IGNORED

This and That (Where Great Conversations Are Happening)

Masterblaster

• Replies 30.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Veum

• Basil

• Hollywood E Rock

• Fortis93

Top Posters In This Topic

• ★ Administrators ★
2 hours ago, damships said:

I think cinemas can get back to the way they used to be if movie studios, actors and directors actually made more of an effort towards maintaining longer theatrical releases. 

Tom Cruise thankfully convinced Paramount to keep Maverick in cinemas for 90 Days. Nolan and Villeneuve have been adamant about theatrical releases (so much that Nolan left to Universal due to WB and their HBO Max stuff). Peele did great with NOPE. 

Streaming, in my opinion, is a bit dull and boring. A film is supposed to be an event. It’s supposed to be something you get excited about, make plans for, and see on a big screen. I’m all for streaming a film I’ve already seen, or a movie I just didn’t have time to see, but for the films I actually care about (the ones I’m passionate about seeing) I go to the cinema. 

Support your local cinemas.

episode 1 GIF
Screaming Movie Theater GIF by Domino Recording Co.

Movie Theater Reaction GIF by CBSMovie Theater Popcorn GIF by filmeditormovie theater GIF

so yeah....I agree.

• Haha 4

6 hours ago, tr0llhatt said:

Cinema has a short window of impact and is almost exclusively for the big draws, streaming/digital is where the longevity is (headed). Physical discs while still profitable are a pale ghost of they used to be and low-to-mid budget movies who previously would make the bulk of their revenue on disc has been relegated to digital. I'm fine with that personally, but streaming quality has to go up, way up. Sonys BRAVIA CORE is to my knowledge the only service providing disc quality unless you're forking out for Kaleidescape which is... pricey.

Apple are pretty good quality wise though with their own TV stuff, no idea where they're at with licensed content.

So you know, embrace discless premiums! :D

giphy.gif

5 hours ago, damships said:

I think cinemas can get back to the way they used to be if movie studios, actors and directors actually made more of an effort towards maintaining longer theatrical releases. 

Tom Cruise thankfully convinced Paramount to keep Maverick in cinemas for 90 Days. Nolan and Villeneuve have been adamant about theatrical releases (so much that Nolan left to Universal due to WB and their HBO Max stuff). Peele did great with NOPE. 

Streaming, in my opinion, is a bit dull and boring. A film is supposed to be an event. It’s supposed to be something you get excited about, make plans for, and see on a big screen. I’m all for streaming a film I’ve already seen, or a movie I just didn’t have time to see, but for the films I actually care about (the ones I’m passionate about seeing) I go to the cinema. 

Support your local cinemas.

Standing Ovation Applause GIF by State Farm

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, nathan_s82 said:

Happy Weekend my Psychos! Nothing like finding out your copy of The Witch got lost from Second Sight.....

I'm in the same boat. No updates since July 22... Both The Witch and my copy of The Dark Knight from BluFans arrived at the Chicago hub on the same day. TDK was here a few days later, and I've gotten two orders from Zavvi in the weeks since that shipped out after The Witch. Second Sight asked me to give it another week just in case, so Thursday will make it a month since they shipped it out. I even opened a missing package ticket with USPS. Nada. Freaking sucks.

• Sad 2

39 minutes ago, damships said:

There’s been nothing on Inception Manta news, correct? I know I said I’m done after LOTR, but I forgot I don’t have a premium for Inception. My final Nolan film I don’t have a premium for. 

Disappointed Oh Boy GIF by Bachelor in Paradise Canada

Haven’t heard anything yet. I’m waiting for that one, too! Fingers crossed it happens soonish.

• Like 6

14 hours ago, Hollywood E Rock said:

@nathan_s82 

That’s unfortunate to hear hopefully your copy turns up anyways in mint condition. 

14 hours ago, MikeH5856 said:

I'm in the same boat. No updates since July 22... Both The Witch and my copy of The Dark Knight from BluFans arrived at the Chicago hub on the same day. TDK was here a few days later, and I've gotten two orders from Zavvi in the weeks since that shipped out after The Witch. Second Sight asked me to give it another week just in case, so Thursday will make it a month since they shipped it out. I even opened a missing package ticket with USPS. Nada. Freaking sucks.

That's what happened to me. No shipping update since the 26th of July. But on the good side, they sent out another copy. Happy Saturday!

• Like 5