IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

10 minutes ago, Veum said:

@Reagh I do have a question though, how do you post on MP when you are carrying? 🧐 

I was never able to do ANYTHING like that… I remember if I wanted something I’d have to phone it in on my breaks 😂… real ‘Ol school guy here huh!!! 😛 

Mp comes first, if I have time to slang mail and packages, I do. 

animation art GIF by rasalo

• Haha 4

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Reagh said:

No, I’m off on Sunday. Thank goodness. It’s been 6 days a week for almost 2 years now. In the winter time I don’t mind so much but 9-10 hours in this Arizona heat is soul sucking. Every time we get a relief carrier they either quit in the academy or resign the first week. 

I’m sorry to hear that but hopefully the weather will provide some relief soon…ish.

Someone jury-rig a battery-operated fan with a piece of dry ice behind it for this man.

Quick!

sunglasses deal with it GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

@Pbsw23

These days I couldn't come here calmly, but I've remembered you.

In the last season, 21-22, the scorers in the Spanish League were:

1. Karim BENZEMA (Real Madrid) 27

2. Iago ASPAS (Celta) 18

3. VINICIUS Junior (Real Madrid) 17
4. Raul DE TOMÁS (Espanyol) 17
5. JUANMI Jiménez (Betis) 16
6. Enes UNAL (Getafe) 16
7. JOSELU Sanmartín (Alavés) 14
8. Jose Luís MORALES (Levante) 13
9. MEMPHIS Depay (FC Barcelona) 12
10. Ángel CORREA (Atlético Madrid) 12

42. Alexander ISAK (Real Sociedad) 6

Newcastle have paid €70m for Isak. 😱

How much would Aspas, Raúl de Tomás, Joselu or Morales have been worth then?

Decidedly, amounts are being paid in the Premier that don't make sense.

Even if they are afraid of not signing the good guy, when it comes to taking risks there are better ones.

The most flagrant case is Aspas. Now he's already 35, but... after a bad year in Liverpool nobody was interested in him. The best offer that came from the Premier for him in his entire life was only 9 million. But in the last five years in the Spanish league he has scored just 9 goals less than Benzema in total, in five years!! That's just 1.8 goals less on average each season.

I am happy that he returned home, he plays on my team, but if I analyze it coldly, neither Cucurella, nor Isak, nor others before, make sense.

My conclusions are:
1) English clubs are becoming that rich cousin to sell anything for a crazy price to take his money.
2) There has to be a mafia between agents and the media, or clubs, promoting players, that the day that explodes we will have a new movie about the world of sports.

PS: Rodrigo Moreno never had been in the top of scorers like these "unknown" spanish players you're seen in the list. You paid 30 millions.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Basil said:

well hello ladies my brain is spinning and i cant sleep good job i havent got work tomorrow.

churn churn churn like to think my brain power has been used exceptionally well tonight as a wild possability what you think @Hollywood E Rock

have i had an exceptional night tonight xD 

genius GIFWhat Could Go Wrong Celebrity Masterchef GIF by MasterChefAU

Biscuit Take A Chance GIFhip hop GIF by WE tv

You Know It GIF by MOODMANCaptain America Lol GIF by mtv

basil xD 

@Basil 

giphy.gif

giphy-downsized.gif

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, Casiusco said:

@Pbsw23

These days I couldn't come here calmly, but I've remembered you.

In the last season, 21-22, the scorers in the Spanish League were:

1. Karim BENZEMA (Real Madrid) 27

2. Iago ASPAS (Celta) 18

3. VINICIUS Junior (Real Madrid) 17
4. Raul DE TOMÁS (Espanyol) 17
5. JUANMI Jiménez (Betis) 16
6. Enes UNAL (Getafe) 16
7. JOSELU Sanmartín (Alavés) 14
8. Jose Luís MORALES (Levante) 13
9. MEMPHIS Depay (FC Barcelona) 12
10. Ángel CORREA (Atlético Madrid) 12

42. Alexander ISAK (Real Sociedad) 6

Newcastle have paid €70m for Isak. 😱

How much would Aspas, Raúl de Tomás, Joselu or Morales have been worth then?

Decidedly, amounts are being paid in the Premier that don't make sense.

Even if they are afraid of not signing the good guy, when it comes to taking risks there are better ones.

The most flagrant case is Aspas. Now he's already 35, but... after a bad year in Liverpool nobody was interested in him. The best offer that came from the Premier for him in his entire life was only 9 million. But in the last five years in the Spanish league he has scored just 9 goals less than Benzema in total, in five years!! That's just 1.8 goals less on average each season.

I am happy that he returned home, he plays on my team, but if I analyze it coldly, neither Cucurella, nor Isak, nor others before, make sense.

My conclusions are:
1) English clubs are becoming that rich cousin to sell anything for a crazy price to take his money.
2) There has to be a mafia between agents and the media, or clubs, promoting players, that the day that explodes we will have a new movie about the world of sports.

PS: Rodrigo Moreno never had been in the top of scorers like these "unknown" spanish players you're seen in the list. You paid 30 millions.

Hi @Casiusco I hope you’re well my Man.

Wow, thank you for going to the trouble of posting this analysis. It makes for Very interesting reading indeed. In the case of Isak, Real Sociedad have pulled off daylight robbery here, and fair play to them! In the cases of Cucurella and Isak, I think it’s fair to say that Chelsea (recently taken over by a billionaire American) and Newcastle (recently taken over by a Saudi Prince and allegedly now the richest club in the world) are absolutely being held to ransom. Not only that, the closer we get to the transfer window closing, the more ridiculous theses sale prices will become.

Man Utd have just signed Antony from Ajax for £80million. That makes him the most expensive player ever to be sold from the Eredivisie. Now is he worth £80mil? Or is it because it’s Man Utd making the bid, and the they along with other wealthy clubs are desperately chasing Liverpool and Man City? 🤷🏼‍♂️ I’m sure we all have our opinions on that, but I do agree with you that the English clubs are paying wayyyy over the odds these days.

The Premier League has become a billionaires playground, and only one club remains under English ownership. That club (Bournemouth) came up from the Championship this season and if they want to progress, they will ultimately require investment which in turn will lead to another overseas billionaire take over no doubt.

Gone are the days of Barca, Real Madrid, Juventus and even Man Utd being the wealthiest clubs in the world. And now so much investment has gone into the English game, that it’s becoming ugly with its greed. The Big 6 breakaway story that rumbled on over lockdown was quite frankly clueless and disgusting. 50% of the Prem is under American ownership now, mostly with ties to American Football or Baseball owners. Sadly our own English business men and women cannot compete at that level of wealth and our game is ever changing.

Though we (Leeds) did indeed over spend on Rodrigo (and Dan James from Man Utd for that matter) I am very pleased that my club continues to invest heavily in the youth set up, and we have seen so many of our U18’s and U21’s break into the first team. 7 of them made their full debuts in the Prem last season which is a record. This is the only way to survive in the English game now until you can compete regularly in Europe and earn the big TV money. And I should know, I watched our famous capitulation from a Champions League semi final and 3 consecutive Top 4 finishes in the Prem, turn ever so quickly into 2 relegations and play 3rd tier football. It’s been a long long road to find our way back again, but now I have to trust the foreign owners and investments to take care of my club and not do anything silly. 🤞🏼

ps. Rodrigo has started off pretty well so far…. Let’s see if he can keep it up. 

E2524BD7-75D2-4D9C-A261-985EB920769F.png

• Like 3