are not too mmuch professionals available to do it fast and in a reasonable price, I'm in but with half stuff still in boxes, and the most needed things outside. This month will be finished.

And when I've read you I have felt a big envy, having time to do it in the right way.

I hope everything go well in your move. It's always an opportunity to be happy, and put your stuff as you always wanted!!

Don't forget to carry your collector editions yourself. It's the only way to do it really saffe ;) 

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

I sure hope we get some more Lynch.  I was about to pick a movie to watch with my son, you’ve made me want to put on Lost Highway but that’s probably a bad idea :) 

Twin Peaks: The Return would be a great capstone to his career, though.  Fwiw, the Blu rays of that show are so beautiful that it’s hard to imagine 4K looking better.  Having said that, I would probably pre-order the 4K set as soon as it became available.

If it serves as an example, I did a little experiment and watched "Mulholland Drive" remastered 4K in a big theater with my daughter, she was only 10 years old. She's a smart girl, I've always been putting her on movie programming in parallel to what kids tend to watch these days (Yes, the Disney Channel side effects are terrible). Gradually, she's been introduced to other kinds of movies, and some films by indispensable directors. And then, Lynch.

And he liked it. It made such an impact on him, that three days later he asked me to go see it again. And we went again when I had some free time.

She still remembers it today. And that's a good thing. That it intrigues, that it doesn't generate indifference. That it makes you doubt the flat narrative models that are proposed today to children and adolescents.

Other day, we went to see "The Straight Story".

I don't know your son, and if Lost Highway would be suitable or not, ;) , but... don't forget the idea of put him in front of a Lynch film someday. It would be an interesting moment.

About his career... after Inland Empire, and later Twin Peaks - The Return, it's now easy to think about what he would do now, has come so far that it is more the path to follow than just another stone in the road.

For me it would be great to have a Final Season of Twin Peaks, but... who knows...

Whatever he does will be special.

And yes, Blu-rays are great, but I will boy 4Ks for sure.

In fact, it's a great american director with a strong core of fans still waiting for Collector editions.

PS: YEs, I still miss @Reagh...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Casiusco said:

If it serves as an example, I did a little experiment and watched "Mulholland Drive" remastered 4K in a big theater with my daughter, she was only 10 years old. She's a smart girl, I've always been putting her on movie programming in parallel to what kids tend to watch these days (Yes, the Disney Channel side effects are terrible). Gradually, she's been introduced to other kinds of movies, and some films by indispensable directors. And then, Lynch.

And he liked it. It made such an impact on him, that three days later he asked me to go see it again. And we went again when I had some free time.

She still remembers it today. And that's a good thing. That it intrigues, that it doesn't generate indifference. That it makes you doubt the flat narrative models that are proposed today to children and adolescents.

Other day, we went to see "The Straight Story".

I don't know your son, and if Lost Highway would be suitable or not, ;) , but... don't forget the idea of put him in front of a Lynch film someday. It would be an interesting moment.

About his career... after Inland Empire, and later Twin Peaks - The Return, it's now easy to think about what he would do now, has come so far that it is more the path to follow than just another stone in the road.

For me it would be great to have a Final Season of Twin Peaks, but... who knows...

Whatever he does will be special.

And yes, Blu-rays are great, but I will boy 4Ks for sure.

In fact, it's a great american director with a strong core of fans still waiting for Collector editions.

PS: YEs, I still miss @Reagh...

My kiddo is mildly autistic and just kind of young for his age.  He’s the opposite of how I was as a kid, he doesn’t *want* to watch more grown up fare, for the most part.  Just not interested.  Kind of a shame given my tastes but he’s kind of growing out of it.  I can get him interested in things with a sci fi edge; he recently loved 12 Monkeys, actually likes 2001 once the Bowman/Poole sequence starts up.

Excited about the house because we have a bit more space.  We currently have a spare room; in the new house we’re having a media room in its place.  Where video games are played and movies are displayed.  So hopefully the quality of my movie pics is about to improve. 

And no matter how much time I’ve had, I won’t be organized enough :)  

• Like 4

Good morning!

The weather is definitely crazy. 

Today marks one month in a row of cloudy and rainy days. And suddenly, while it's still raining.... it's hot!

Now I feel that I'm wearing too many clothes...

It's crazy.

November.

Anyway, another Monday.

I don't think I'll have time to go to the cinema this week, at least not until the weekend. I won't have time for much of anything.

It's a pity. There are some interesting films on the theaters.

Have a nice day!

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

My kiddo is mildly autistic and just kind of young for his age.  He’s the opposite of how I was as a kid, he doesn’t *want* to watch more grown up fare, for the most part.  Just not interested.  Kind of a shame given my tastes but he’s kind of growing out of it.  I can get him interested in things with a sci fi edge; he recently loved 12 Monkeys, actually likes 2001 once the Bowman/Poole sequence starts up.

Excited about the house because we have a bit more space.  We currently have a spare room; in the new house we’re having a media room in its place.  Where video games are played and movies are displayed.  So hopefully the quality of my movie pics is about to improve. 

And no matter how much time I’ve had, I won’t be organized enough :)  

You can be proud of your child, 2001 is a demanding film even for many adults. I have to show it to my daughter, but I need the right moment. I don't know how she will react. And 12 Monkeys is a very entertaining film, I love it. I'm glad he liked it. The science fiction route can be a good "hook", and little by little you open more doors for him.

My daughter isn't particularly interested in watching films designed for grown-ups either. I simply show her different things from time to time, in parallel to what girls her age watch.

All children have their rhythm, and their time. In my case, trying to get her to watch something calmly now is more difficult than before. It's a matter of patience for us.

Sometimes it works, like with "Mulholland Drive", or "Cleopatra", or "In the mood for love", or some others; and then, for example, with "The Neverending Story" it was a disaster. You never know what might happen, but I take the failures with enthusiasm because I think that what the victories bring, is much more important and valuable than leaving it unseen.

It opens windows to another way of seeing things.

Your new house sounds good, I think a media room is everyone's dream here. In my renovations I'm making do with a small room where I'm putting shelves on all the walls, and where I can keep most of my collection. The rest of that space will be for my daughter to play or meet her friends. 

And don't worry about not being organised enough with the move. It happens to all of us. The most important thing is to get your hands on the more expensive editions. Tragedies are too easy to find. ;) 

• Like 4

16 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Congrats on moving to a new home, and Dune is Fantasy to me.

20 hours ago, ajames212 said:

20231112_105822.jpg

Amazing work on the new fence and that is a beautiful area!

• Like 5

🥤🎬 🤠 🐴 🍪 🍩Top of the day to ya, going to be ☀️ here my friends… good day there, Veum here❣️🙏 :) 🙋🏻‍♂️

barney GIF

0%
Mild with plenty of sunshine; dry weather for raking the leaves

RealFeel®66°

RealFeel Shade™63°

Max UV Index3 Moderate

WindWNW 6 mph

• Like 3

21 hours ago, ajames212 said:

20231112_105822.jpg

Looks great man.......perfect space for a media psychos bbq...just saying not plotting or anything cough cough.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Heywoodmoutaw said:

Congratulations pal happy for you man. I'm house shopping now too and you are spot on with the interest rates not to mention what inflation has done to building cost which is being reflected in many home prices. has me like No Way Wow GIF by Laff

• Like 5